Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85648 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 6
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2012, 01:57:52 am »

-I think we should get inside, but if possible give part of the fertilizer to the above ground flowers first.

-Second: we should finish the tunnel to the ice, but also create a biological waste recycling plant. A place where we can throw all biological junk and such to be recycled. If we can manage to close our food cycle, we can keep using the nutri-o-matic for much longer. After all, the elements are not lost untill they are stored in the biomass of the hive or not properly recycled.

-Third: the miners should look out for any ore deposits. We might also want to create some sort of refinery instalation to get that to work.

-Fourth: What happened with the predator egg?

-Fifth: We should connect the battery to a length of copper wire. This will allow us to create electrical heating. We should take care not to overheat the cables/battery

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2012, 02:07:19 am »

You do not have Fertilizer on-hand. In fact, the Agricultural Earthworks are not connected to the Hive, nor are they improved. Obviously, You start digging. It will take time to route through the Defensive Earthworks and retain integrity, but at least You have heavily-reinforced access points through the Armor.

You note that a biological recycling plant, a heater, and an automated refinery would make wonderful additions to the Hive as You dig. It is slow work in the cold.

[I failed to copy/paste properly. >.<

Known information Kai breeding:

Queens develop 100 eggs every 14 days, which must be immediately fertilized or re-absorbed. The eggs develop and become more advanced the longer the Queen retains them and provides nutrients, and can be adapted by willpower and diet. There is an arbitrary time before an egg reaches a new state of development.

The current known and developed stages are:

Drone
Flying Drone
Soldier
Flying Soldier
Predator
Nurse?
? ]

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2012, 02:11:55 am »

Examine THEM and let them into our hive if they aren't a threat. Afterwards continue work on our farming industry! Also I think we should just recover the flowers from the surface and make an all underground farm, the surface is just hopeless.

>>:EXAMINE NEW SPECIES

>>:REPLANT FLOWERS UNDERGROUND

>>:CONTINUE DIGGING TOWARDS THE BIPED STRUCTURE
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2012, 02:16:59 am »

Examine THEM and let them into our hive if they aren't a threat. Afterwards continue work on our farming industry! Also I think we should just recover the flowers from the surface and make an all underground farm, the surface is just hopeless.

>>:EXAMINE NEW SPECIES

>>:REPLANT FLOWERS UNDERGROUND

>>:CONTINUE DIGGING TOWARDS THE BIPED STRUCTURE

Them are the flowers.

The flowers should stay outside. They won't survive being replanted, and were planted outside for a reason.

We might not want to dig towards the Biped structure. Humans like to place ridiculous amount of sensors everywhere. We will certainly trigger their seismographs. Digging things are very recognizable. Also, there isn't much usefull there.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2012, 02:20:09 am »

Oh, the flowers are "them"?

>>:Cancel digging towards biped structure and reroute tunnels to nearest magma source.

"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2012, 02:23:12 am »

Oh, the flowers are "them"?

>>:Cancel digging towards biped structure and reroute tunnels to nearest magma source.
Sadly, this is Mars, which has been geologically inactive for as long as we know. The nearest magma source is probably more than a few km down.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2012, 02:24:40 am »

This is why I hoped we were near olympus mons! Geothermal plants would basically solve all our problems.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2012, 02:32:34 am »

I agree with everyone :)

a) dont' dig near humans. They are a highly paranoid species ...
b) examine if plants are re-plantable; they might be more happy inside. (also, if everything is inside, we are _much_ harder to find
c) try to determine the nature of Them

d) perhaps examine the flying thing to determine more of the nature of their sensors, commuication and method of flying?

e) focus digging on ice, and the deeper tunnles. Defining Our current Height to be 1 Splaz, Is there any reason why we shouldn't treat -100 Sp. as the default depth for Our tunnels; atleast it should be nice and warm at the default depth.
Unless otherwise specified all tunnels should have a 5" downward slope.

As an extra note, when seeking minerals, deeper is better, as the near surface has probably been searched by the humans for simple deposits. (RE: reference to deposit 30 "kliks" away)

We should build a recycler. Then the only elements to escape will be via any gaseous  outlets.

Finally, no magma available; no magma flows of any types have ever been observed on Mars; the newest outlet is possibly 20 million years old; the newest in the area where we are are around 100 million, and many areas are over 800 million years old.

The average elevation is 2-3km, so we may have to dig more than 4km down to find anything more than warm rock.

Geothermal is possible, given we have a functional heating tube, but a 200' difference isn't going to generate that much power, although we could design a flower to take advantage of thermal differences ...
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2012, 02:43:12 am »

You have a workable fusion reactor, all of the parts for another, the ability to extract elements and create various chemicals, to invent machines, have schematics for batteries, a fully charged battery, and suspect that the Flower you rely on for fuel undergoes a stage involving biological cold fusion. Geothermal power is certainly useful, but You suspect We have Our energy needs well in hand with all the resources We have stored.

Come to think of it, you haven't made many devices yet. It had occurred to You earlier to redesign the Experimental Light Pulse Cannon... Dig, dig, dig. And the Biped technology is of interest. The Sensory Array can be modified to sense Biped communications, after all. Recycling for the fertilizer. Your Mind works as fast as your body.

The Flowers love water, (hydrogen, too), carbon, heat, and acidic soil. They appear to require very little nitrogen, but plenty of phosphorus and potassium. They can survive on more or less anything organic that is broken down and introduced into the soil which it lives in, and can be grown in water. Given enough time, they will adapt to their situation and breed for the traits, so planting them all underground right now WILL mean greater difficulty trying to breed cold-hardy outdoor Flowers.  You do detect a surprisingly large amount of lithium, boron, deuterium, and helium-3 in the plant, however... Your best guess based on the elements and structures in the plant is that it has a form of organic cold fusion.

Food is made from leaves and flower petals, and some stems and pollen. You suspect bacterial influence.

To the best of your knowledge, the Flowers will NOT survive replanting.

You contemplate the nature of Them - the Flowers of Life. Your experience left You wondering, but further pondering and communication attempts will have to come later after this data has been processed in Your mind. You briefly curse your assailants for destroying most of the Hivemind, and the pertinent data regarding the nature of the universe.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 02:47:57 am »

Modify the cannon / build one, tunnel infrastructure is important.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2012, 03:48:26 am »

Devices devices devices... Lets produce batteries and use them to construct heated drone-coverings for night-time activities.

P.S.
Larva tube ...
It is a lava tube, and contains no lava. The larva tube would be a megaproject...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:23 am »

Devices devices devices... Lets produce batteries and use them to construct heated drone-coverings for night-time activities.

PTW and +1
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2012, 10:18:25 am »

PTW and +1
This and install batteries around the underground flowers, so they will grow faster, due to the increased warmth.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2012, 10:55:05 am »

I'd rather not. The battery heating system is essentially based on short circuiting them. We don't want a chemical explosion near the flowers. Also, we don't want to have to accustomed to high temperatures, in case of a dramatic heating failure they would all die.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

I'd rather not. The battery heating system is essentially based on short circuiting them. We don't want a chemical explosion near the flowers. Also, we don't want to have to accustomed to high temperatures, in case of a dramatic heating failure they would all die.

I agree. Leave them out in the cold. If we wanted to develop at a quick pace we would be on earth. Not Mars. Let them remain on the surface.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57