Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46185 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 01:39:56 pm »

This turn is much better, live the writing again.

I say we inform the humans of the situation, act friendly, and offer them a lift up.

I remind Shaleskia that the pjoject is far from finished, and that as they fight in between hives, so each hive becomes more unified within itself. Also, a culture of underdogs will grow all the more strong and prod, and in the end just a single hive is enough base for the protectors.

It seems the silk gloves have to come of and the social reform more biologically enforced. Lets see what happens if a few hives simply stop generating any prince or prins' guard larva, and the queens guard becomes more numerous and fertile.
The soldiers grow to prince's-guard size/strenght/etc. but not looks or smell or other such markers.

The shrinking of hives seem to be proceeding on schedule, about half way.

To try to further encourage meta-hives, try making queens occasionally born in largish batches of natural clones that bond strongly as larva.

((nitpick: it'd be easier to find things if you split posts up into paragraphs. ))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »

So what do you guys want the fleets to do hang tight in orbit? Or did you have something want them to do or any ships you want to make? Do you want me to send some down for your races to play with? So far I have some mainline capital ship. Plan to create fighters, transports, EVA suits possibly, a few more types of capital ships, stations and really whatever else I or you might  want.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:49:04 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

dds is a typo, its supposed to say dad's, I'm Australian
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

Ah O.K. that actually explains a lot why your still in school, yes I am American. Up until now I thought you were Japanese.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2012, 06:29:51 pm »

The area that the humans landed is in the territory of Meta Hive Blacsyst, a combination of three separate hives, Meta Hive Blacsyst is renowned for its massive armies of scouts, the common tactic of the princes is to rush the enemy with spear armed scouts, (Throwing and close combat) followed up by mass axe Warrior charge. This comes from the fact that Meta Hive Blacsyst’s territory is mostly jungle with many creatures available for food supplies. The ship crash landed near the border of Meta Hive Blacsyst and Tribe Harlorg, this tribe is renowned for its low tech weapons but also its many monstrous beasts it uses in combat, these range from giant Gorglockers, huge armoured creatures with massive claws for the front limbs, to adult Maltrer, winged beasts three metre’s high with claws and gas for combat, the grubs of which are three metres long, heavily armoured, round with six sharp limbs and a massive mouth of sharp teeth are also the main food source for Slamass, taking the place of cattle.

I woulld like some info on what your races are going to do about this, and what your plan is for the next hundred years
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »

How well would the energy cannons work in the atmosphere and how well could they be aimed without collateral damage? Would there be any detectable traces if we used telekinetic force to kill them all simultaneously and could we do that? If we can do the kinectic force to kill them then tear up the ship, make it look like they died in the crash send a ship if possible to earth with photos and edited videos. Try to make us look good. Finally if possible transport the bodies back to Earth.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:56:34 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:12 pm »

Blacsyst is probably going to start worhiping them like gods when they discover they have weapons that have so far always been associated with that. I'm not going to interfere with their reaction thou.

plan for next 100 years is still
It seems the silk gloves have to come of and the social reform more biologically enforced. Lets see what happens if a few hives simply stop generating any prince or prins' guard larva, and the queens guard becomes more numerous and fertile.

The soldiers grow to prince's-guard size/strenght/etc. but not looks or smell or other such markers.

The shrinking of hives seem to be proceeding on schedule, about half way.

To try to further encourage meta-hives, try making queens occasionally born in largish batches of natural clones that bond strongly as larva.

as for the ships, I am worried about their controllability and loyalty. I may complain about this. I may also examine the possibility of eventually in the future integrating them or somehting similar with a hive as a special caste.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »

They were suppose to be sub-senteint unless they need to be senteint. Moreover they are supposed to be seperate except for like organic combat armor or habitats and possibly transports. In combat should they become sentient is a question for you guys.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:45:12 pm by SoHowAreYou »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2012, 03:06:08 am »

A problem I recently became aware is that your ships are psionics... And Salmass are psionics inhibitors... uh oh...

For the humans, Salmass will first try to communicate, maybe even domesticate the humans. But agression will be followed by violent retaliation, as they will be categorized as dangerous. Later, renewed attempts of communication may take place from time to time.

