Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245208 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »

Lol, I wish I'd known. I've farmed up close to 7 or 8 LPs in my time. Gave a full pattern set away to my brother when he started just so he could roll with a prime weapon. I never even cared to build it for myself.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2015, 07:37:32 pm »

Yeah, Oberon got buffed to pretty good levels. He's also absurdly easy to farm now that he drops from Eximus units. I've got 4-5 copies of each part blueprint sitting in my inventory after I made him. Just run Augustus six or seven times for a good duration and you'll have all the parts plus a load of T4 keys.

The saddest part about Strict NAT bullshit? You will never ever get to use any of your Defense/Mobile Defense keys, so just use them to make dragon keys for Derelict.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 10, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »

The Blackout event is up for the next few days. First mission: blue tater blueprint. Second mission: gold tater blueprint. Third mission: emblem/sigil/whatevs. The third tops out at level 80, the first starts at around level 15.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2015, 06:02:27 pm »

The Blackout event is up for the next few days. First mission: blue tater blueprint. Second mission: gold tater blueprint. Third mission: emblem/sigil/whatevs. The third tops out at level 80, the first starts at around level 15.
Also, its a combination Deception/Exterminate mission.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »

Pretty easy, though, as long as your team isn't stupid. Just run in circles around a semi-open area as a group stun-locking them all with melee, and make sure to have a Loki or Valkyr to revivebot.

Actually, I ran them with nothing but my Brutal Tide Obex on my Loki and didn't need to stealth except when reviving, 'cause Infinite Knockup Works.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2015, 06:28:32 pm »

Revive? The group I'd been in didn't need reviving, we ended up with warcry & vortex. Until the second one, anyway. Did need some reviving there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2015, 08:18:10 pm »

Yeah, on the second and third, I meant. A lot of builds get auto-downed if they're hit at that point.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2015, 01:36:47 pm »

Didn't realize some prime items were taken out of the void rewards table. Wish I had known before turning in all of my prime parts for ducats.

Slightly related, how much do you think an entire set of Frost Prime blueprints would cost in a trade?

Also wouldn't mind joining a clan, if we have one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2015, 02:14:56 pm »

Didn't realize some prime items were taken out of the void rewards table. Wish I had known before turning in all of my prime parts for ducats.

Slightly related, how much do you think an entire set of Frost Prime blueprints would cost in a trade?

Also wouldn't mind joining a clan, if we have one.
Significantly more than before, but less than a week or two ago.

Also we don't really have a clan. We're all over the place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »

Significantly more than before, but less than a week or two ago.

Also we don't really have a clan. We're all over the place.

Kind of got that vibe from when I discovered that it has been discontinued. I see prices in the market chat, but it still seems to vary a bit. I saw people trying to sell sets for between 200 and 450 platinum. Which is a shame, since I almost had a full set when I was dumb and dumped my primes.

Skimming the thread a bit, it seems like we are scattered about.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm in a little group of 30-40ish called Raging Barbarians, mostly because their leader invited me after a match and they had pretty much everything researched. The main things to look for in a group are: a) most/all clantech researched and b) not a member-clan of ICE, because fuck those assholes, their battlepay baiting, and their 99% taxes. They're just Eclipse 2: Shitlord Boogaloo, even if you don't think that it's suspicious that DE servers got DDOSed right during crucial Solar Rail fights that gave them control over major DS nodes.

RE: Discontinued Prime stuff. I'unno where prices are pegged at exactly, but IIRC a lot of the inflation was on console, not PC. WFT Pro pegs the parts at a range from 20p (Helmet) to 50p (Systems) on the low end, and their prices generally highball things anyways, as I'm usually able to buy parts at or below their "Low" listings.

Just yesterday I picked up all the components for a Latron Prime (which was also discontinued at the same time) for 10p per part and 13p for the Receiver, which falls into that same "Low" range at WFTP, for 43p total for one of the best weapons in the game which no longer drops parts.

So yeah, if you are discerning and haggle properly you should be able to pick up Frost Prime for 200p or less; I'm planning on getting it myself soon.

Keep in mind that once you're at the endgame it's relatively easy to earn plat; a maxed Serration, Vitality, &c. (or any core 10-dot mod, really) will sell for several hundred plat easily, considering how much time and credits it takes to make them (though, naturally, endgame players have relatively little to do with all of the credits and trash rares that accumulate).

--

Also folks, just a couple days until the trader shows. If you're really desperate to scrape together some ducats now's the time to start grinding Void missions or buying cheap parts.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »

Luckily I've got a few arcane helmets I'll never put to use. I'll probably make a post on the trading forums to see if anyone is interested, and hopefully I'll have enough to get something. Though I guess I'll have to join a clan to be able to trade, won't I?

If anyone here is interested, here is what I have:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: Got 150p for the whole set. I think that's good. Is it good? I'm still new to this whole trading thing. Kind of surprised that someone wanted Flux. I'd consider selling my last two helms, but I don't want to let them go.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:44:01 pm by BlackFlyme »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2015, 06:01:35 pm »

You either have to be in a clan, or be invited by someone who is, to trade. Easier to just have both involved be in a clan, that way it doesn't matter who invites who, just that an invite happens. (or trade with people in the same clan, which involves less invites and more just meeting)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:46 pm »

I've started expanding my branch of CSW on Warframe, just 3 people so far but things look promising. All Bay12'ers are free to join, as I've based our core values around casual play and camaraderie, which is basically how most Bay12 guilds/clans are. We don't have much built, but we do have a trading post, so feel free to join just to use it. I'm on a serious Warframe kick now that I've got the Boltor Prime and can actually hold my own in T1-T3 things as Oberon (working on getting a Prime Warframe). I'm working on getting a nice clan emblem to rally behind, but uploading one is 150p and buying it is another 30p! What?! Also, I'm attempting to GIMP the thing (emblem) together, but with a lack of success.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2015, 06:56:07 pm »

Random note: Emblems can now be used on both shoulders/sentinel-emblem-spots/kubrow-emblem-emplacements. Dunno when they fixed that, but its nice for people with more than one event emblem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 133