Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How frequently do you change usernames?

I have one username which I have always used.
- 76 (40.6%)
I have a set of usernames which I have always used.
- 52 (27.8%)
I have changed my username(s) one time.
- 27 (14.4%)
I have changed my username(s) two times.
- 9 (4.8%)
I have changed my username(s) three times.
- 6 (3.2%)
I have changed my username(s) four times.
- 5 (2.7%)
I have changed my username(s) five or more times.
- 12 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Username Permanence  (Read 14362 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Username Permanence
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2012, 01:19:52 pm »

I tend to cycle between TheMotleyBrit and MorleyDev nowadays, but I've had at least four user names before those in my times on the interwebs. I change when I get bored of one :)

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »

this is my first internet name.. i it is so named because "Urist Mcsafety Is Doing The SAfety Dacne!"
name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

I picked Blizzlord as my username by pure chance. Even if I've wanted to change it many times the chance of me coming up with something better and original is very slim.

Still, I had a great time killing people in TF2 under the very unoriginal guise of Floccinaucinihilipilification.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »

I tend to cycle between TheMotleyBrit and MorleyDev nowadays, but I've had at least four user names before those in my times on the interwebs. I change when I get bored of one :)

I thought I recognised you! :P

I'm beginning to start using a name other than Reudh on new areas I register with... That new name is Kenozi, which I got from the If Bay Forum Was A Mountain Hall thread; one of my characters is called Kenoziathe-Zikelid. An elf who had his eyes torn out and replaced with stone; my other character who could shape stone and have it function as what it looks like made his eyes work.

Kenoziathe is DF- Elven for 'fierce rock', and Zikelid is the DF- Dwarven equivalent.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:04 pm »

I've pretty much stuck to one username for forum purposes - if you see a crazysheep somewhere else, chances are it's me. Although there are some places where I abandon the crazy sheepiness and use a Kyp-derived username instead (eg. fantasy football league)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2012, 08:31:15 pm »

Mine started as a joke in Halo. Then got raised to NobodyPro when a character limit wouldn't accept Nobody. I then extended it to NobodyPrototype because it doubles as the origin story of my avatar too.
My avatar...

...the avatar never changes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »

My username is basically a nickname my dad would call me when I was younger, basically with "BD" being my initials and "The Mag" standing for the magnificent. Kind of stupid, but I used that username in practically every online game and forum I have been for as long as I've been on the internet.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:08 pm »

Huh, I always thought themag stood for "the mage".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2012, 10:18:28 pm »

I thought it was 'the magazine'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »

I tend to use some variant of Xantalos, often with a ridiculous number of titles and stuff affixed to it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2012, 12:13:52 am »

Yeah, I got multiple interpretations of my username. My dad wasn't really that great at coming up with nicknames, but hey it stuck with me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:33 am »

Picked lemonade10 a decade ago (holy shit it has been a whole decade since I have started using the internet for real stuff), changed it to lemon10 when I lent the account to the friend and he forgot the password when I wanted it back like 6 months ago E: six months later, not 6 months ago. After that I used lemon10 and have pretty much stuck to it for the past decade.
Occasionally I also use greenmeanie when a longer name is required or I just feel like it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:21:46 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2012, 12:33:02 am »

I have three: one for games, one in forum of people whom I met in real time, an my own name which I use for serious businness

Mine was given to me almost twenty years ago, after one hell of a drinking session
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]