In the next hundred years, Salmass will become increasingly conscious of their unity as a species, as communications develop. Intertribe breeding, tech trade, war with vorglokies and human contact are events that gradually extend the Salmass concept of "Kin". Expect tribe and clans to form alliances and "meta-tribes" as neighbouring clans exchange sons and daughters (a common practice to avoid inbreeding. What change is that Salmass become increasingly aware of where the youngs actually go/come from.)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2012, 05:27:05 am »

So let the human contact run its course, I can't post right now cause I'm on an iPhone
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2012, 08:50:57 am »

Kaian I would not have said that until Armok was gone. Try to use energy cannons to kill Kaian's race in addition to the creation of the following

-Fighters: manuverable, better at pinpoint strikes, suited for ground attack, fast, not as powerful as the original ships.

-Transports: Self-explanatory

-Stations: Self-enplanatory

-Sensor platforms: Better aim

-Command platform: A levitating terminal that commanders of Armoks race can use to communicate with the fleet.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2012, 09:44:24 am »

Year 700
Over the next hundred years, the war went up in escalation, the Salmass continued to grow in strength but attacks from the life ships caused extreme damage to them and they were forced to adapt. The Vorglockie went well at forst as the hives got smaller and more meta hives were created, but a massive population drop occured as the number of princes being born began to drop. The life ships produced their first fighers whose first act was to assult the humans, and then the Slamass, while transports began to descend and soon the Life ships and few remaining Vorglockie began to unite against the Salmass.

The Salmass grew in number and thier technology began to increase, crossbows, steel, and even basic gunpowder weaponry began to emerge, a group of beast masters began to breed even more dangerous creatures and larger cities began to pop up all over the place. In the contact with the humans the Salmass attempted to be friendly, this succeded and human gunpowder was traded for protection against Vorglockie assults, the Vorglockie did assult due to the humans mistaking them for dangerous wildlife but they were driven back by human weaponry and Salmass war beasts. A small human colony was established that lasted sixty years with these humans providing great technological secrets to the Salmass, it was destroyed when Life ship fighters and capitol ships attacked the colony, the few human surivors all dying out by the year 689. The Salmass had meanwhile made significant progress against the Vorglockie after the aquisition of gunpowder and steel, this was sped up by a sudden decline in the Vorglockie population as the princes dwindled in number, however when the life ships joined the war alongside the Vorglockie, the Salmass found themselves forced back somwhat, before being locked in a slow grind with the Vorglockie-Life Ship alliance, by the end of the seventh century they owned 76% of the planet but were being forced back.

The Vorglockie had meanwhile, had mixed fortunes, the contact with the humans was hostile as the humans killed someof their numbaer, and then began trading with the Salmass! The Vorglockie launched an immediate assul but were driven back and by he year 614 Meta Hive Blacsyst was no more. Meanwhile the number of Meta Hives increased as the hives continued to shrink in size to a few thousand before disaster struck, the number of princes had dwindled and, as they were the only Vorglockie capable of mating with queens, the number of young rapidly deacresed, this, in coincidene with the new wave of Salmass technology, drove them back and even more hives were being lost to the relentless and more unified Salmass assult. One positive outcome was that the Ornalords began to take ovr the princes role in hive management, while they could not mate with queens, their power grew and the Vorglockie began to get better weapons and soon Vorglockie were goading beasts into battle and their crystals could be made as strong as steel, although they still couldn't mach the Salmass gunpowder weaponry, the warriors got bigger and the queen guard becamemore numerous and began to lay eggs, but not nearly as fast as the queens and princes could before. Vorglockie fourtunes changed however, when the Life ships became involved, they destroyed the Human colony and soon turned to fight the Salmass, the Ornalords saw this and realised the potentiol an dsoo Life Ship transports were taking Vorglockie to the battle fields, and the Vorglockie and Life Ships were soon in a formal alliance.

The Life Ships started to develope new breeds, fighters, transports larger immobile ships that could support others and many more, with these new strains the Life Ships finally enterd the war in 662, and their first act was to destroy the human colony, they hen began to systamatically attack Salmass, and forge better bonds with the Vorglockie, the capitol ships could do very little to support the ground forces as most of their shots disintegrated in orbit and those that did hit were only about as powerful as a human artillery round. Still mroe races continued to arrive and the Life Ships continued to destroy them, although no Vorglockie had been to space yet.

