Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46213 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:04 am »

Bad things WILL happen to the fleet, you can bet your hat or whatever on it.

Burrow is to escape bombardment. Otherwise I'll still live and get food from the surface. And I have gunpowder. DCA incoming shortly.

Bio-armor? nano-plagues? Didn't you said that that was psionics nano-bots or whatnot? I naturally generate an anti-psy fields. Chances are that I'll kill your nanobots simbly by being in the vicinity. And severely hinder the armors.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2012, 11:31:48 am »

They are controlled by psionics not operating on psionics. And the armors simply augment psionics they don't actively need them because they will still be stronger.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:18 am »

And if I disrupt the psionic control?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »

Grey goo/berserk mode. I just want to say if the turn goes on for more that 100 years than my original list will expand. Also I have just given Armok an opening he will use it. Also did you expect to finish of Armok this turn? Armok use your abilities and my ships to your advantage you will need it otherwise you and to lesser extent me are an inclined plain rapped around a rod. And Armoks queen gaurd did lay eggs, they just weren't very good at it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:16:37 pm by SoHowAreYou »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »

I NEVER intended to "finish armok off". I expected at least 6000 years of stalemate.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

Well you were doing a damn good job at breaking a stalemate I must say. Anyways I have to ask now that your plan is kind of screwed what were you going to do with the living ships?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

I am appealed, DISGUSTED, at how my colleagues are getting caught up in the petty squables of their races and essentialy playing what amounts to an extended strategy comuter game but with real, living, suffering people. I write an extremely concerned mail to a relevant ethics committee demanding them to be taken of the project and phsycologically evaluated, alluding to but not explicitly mention the possibility of their actions constituting crimes against sapient life in the full legal meaning.

I tell the Vorlocke the life ships are dangerous demons out to trick them, that any technology they are offered from outside rather than verifiably inventing themselves is cursed to destroy them, and that they must make a pilgrimage to [place far from the current conflict] or be forever forsaken by me.

I isolate the "reserve" where these chosen Vorlocke live, and continue to improve those, while abandoning the others just like I said.

Kaian is right about the breeding part. The queens guard was supposed to take the role of princes fertilizing the queen, not lay eggs themselves.

Those who have psionics, should also have an organ resembling a lided protected pocket on the back of their heads, and a sub area of their psionic centre specialized in extremely rapid and precise, but weak, sensing and manipulation of the contents of this area. The eventual use of this is, obviously, cybernetic implants/computer interfaces, but at their current tech level it can still be useful for things such as compasses, abacuses, or microfilm made according to a low-tech recipe I do share (which they'd without this organ not have the tech to write nearly as small or fast onto). Having it this early should give both their culture and brain time to adapt to it, with martial arts being designed to protect it, it being accepted as normal, useful traditions around it, etc.

Also, remember that my strategy is still to not change the whole race uniformly, but to grant individual "boons" to tournament-winners. Something that isn't an actual advantage, like lacking princes without replacement, would not spread to other hives.

Shrinking of individual hives continues while meta hives grow larger in spite of it.

I prepare for emergency large scale evacuation and suspension of the chosen hives, in case the war escalates further.

I experiment, on the sip only, taking care not to allow interaction with any "wild" hives, the possibility of adapting Vorlocke physiology to jovian worlds. Key in this adaptation would be several specialized domestic plant species, that can produce food, flotation bubbles, spider-silk like thread, and very head tolerant wood-like material, which together can be used to build large floating cities over extended periods of time even using very primitive methods, designed to be recaptured from the wild even in case of total technological collapse and together with things found naturally on most gas giants eventually bootstrap to space-faring levels.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »

Ah so this is where the life fleet essentially goes into f*ck you all mode. Well sh*t I was worried about grey goo before but now the living fleet can do whatever the hell it wants. Also Armok you are now well and truly screwed. Kaian may not be as much of a threat anymore but unlike him you truly have no defence against me so I would advise you too change your attitude: At best I may just withdraw and leave Salmass to kill you, what probably will happen is that the fleet murders you, and at worse an alliance with Salmass.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:21:44 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2012, 05:34:51 pm »

OH F**K facepalm, I forgot to write this part so I will ignore this from now but I ment to say that Queens guard are female and prince guard are male, shit sorry.

On a less self-depressing note remember that an inspection is coming and if they see a massive fleet of ships sttacking everything on the planet, well, lets just say that they wont be impressed

And honestly it was me and armok who were breaking the stalemate, armok for punishing his race andme for not understanding that this was ment to be put on single hives and me not posting what I ment fully.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:51:53 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »

Hey live and learn but are you going to post now or are you going to wait until the afternoon over there. Or do you have school? About the fleet lets just say survival of the fittest and that it was originally going to be a learning process with vorgarbles but that they turned hostile and the fleet defended it self. If push comes to shove my alien avatar warps the entire fleet somewhere else and begins plotting his revenge.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:54:07 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:31 pm »

I'm afraid I do have to go to school in about half n hour, which is NOT enough time to write up a post, so you'll have to wait for the afternoo, the good thing is thaton friday schools over for the term :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:56:37 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:31 pm »

Winter break I assume unless Australian schools aren't inversed having winter off which is what an idiot ie me (I really have a self-depravational sense of humor) thought. Shows how much I know and while I try not to embody the American idiot stereo-type (which is actually pretty close to true) even though I try to avoid it.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

It would make sense over here since it doesn't snow, its just that they understand that we need a break, school is on during the worst part of winter, which invloves alot of rain, but thats beside the point, yes it will be winter break
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:07:30 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »

Also I just want to mention that the Life fleet will withdraw most elements in the case of inspection leaving behind as little as possible to hide the true strength and capabilities of itself and will return at the earliest possible opportunity.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

No, the races cant kill me. I'm on the same ship as you and citizen of the same huge legal system as you. They can kill the Vorlocke, but I'll probably be able to rescue enough to continue elsewhere, and regardless I sue you for genocide or something.

@ninjad: withdrawing wont help, since everything that happens to the races is documented.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29