Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies  (Read 22098 times)

nilockin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »

Name: Nilockin (Who would have guessed that?)
I would kind of like to add to what Seabee mentioned earlier (page 2) on sending out explorers and what not. I was thinking along the lines of either these other settlements be either something you would trade with or a continuation of the game. This also leads me on to a possible form of adventure mode. Would it be possible for you to send out a designated gnome( or group of gnomes) to go out adventuring, wait a set amount of time and then control that gnome to go raid settlements for resources?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

Name: Kaitol

I would like to see GNOMISH INGENUITY. In the form of steampunk industry and inventions. Steam-powered mine carts, steam-powered furnaces, lots of brass and copper and wood. And tophats. Gotta have tophats for those suave gnomish gentlemen

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 01:32:07 pm »

If I am understanding this right, the name is for what name to be in the what now???

Name :: Nanoth or Neyvn

Idea :: To be honest, all the ideas I could come up with are either already in or suggested by others right now. But the one thing that I myself wouldn't mind seeing is... Well a more interesting Aboveground method, building above ground in DF limits you in a lot of way so maybe Gnomoria could have a unique way of handling it to make it a little more interesting...

As a side note, I am finding it funny as hell that the OP stats, NO ESCAPED LUNITICS, yet they are posting and even putting a bit of working into their post more then just the name...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:35:35 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Geralt_Bialy_Wilk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »

name: Geralt_Bialy_Wilk

i played the demo for a while and I like it. It's simplier than DF, but it has it's own style. And it's still alpha, so I belive that many things will be added in the future :) If I don't win the raffle I might support it from my own pocket if I got some spare money :)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2012, 01:37:55 pm »

I'm not entering, but I do want to thank hemmingjay for the generosity. Cheers, dude!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:25 pm »

As a side note, I am finding it funny as hell that the OP stats, NO ESCAPED LUNITICS, yet they are posting and even putting a bit of working into their post more then just the name...

To be fair, I did use very specific language concerning escaped lunatics. Not just "no", but I don't want to be more explicit than that. I am interested in seeing if they figure it out and comply. A few of them have been registered for a while too.

On another note, these suggestions are awesome and I agree with many, especially the popular suggestion of modding. I understand that can be a tough one though. Also, I need fishing to be in the game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2012, 01:47:08 pm »

Very interested in this project, it has a lot of potential so here goes:

Name: Intrinsic
Feature: Hotkeys for context menu items. As it stands it's pretty inefficient to be able to quickly get things placed.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »

I'll enter in this giveaway. Hope I win.

RoboB0b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 02:10:00 pm »

Gnomoria dev here.

Wow!  You guys are awesome.  So many good suggestions.  I don't think I can answer all of them but I will try to touch on some.

The Incredible Machine type stuff.  Right now the mechanism system in game is in it's infancy.  There are 3 types of mechanisms.  Link, Power Source and Device.  Devices do stuff, power sources are required to operate them and you connect it all up with links. 

Currently in the alpha are:

Links:
gearbox
axle
lever
pressure plate

Power source:
handcrank
windmill
steam engine (requires coal to power)

Devices:
hatch
mechanical wall (think floodgate)

The mechanical wall acts as a way to block movement, a 1 story elevator or a crushing contraption of death.  The goal is to continue to add more devices and attempt to have them interact in a generic way to allow more freedom.  Currently in alpha, there are also your standard "self powered" traps that are spring loaded and have to be reset after going off.  The hope is that there will be some buildings for specific purposes and also the system has enough options that more advanced contraptions must be built out of the parts available.

Content aka Stuff!
I was focused on getting the basic parts in and working together and content is minimal for a lot of things. Adding more types of food and cosmetic building options at this point are just a matter of how fast art can be made.  There will of course be some things that require programming and more work but not everything.  Building stuff is pretty much the only thing I do in games like Minecraft and Terarria.  So I definitely want to add more visual options for things.  That's the only reason why there are multiple types of stone.  Colors!