The planet was in chaos, the Life ships intervention had no doubt saved the Vorglockie but now almost no land was safe, Slask was still insitent on punishing the Vorglockie and the humans had turned out to be more friendly than usual, and inspection was coming next and so footage would have to be obtained, this was no problem though but a presentation was still required.

Spoiler: Galyiam Cargo (click to show/hide)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2012, 10:01:33 am »

Armok you better not complain anymore after I saved you:

New breeds:

-Ground pounders: Attack the ground from space.

-Combat Armor: Essentially what it says on the tin. Enhance strength and psionics for Armok. Comes with energy cannons.

-Bio Nano forges: Creates Biological psionic nanobots that can be controlled by you guessed it Armoks race. Also make plagues.

Actions of the Living fleet

-Spirit away a few princes and queens in addition to others into space on a habitat so that they may be preserved and breed for their inevitable return if everything goes to hell. Meanwhile look for the greatest concentration Kaian's race and attack them with pounders and fighters. Use the observers to relay enemy troop movements and positions to Armoks race and use transports and air support to aid them. Advise the commanders through the fleet to try to copy Kaian's tech.

If the turn last more than 100 years tack on the following:

Create the mind-f***er a telepathic super weapon that is amplified to break disruptors. Your races dreams will no longer be pleasant they will be nightmares. Your morale will drop like a stone.

Create the plague-maker that create all sorts of: viruses, bacteria, poison, parasites, and protozoans to destroy kaian. Did I mention that those viruses and so on are not psionic?

Finally boost disruption resistance.

Actions should be to cordinate raiding and pillaging parties to kill of kaian.

If Vorgloclockies refuse to co-operate then withdraw to avoid them but not before hinting to the Salmass that an alliance could be made and that maybe they could aid me. Warn the Vorglockies that their leader is jealous and wants to put his fame ahead their prosperity and before I leave to get as many willing volunteers off the planet and make them the marines of the living fleet. Maybe Launch occasional raids and gather data so that if more hives show up we can accomodate them and grow. Try to get them to advance their tech by stealing and salvaging from the Salmass in addition to creating their own. Meanwhile create the council A group of the hives he fled who will control the races domesticate and possibly diplomatic issues. Make sure to save withdraw and create the marines

If an ethics commitee attacks me say these things:

These were the consequences needed to produce the best protectors and that it was never explicitly stated otherwise, that I was protecting the Vorglockies.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:31:40 pm by SoHowAreYou »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:30 am »

.   .   .

Don't mind the shitty music.
Instead insert:
WHAT?!? ... ... HOW DARE HE!?! HOW DARE HE!?! *rage meter to the max*

*Insert total rage and glowing fire and ragespolsions*

Boost psionic disruption "power" Up To Eleven.

And Salmass' conception of Kin will increase unity the stronger the pressure is. Petty competition between tribes is nothing when LIVING STARSHIPS bomb the s**t out of your species.

Oh, and dreams, human artefacts and Live Ships will inspire the Salmass to make huge tech jumps. Adaptation and cleverness, as always.
They will try to reproduce Live Ships/Humans weapons, but with metal.

They will probably burrow to escape bombardments. Communications will improve to warn neighbours from incoming attacks. Anti-psy will be trained to disrupt Live Ships.

War against Vorglockie will be paused, as Salmass concentrate on living starships. Tribes near Vorglockie territory would fall back in order toward mountains and other easily defendable places against live ships.

Also, you should revisitate your part on the Vorglockies: Armok did said that Queens guard will be able to mate with queens.
Which make most of your "Vorglockie pop shrinking" irrelevant.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2012, 11:02:48 am »

I have song for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM :D I have no regrets. Besides I will be able to force you off the surface temporairly. How will you get food? Besides I will be transporting bio-armored warriors of Armok to destroy you. And send nano-plagues to troll you. Also who were you saying how dare he too? I mean what did you expect? The fleet is meant to co-exist with one of the species and it can't with yours so if you won bad things might happen to the fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29