Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My fort has.... Insomnia  (Read 5081 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: My fort has.... Insomnia
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:04 pm »

I'm really starting to hate that mod.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:27 pm »

The problem with NOT telling us you are using a mod is twofold: one, you waste our time. People on the forum try to help you, thinking of all the things in vanilla DF that could be causing your problem, but you aren't playing vanilla DF. Two, obviously you aren't going to get the right answer to your question. This had nothing to do with vampires or werewolves, yet you acted as though it did, because you got bad advice, because you failed to mention that you are playing a mod that make MASSIVE changes to the basic game.

It's always the guys playing Masterwork. Always. They have some weird problem, it's guaranteed to be because they do not understand the mod they are using. Should be the first thing we ask: "Are you using Masterwork? Have you read the manual? The README? Anything?"

Masterwork, a entirely different game basically.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

I'm really starting to hate that mod.
Nah, we just don't have a sticky of DF general help protocol. Or FAQs.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »

I don't hate the mod, it's a great mod. But it makes the game something else entirely. I don't think that gets stressed enough. The mod should come with a bigger warning label: "RTFM. No really. Do it NOW."

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

Why do people hate on the mod itself?

It's a solid mod.  It's just that people don't seem to understand that they need to post their problems in the thread for the mod and NOT in DF Mode Discussion.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 06:21:37 pm »

Hey sorry guys, normally I do post the mod, it slipped my mind.

Wow I knew masterwork was a Total conversion but I didnt know it was to THAT Extent, I have read the manual but must have missed the part about disease .......... I'm actually now disaponted it's not a werewolf infestation.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 06:26:24 pm »

1: A vampire fell in the water source and now everybody is infected.
2:No, there is not cure.
3:Now at all, except the sleeping dwarfs . Those will die soon if you don't do something.

Do you notice the error in this three statements?

Yes, you're right.

Dwarfes don't drink water.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:50 pm »

3:Now at all, except the sleeping dwarfs . Those will die soon if you don't do something.

Yes, you're right.

Injured dwarves do, as well as dwarves that can't access a barrel of booze, and that one freak I caught drinking out of the river for no reason I could discern.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »

Yes, you're right.

Injured dwarves do, as well as dwarves that can't access a barrel of booze, and that one freak I caught drinking out of the river for no reason I could discern.

Okay, but it's unlikely, that 90% of the dorfes are injured and bedridden and still alive.
And when the fortress don't have a barell o' booze anymore, something is going on terrible wrong.

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »

So back to the original theory... vampire/werecritter bodies can pollute a water source, infecting an entire fortress? If this is the case then the whole focus of my current fort is about to shift...

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:15 pm »

So back to the original theory... vampire/werecritter bodies can pollute a water source, infecting an entire fortress? If this is the case then the whole focus of my current fort is about to shift...

Pretty sure you need their blood, not just their corpses.  It'd be easier if you already have the reservoir for your well dug out but it's not filled yet, and you still have time to add an upright spears/spikes trap, or a very tall drop shaft.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 07:19:34 pm »

Spoiler: Werebeast syndrome (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vampire syndrome (click to show/hide)

Gawd, enough with it... the only way werecurses are transmitted is from bites, and vampirism can only spread through ingestion. That's it.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 08:44:05 pm »

Drinking from rivers is dangerous, that killed 90% of dwarves that attempted it in a previous fortress of mine.
Of course they naturally all decided to drink from the river at a point within 4 spaces of the >10z waterfall down to a carp infested river junction.
That was universally fatal. Sadly, carp never got there in time.

EDIT:
Sadder still, no dwarf has landed on a carp yet.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.
Pages: 1 [2]