Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245211 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #480 on: October 14, 2014, 07:34:46 pm »

IIRC, there is a stamina bar now.

I, too, have strong opinions and high expectations of games; it's a good thing and far too many gamers accept major or minor flaws in places where there is no excuse for them (such as the dogshit menus that oblivion and skyrim had).  Just remember than disagreements about VIDEO GAMES aren't worth being mad or mean over.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:41 pm »

Archwing is here.

And this patch is a doozy. Tons of things added. Syndicates. Making WF abilities level with the frames instead of being mods. Mods to alter specific WF ability performance. More customization. Just a ton of shit. Check it out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »

Got back into the game right before Archwing. Used to feel meh towards it, now I can't get enough. Started the Twelfth Bay, finished first room in the Dojo, Reactor will be under construction as soon as a Forma finishes construction.

I don't know if anyone else started up a Bay12 clan, mine is open to any/all.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:44 pm »

I just started getting (back) into this game, and I would be interested in joining the clan. Soooo much has changed, I barely even recognize anything anymore XD

Unfortunately I have the same problem with this game as I do with Payday (but not as extreme). I'm afraid to play online because I feel like I'd be a fifth wheel or just hinder everyone else somehow.

So how do I join the clan? (My name is OzyTheSage in game. I really need a better internet handle)

EDIT: I'm also curious to know... I see a lot of missions have levels associated with them. How do I know which levels are appropriate for me to handle?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:12:25 pm by OzyTheSage »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2014, 12:03:46 am »

Finger Blasters is open to invites, but there are not a lot of active players. Basically, it's a clan to join when you want the researched items it offers. No idea what the status of the Twelfth Bay is. If you want an invite Ozy, just let me know.

EDIT: I'm also curious to know... I see a lot of missions have levels associated with them. How do I know which levels are appropriate for me to handle?

Mission level roughly corresponds to the level of your Warframe and weapons. And while you cap out at 30, the enemy levels go a bit higher. (I think T4 Void is like 30 to 40?) Anyways, you can usually play missions a couple levels above your Warframe/Weapon levels and do alright. Solo it's a bit harder, but in a group setting it should be no problem, because most pubbies can pick up the slack.

As for feeling like a 5th wheel, I really would not worry about it. No one pays that close attention to group play in WF because everyone is too busy rushing. And if 1 group member pulling less than their weight breaks a public game....chances are none of you should have been doing it in the first place. Solo is the way to play to familiarize yourself with the game, level layouts, ect......online groups are the way to get shit done. Generally I solo the progress missions, and do public groups for Survival (for the experience) and Alerts (because the high level ones can tend to get a little crazy.) Low level voids I run solo for the cash, and reserve the high level voids for playing with friends.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:51:39 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2014, 12:05:51 am »

Well, I could answer that about the levels, Ozy. (Or I could fakeedit and be ninja'd in the space ninja thread by nenjin)
I figured out what they were (in a general way) after some solo void attempts (Excalibur/gorgon wraith/lato/dual ethers, all maxed, assorted mods in varied levels of fusededness). Tower I Exterminate's level range was very doable with heavy blocking and lots of melee attacks. Tower II Exterminate's level range was on the edge of doable and required lots of drawing out individual heavy gunners to counter-minigun at, or an abundance of radial blind. (Rejuvenation aura helped tremendously with me actually completing that thing alone)

Things near 30 are going to get tough, and above 35 nearly killed me, intenuiso, and a third guy before we escaped that mission in success. Things under 10 should be, with some extra help or a bit of strategy, doable by anything, even nearly-unranked frames.

Don't rush for the limbo quest archwing missions as soon as you get the odonata, you just get slaughtered in your unrankedness. Found that out the hard way :/
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2014, 12:24:14 am »

Mind Control got a huge buff. Now I can finally use it outside of solo runs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 13, 2014, 12:32:26 am »

I'm not 100% sure what all that game-speak was about. I didn't play much back when I did so I didn't get very far.

Go ahead and invite me to whatever clan happens to be playing. I'm probably too low level to do much with your guys though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 13, 2014, 12:41:34 am »

I used 3 maxed-rank weapons, the warframe I started with (which had gotten to 30 several returns to the game ago), and two void keys, and ended up finding out that with a lot of power uses or strategery, I could get through roughly half (ish) the level numbers solo, assuming its an exterminate mission and not something that requires me to defend something other than myself, since the rejuvenation aura can/will heal my health given enough time and shields.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:36 am »

I go at Warframe in spurts. Playing intensely for a few weekends, then stop for a month or two. I enjoy it but the larger game is pretty much dead to me. I've done most and gotten most of what I care about. I try to check out each major update but, can't really say the game has actually moved forward in the couple years I've been playing it now. A lot has changed, but gameplay hasn't really felt like it's advanced in a while. But still, it's just fun to high-speed murderalate with friends, the game still excels at that. Or power leveling those who need it. You can basically get to 30 in 1 night on all your weapons and Warframe just doing Apollodorus Survival all night, when you're with Rank 30 people who can go 50 minutes or longer each run. 85k, 100k experience or more per run doing that.

I'll toss you an invite Ozy. If you change your mind, no worries, FB is basically just a guild to have a guild and the amenities they offer. Our Clan Hall pretty much as everything at this point I think.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:03:47 am by nenjin »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »

*Cast Regeneration*

idk if anyone else is still interested in playing but I did make a bay12 clan (Twelfth Bay) and have been working on building up a Dojo. Currently in the process of acquiring a forma for an energy lab.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 15, 2015, 01:26:44 pm »

I've been playing around with space ninja things, yeah. Been hanging around the reddit clan though, since it was easy to rejoin to access labs and stuff. Might join you eventually int.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 15, 2015, 01:59:45 pm »

Cool. I just realized Ozy was interested but had no way to contact me.

My in-game name is inuit_ones, send me a friend request and/or message me if you're looking to play.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #493 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:00 am »

I still hop in every now and then to keep my clan updated with research, waiting until the devs decide to stop nerfing everything into the ground and adding rediculous new alerts before I start playing properly again.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2015, 10:48:05 am »

I just started playing a few days ago and HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME I'M A SPACE NINJA IN SPACE!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 133