Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245177 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2014, 09:11:24 am »

I like the new UI, not sure what nenjin is on about. Mods interface is messy, but everything else is fine to me. Also, they threw Loki out of the starter selection, so now if you start you get Excalibur, volt, or mag.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:14:51 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2014, 09:29:56 am »

I like the new UI, not sure what nenjin is on about. Mods interface is messy, but everything else is fine to me. Also, they threw Loki out of the starter selection, so now if you start you get Excalibur, volt, or mag.

BOOOOOO!!! Loki was my starter and I loved him. Really good for solo play which I was pretty much exclusively. He's actually the only one who is actually sortof a ninja.

It's probably a better mix though although I still hate mag regardless.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2014, 09:30:52 am »

You forgot Ash if you're looking for ninjaframes. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:57 am »

Pff, Mag masterrace. You go play over in the dirt, I'll be here on hour three of survival exploding rooms full of enemies.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:51 am »

You forgot Ash if you're looking for ninjaframes. :P

True!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:39 am »

Mag was indeed kinda nice when I played with it during the prologue. But I don't remember where you get mag, I'd need a new warframe slot to actually have it anyway, and Excalibur works for me most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 30, 2014, 09:49:41 am »

I like the new UI, not sure what nenjin is on about. Mods interface is messy, but everything else is fine to me.

Warframe originally had this cool, bio-organic look to a lot of the game, including the UI. Each iteration has gotten successively more pedestrian, until we've come to flat white boxes.

The new system map is atrocious. Sure, it's accessible, but DE still doesn't understand what information people want presented. (For example, why is it so hard to add an icon for each mission type so we don't have to mouse over every single planet to find the kind of mission we're interested in.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:47:33 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:58 am »

Well, I don't have an argument there on the map, that would be nice. But for someone who has no idea what this old UI looked like (just the current diegetic spaceship one and the previous ninja-in-space with menus one), this one is more interesting to look at.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

Haven't played in a while, but, uh, is Galatine still complete crap, or did they give it a buff since the melee 2.0 update?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »

Haven't played in a while, but, uh, is Galatine still complete crap, or did they give it a buff since the melee 2.0 update?

Galatine was never crap, unless you were doing the normal swing.

It was the single highest charge swing damage in the game prior to Melee 2.0. With maxed out charge speed and charge damage mods mods, a fully charged Galatine swing would drop Lvl 40 guys on Tier 3 Void Defense in one hit. It was eventually the only thing that even had a prayer of killing Heavies and Ancients at that level.

Now that Charge Swinging is completely gone in Melee 2.0, I don't know what its damage scale looks like.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:47:45 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:46 pm »

Pretty sure it's basically useless now, it's been booted off it's pedestal of flavour of the month, not sure what people are using now.
My cabbages!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 30, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »

I like the Dual Ether, but thats just me. Its probably not anywhere near the superawesome somethingorother darkling wolf is describing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 30, 2014, 02:17:03 pm »

I just stick with the dual Zoren. Between Spazjumping and Zorencoptering I can cross most tiles in about a second.
My cabbages!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #463 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

dual ichors are actually better for that now, if you can bother to get the research goin for em. Nami Skyla might also be great for coptering?

Also yeah, galatine is... in a wierd place. On one hand it gets a special stance (I think?), that results in pretty big AoE, but it's damage is greatly reduced. melee 2.0 slapped around a lot of heavy weapons pretty badly. Faster weapons are now vastly better however. The dragon nikana/dakra prime are both solid candidates for "best melee weapon" these days. dragon nikana flinches every hit, which has obvious uses, and dakra is just pure dps.

I will also say what old UI's looked like did not strike me as "bio organic" in the slightest.

It actually struck me as "it took me fifteen minutes and a consultation by a person that played the game to figure out how to equip a weapon" in the first iteration. Second, and longest lived, iteration was actually pretty nice and a good situation to be in, which if this is what you're referring to, I totally agree. And I believe this is the third iteration, which basically seems to be the same thing but with less fancy and more boxes.

So I guess what I'm saying is if nenjin came in with the second iteration (I forget precisely when it went up, Sometime between update like... 9 - 11, I suppose I can agree.

The space map is totally shit right now though, I can agree with that. Ring of words! What mission is what? Where's the first mission? What are the types? Levels? Mouse over for all this!

I came in after a long hiatus to that and it was genuinely kind've hard to see what was what. That may be more the small type, to be fair, but that shouldn't be happening either.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2014, 10:28:05 pm »

Yeah I guess it would be second iteration. I think I started about 6 months or so after release. But since I started, this is the 3rd UI I've seen, so that makes at least 4 UI makeovers.

And maybe bioorganic wasn't the right description. It just seemed less new age tech. Warframe had a very alien vibe to me when I first started, but it's been getting less and less so as time has gone on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 133