Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46222 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »

First of all I meant the race second of all first impressions are everything. But your right a modification to the course is necessary. So now I am pretty much clean and that I can say that I tried to save your race but you didn't listen so essentially I save you from your self-afflicted near extinction and you make you race hate the fleet. Good luck pursuing that point buddy. I have decided to call off the last major assault because your race Armok is more useful alive than dead when it comes to Salmass
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:42:42 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »

((Umm, you know we're not playing as races or some kind of patron gods, but as genetic engineers/sociologists working towards the same goal, right? You didn't "save" me from anything, you almost ruined my project by contaminating it with undue hitech influences.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2012, 09:31:29 pm »

((Eh you would lose some progress by having them wiped out temporarily and in the context I saved some citizens, but meh, the living fleet is organo tech so really it isn't hightech and was mainly just their so that it could be a fleet that aids you guys but I think I will steel some of your guys and make some marines))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2012, 02:32:50 am »

The heavy lose of territory and population was caused by bad interpretation of Armok's orders by the GM. Expect a radical turnover next turn (which I'll be happy with, because arm race and inter-species war are good for what we want.)

We were trying to make the stalemate last as long as possible and now you're bombing everything.

Well, at the very least now we have a good trial. Nothing like alien invasion to increase unity and military tech.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:18 am »

Actually pretty soon my guys will retreat but hey look at it this way: Salmass got some experience with orbital bombardment. Pretty soon the fleet will begin to be phased out. I actually think I will take advantage of the FTL capability and flee on the living fleet for a new world to develop the marines. I should be able to do everything you guys can do without the the equipment if I bring my guys laptop and/or desktop. Also sorry about being ass yesterday, was not in the best of moods. But hey I get to go off and utter these words a GM dreads:we split up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:22:30 am by SoHowAreYou »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2012, 10:19:54 am »

Year 800
This centur was known as the century of rebirth, in this century the fighting was mostly against non traditional foes, Slask told the Vorglockie not to trust the Life Ships, and many went on the great pilgrimage, the Salmass underwent huge technological changes and began to fight the Life ships more, and the Life ships began to withdraw and the Kailarsk were rediscoverd.

The Vorglockie were told by Slask not to trust the Life ships, and to go on a great pilgrimage, many would not listen to the arena champions but many more would and soon one third of the entire Vorglockie population was on the move south west. Most of those who stayed were those almost entirely taken over by the Ornalords, and msot who left were those still under the influence of the Prince's. For those who stayed they sufferd from huge population loss  and the few survivors went to join the Life Ships as they left the planet. Those who went on the great pilgrimage travveled for ten years before they finally reached their destination, a large island covering about 13% of the planet, however it seemed that the last of the Kailarsk were there and they still rememberd what the Vorglockie had done to them, and so the Vorglockie had to fight for their home. The war was long and took eight years before finaly victory belonged to the Vorglockie, although they could not drive the Kailarsk out fully, and a consequence of the war was that the worker caste was all but ahnihalated. They called their new land Slaskiar, and the first Slaskiar hives were born, the first arena champion of Slaskiar was rather surprised when his boon was a small plant, but the plant proved a great boon as it produced food, silk and construction material, the remains of the worker caste, now considerably larger and stronger, were able to use this reasource to great effect, and soon those who did not win the plant were given it by others in return for joining meta hives. On this island of peace the Vorglockie population per hive shrunk, but the number of hives grew considerably, and the population was massive, technology now included black powder, but also electricity, steam power and more, some colony's were even founded off Slaskeria, but by the year 793, every hive on Slaskiar was joined in one meta hive, but then the greatest miricle happened, all of the Vorglockie now had wings, the princes were back, the Queens guard were used to generate even more numbers, and then in the year 800 Slaskiar floated into the sky, this had huge consequences on the rest of the world, destroying all ground based hives in huge storms, tsunamies and earthquakes, but the Vorglockie on Slaskiar felt none of it, for them two centuries of fighting a losing battle were over, they were now kings queens and of the skies.

The Salmass had a worse time off, the life ships forced them to adapt and they adopted three strategies to prevent damage, number one making small mobile homes that allowed them to run quickly and wern't that hard to rebuild, some hid in caves or used abandoned Vorglockie hives and some burrowed under ground, with this they adapted again, kin started becomeing closer to all Salmass and the heretic Vorglockie attacks were simply nusainces, they underwent huge technological expansion, steam power, coal mines, fertilizers and advanced construction methods, even electricity. They adapted to fight the Life ships but by the year 784 the life ships were gone, and the Salmass began to rebuild the great cities of old. Then by the year 797 the first Salmass made flying vehicle was formed, then disaster struck, the weather paterns changed ubruptly and the sea levels dropped remarkably low, the Slamass population enterd the nineth century facing starvation.

The life ships stayed near the surface for a little while, developing new strains, but when the great pilgrimage began they founf their ground forces rather weakened, they gatherd up the remaining vorglockie who had stayed behind and went off into space, where the species chnaged till it was entirely dedicated to the Life Ships, the Life shipsbacked off the the edge of the planets gravitational reach, where they stayed and waited.

Well the inspection went well, very well in fact, the inspectors had shown up with those mutated Ataqalaas as bodyguards, and had witnessed the event, the Vorglockie had recoverd remarkably and their floating island would soon rise above the atmosphere by which point it would have its own atmosphere and the Salmass continued to show remarcable adaptation ability, the inspectors had insisted on a large fleet to arrive in case the Life ships rebelled, but they told us that our work was the best so far, and that they would have to watch more to decide which race/races should become the protectors.

