Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85684 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 6
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:47 am »

I'd rather not. The battery heating system is essentially based on short circuiting them. We don't want a chemical explosion near the flowers. Also, we don't want to have to accustomed to high temperatures, in case of a dramatic heating failure they would all die.

I agree. Leave them out in the cold. If we wanted to develop at a quick pace we would be on earth. Not Mars. Let them remain on the surface.
We were talking about installing battery heaters near the underground plants.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:40 am »

I think instead of trying to evolve a wide number of different things, we should focus on a standardized shape with plenty of manipulators. In many ways I feel we have been going about this fully the wrong way. Trying to play as if we were zerg or something. But we did not chose body, we chose mind. We should focus on a simple drone shape then spend our energy creating technology.

Heated suits. Drills. Mechanized farming equipment. Technology>Evolution.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2012, 11:39:08 am »

I'd rather not. The battery heating system is essentially based on short circuiting them. We don't want a chemical explosion near the flowers. Also, we don't want to have to accustomed to high temperatures, in case of a dramatic heating failure they would all die.
Then use the fusion reactor to heat a length of metal we must have lying about. Just position it (the length of metal) bellow the flowers, and dig holes in the floor of the flower chamber to allow the heat to move into the flow chamber via convection.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »

Why do we want above-ground flowers again? Underground growing space isn't exactly hard for us to come by.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2012, 12:26:10 pm »

[Update may or may not come before noon. Honestly not sure about my schedule.]

Aboveground flowers produce more, naturally. If We produce freeze-tolerant Flowers, We can breed it into the species. In other words, we won't have to divert labor into heating or digging out vast underground flower chamber. It also helps to terraform in the way WE want the planet.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2012, 12:27:20 pm »

Why do we want above-ground flowers again? Underground growing space isn't exactly hard for us to come by.
Because then they will become resistant to the cold and we can grow them on the surface, which is way easier since there is so much space up there. It will save us digging time, and we could put that time into other things.
Also this [ninja'ed]
[Update may or may not come before noon. Honestly not sure about my schedule.]

Aboveground flowers produce more, naturally. If We produce freeze-tolerant Flowers, We can breed it into the species. In other words, we won't have to divert labor into heating or digging out vast underground flower chamber. It also helps to terraform in the way WE want the planet.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »

All of these are wonderful ideas. The Mind does like to use technology for short and medium term fixes. Until We can be adapted, we can invent things to deal. We have the listed elements and the tools to create many things - plastics, alcohols, etc. A Heated Suit will not be too difficult for Us, given Your inclinations and the Lab.

It is not that We cannot adapt; You simply lack the innate understanding of it, and must proceed slowly to cause changes via the scientific method instead of simply "adapting" eggs. While the Body is faster and can work general changes, the Mind can be more precise.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2012, 12:53:06 pm »

I think instead of trying to evolve a wide number of different things, we should focus on a standardized shape with plenty of manipulators. In many ways I feel we have been going about this fully the wrong way. Trying to play as if we were zerg or something. But we did not chose body, we chose mind. We should focus on a simple drone shape then spend our energy creating technology.

"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2012, 01:34:22 pm »

+1 For Science!!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2012, 01:39:41 pm »

+1 For Science!!
All system go for SCIENCE!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:08 pm »

...Okay, how long would it take to get that recycling system built?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2012, 12:16:05 am »

in the long term something will be a limiting element, so a recycling system to reclaim that Something will always be of critical need to Us.

Time does not matter for critical items.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:54 am »

in the long term something will be a limiting element, so a recycling system to reclaim that Something will always be of critical need to Us.

Well unless something would kill us between the completion of the recycling system, then no time is of no concern. Yeah +1 to recycling system construction.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2012, 03:57:39 pm »

Well unless something would kill us between the completion of the recycling system, then no time is of no concern. Yeah +1 to recycling system construction.
Let's do it, +1 to recycling system

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

Let's do it, +1 to recycling system
+1, the Kai are naturalists who recycle!
In denial of sanity...

and insanity
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57