Streamlining actions and controls
This is another important thing to me.  My big focus right now is fixing bugs now that alpha is released.  High up on the list after that is making performing actions more streamlined.  Aka hot keys.  I had a system in place where the right click menu was accessible with numbers but it felt clunky.  I'm gonna continue working on it and release something that speeds up playing the game for those already familiar with the context menu.

Oh, also Gnomes!  Maybe it's because I read too much Dragonlance in junior high but I picture these guys more steampunky and nowhere close to garden gnomes.  They wear goggles, leather aprons and like to take things apart and forget how to put them back to together.  They try putting valves on things that don't need them.  They're really nervous and talk too fast.  I don't have plans to implement travel by catapult but I would like to add individual life quests for each gnome that gives a permanent boost to happiness upon completing.

Keep up the great suggestions.  This thread is awesome!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2012, 02:21:14 pm »

Dragonlance gnomes was all I needed to hear. Seriously awesome!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »

To be fair, I did use very specific language concerning escaped lunatics. Not just "no", but I don't want to be more explicit than that. I am interested in seeing if they figure it out and comply. A few of them have been registered for a while too.

There's also the thing where new members may not mean what "escaped lunatics" mean yet and think it's just a joke.
Love, scriver~

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

Gnomoria dev here.

Wow!  You guys are awesome.  So many good suggestions.  I don't think I can answer all of them but I will try to touch on some.

The Incredible Machine type stuff.  Right now the mechanism system in game is in it's infancy.  There are 3 types of mechanisms.  Link, Power Source and Device.  Devices do stuff, power sources are required to operate them and you connect it all up with links. 

Currently in the alpha are:

Links:
gearbox
axle
lever
pressure plate

Power source:
handcrank
windmill
steam engine (requires coal to power)

Devices:
hatch
mechanical wall (think floodgate)

The mechanical wall acts as a way to block movement, a 1 story elevator or a crushing contraption of death.  The goal is to continue to add more devices and attempt to have them interact in a generic way to allow more freedom.  Currently in alpha, there are also your standard "self powered" traps that are spring loaded and have to be reset after going off.  The hope is that there will be some buildings for specific purposes and also the system has enough options that more advanced contraptions must be built out of the parts available.

Content aka Stuff!
I was focused on getting the basic parts in and working together and content is minimal for a lot of things. Adding more types of food and cosmetic building options at this point are just a matter of how fast art can be made.  There will of course be some things that require programming and more work but not everything.  Building stuff is pretty much the only thing I do in games like Minecraft and Terarria.  So I definitely want to add more visual options for things.  That's the only reason why there are multiple types of stone.  Colors!

Streamlining actions and controls
This is another important thing to me.  My big focus right now is fixing bugs now that alpha is released.  High up on the list after that is making performing actions more streamlined.  Aka hot keys.  I had a system in place where the right click menu was accessible with numbers but it felt clunky.  I'm gonna continue working on it and release something that speeds up playing the game for those already familiar with the context menu.

Oh, also Gnomes!  Maybe it's because I read too much Dragonlance in junior high but I picture these guys more steampunky and nowhere close to garden gnomes.  They wear goggles, leather aprons and like to take things apart and forget how to put them back to together.  They try putting valves on things that don't need them.  They're really nervous and talk too fast.  I don't have plans to implement travel by catapult but I would like to add individual life quests for each gnome that gives a permanent boost to happiness upon completing.

Keep up the great suggestions.  This thread is awesome!
You may want to make a thread for your game. It'll be easier on hemmingjay so he doesn't have to sort through the posts.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2012, 02:44:36 pm »

snop
You may want to make a thread for your game. It'll be easier on hemmingjay so he doesn't have to sort through the posts.
There is one already.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2012, 02:47:35 pm »

I'm in!
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »

My name is Knight of Fools.

I hope they add something beyond the typical fantasy technology level - Something like guns, or magic that has myriad applications (Magic in place of gears, weapons, used in cooking, etc). Basically, anything to give it a bit more of a gnomish feel, and less stereotypical fantasy.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11