Spoiler: Galyiam Cargo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Species (click to show/hide)

No heading off alone with your species yet, the species can leave next turn but remeber you are being moniterd constantly, and the goal is to create a race of protectors, you will have to decide when to reveal this to the species
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2012, 10:35:31 am »

Are there any other planets or asteroid belts that the fleet can station the Vorglockies at? If there is set up in orbit. If not then leave.

Have the mariners study the life ships inner workings so that they may begin to have tech. Have the ships assist them in this endeavor by making even asteroids breathable. If the tech exceeds the Life Ships capabilities have them replace that part on the life ship. Leave no rock unturned, even copy psionics with machines. Put a small Nano-forge in each mariner to give them a small nano capability like keeping the brain fresh if they die so they can later be revived, in addition strengthen the brain case.

Have them develop plants that the life ships can supply nutrients too so they later can make habitats. Encourage technological growth with luxuries.

So in otherwords advance and begin to phase out the life ships. Also make them capable of invading a planet but don't actually invade. Also just tell the mariners that they will become the peacekeepers and protectors but also tell them that we aren't gods just very powerful beings who would honor them and be forever grateful if they become our defenders. No point in hiding it from them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:02:10 am by SoHowAreYou »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2012, 11:12:10 am »

Ok, I have tried to write it of as maybe I'm being vague or something several times before, butthis tme is just to much. You really need to work on your reading comprehension, and not write when you are to tired.

You entirely forgot to mention anything about any response to my letter or anything else of the office politics half of the game.

The plants were very specifically adapted to gas giant, and wouldn't be able to survive on an earthlike world like this. More importantly, they were part of the jovian adaptation project that very explicitly were to be kept separate from the wild population.

I absolutely do NOT return the princes. The queens guard was suposed to take their role making them obsolete.

A floating continent of peace and happiness is so utterly at odds with everything that I wont even comment on it.

Once again you forgot the very important implant hatch modification, which needed to be in place well before reaching this tech level for the plan to fully work.

Why would the Ornalords, mentioned as a priest caste, be a main force against doing the will of their "god"?

You mentioned nothing abaut how the jovian adaptation side project went other than the plant. adapting a species from oxygen breating to hydrogen breathing is no trivial task.

Honestly, I recommend just retconing these last two turns.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »

I did entirely forget to write about the letter and for that I am sorry, but lets see the rest;

you gave no mention of what the 'wild hives' are.

There is no such thing as being adapted earth or jovian.

The Vorglockie are ready for jovian worlds but there was no mention because they still live on an earth like planet.

YOU told ME that something like a lack of princes wouldn't spread to other hives and the hives that left on the pilgrimage most had princes still in them, if you don't understand read your own comment.

It is NOT a floating continent of peace and happines it is a floating continent of warlike, revenge hungry, unified and high tech bug creatures, who are feeling at the top of their spirits.

The hatch modification, if I forgot that then just remind me next time rather than wait till now.

Because the Ornalords are also the science caste and they have been spending all this time fighting a losing battle, then somehing comes along and saves them asking for nothin in return, and then their god asks demands that they leave and never have contact with their modern saviors again? figure it out

And on top of it all YOU said that I should write what I THOUGHT SHOULD HAPPEN, this is what I think should happen, your species is in its golden age, their faith reinforced increadably, honestly.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2012, 08:25:33 pm »

oh, you do have some points there. Terribly sorry. :(

this thread seems cursed with failures of communication in all directions. That has a tendency to happen in this type of game where players describe a large complicated plan, gues to sleep, and then the GM has to interpret and implement it. No feedback loops and high info density.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 02:59:59 am »

There is no such thing as being adapted earth or jovian.
This, as a biologist (student), I disagree with it. Gravity, atmospheric density and composition, and even the very presence of a ground are completely different for earth or jovian worlds. It is far easier for a earth creature to try to live under water than in a jovian world. Notably because fishs still breath oxygen, while jovian do not.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 03:28:36 am »

Armok you are right on some points as well, like number one I shouldn't post when I'm tired, I'm not quite sure where the floating island came from, I'll change it if you want, but thats it, still, please do remind me whan i forget something as I am a very forgetful person, and i agree with you on the whole big plan things, I plan on slowing this down now but constant communication is definately going to be a problem as I quite enjoy spending my time playing steam and warhamer, not to mention school but that nearly over for the term

This, as a biologist (student), I disagree with it. Gravity, atmospheric density and composition, and even the very presence of a ground are completely different for earth or jovian worlds. It is far easier for a earth creature to try to live under water than in a jovian world. Notably because fishs still breath oxygen, while jovian do not.

Eh, I never really liked or was good at Biology
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:32:26 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 09:17:23 am »

I just want to point out psionics screw with capabilities of creatures to live in environments. That said the viability of the 2010 creatures is something Kaian might be able to tell us about. But these really don't count because Armok I am assuming doesn't want them because they were massive. 

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 07:50:53 pm »

OK, before this turns into a huge biology argument could i have the turns please? It will be twenty years in the next turn, if it is about biology but relevent to this forum feel free, but no biology argument, I hate biology
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2012, 09:29:26 pm »

continue trying again with the same things I have been so far, nothing really new to ad.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29