Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies  (Read 22099 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Gnomoria 10 copies
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:10 am »

Name: Aoi

Various thoughts:
1. I really, REALLY hope the music in the video isn't what we actually get to listen to...
2. I don't really think of gnomes as the cavern/castle dwellers like, well-- the dwarfs of Dwarf Fortress. I hope that more gets implemented that's a bit more stereotypically gnome-y. I always thought of them as being more, well-- hobbit-like.
3. From what I've seen, it has a much more cheerful look to it than DF. It might make for a nice change to actually be NICE for once, as opposed to systematically murdering everybody from neighboring kingoms, slaughtering kittens and throwing babies into rooms with spikes.
4. A more informative interface. From the video, it seems that most of the room is just devoted to watching them run around. How about getting some management data up there?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:23:27 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:07 am »

Kaje :)

I would love to see a few random encounters popped in, events that occur randomly over the course of your game. Just something to really make your individual game special and create those "In my game..." chats where players compare the events specific to their adventures!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:14 am »

Please add me to the giveaway list :).

I really hope the creators add a good modding support so I could make big mods for it, like I do for DF. Gnomoria Wasteland? Gnomoria Genesis? Yes please! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 06:08:07 am »

Name: ansontan2000
I want the creators to make the military more important in their development priorities so that they make it more exciting and fleshed-out.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 06:35:50 am »

Count me in.

I want architecture, architecture, and more architecture. The main advantage this game has over DF right now is being isometric, so it needs to milk it for what it's worth.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:25 am »

Name: alexandertnt

Modability. You can never have enough of it. Integrated script language would be awesome (eg Lua).

Also, mechanics. Mechanical (steam, combustion etc). Electrical (powerlines, lighting etc. I want to have to light my dwelling with elaborate electrical systems). The more the merrier. Im not much for period-appropriate stuff, so electronics would be awesome (though I doubt electronics would be going in, which is understandable.).

Also not being limited to a single chunk of map, eg  gigantic fortresses, raiding NPC places, super long tunnels etc.

Also... Multiplayer. Mostly for co-operation (eg building same fortress, building side-by-side).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 06:59:01 am »

Name:Xeron
Put me in.
Also i hope the dev adds the possibility of making a creature out of magic.And then have it work for you.Until it gets pissed off and murders everything
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:16:34 am by Xeron »

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:28 am »

Keyboard shortcuts is probably the thing I'd want the most from this, if I could be in this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:01 am »

Name: MadeOfStardust

What I probably would want to see is rare events wherein large creatures attack your settlement, kind of like semimegabeasts/megabeasts in DF. This creatures will probably occupy multiple tiles instead of only one tile to simulate their size. Also, some of them may have digging/destruction capabilities, though they can only destroy soft/weak constructions and terrain (sand, logs, etc.).

Another one would probably be caravans, adventuring parties, pilgrims, etc. visiting your settlement in their journey. They could probably be your only source of information about important events, gossip, and information about the outside world, since your gnomes are stuck in their village. Oh, and they can spread stories about the fort to the outside world so that the world would know how your gnomes are living. They would probably live/stay in the tavern of your settlement for a few days, then leave.
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

Petrell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Petrell's Domain
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 08:15:48 am »

Petrell

AI villages/dungeon settlements as opponents for you to compete with and defeat (probably needs even larger maps).

Others that came to mind:
Moddability - Increases longevity of the game and allows modding in/out features you like/dislike.
Keyboard shortcuts
Fix the way you select area to mine underground (the thing Christonian had problems with). ;-p Towns does it right.
Multi-story buildings

Oh and Towns should seriously copy the way Gnomoria handles hills/mountains in that they're minable for resources and can be flattened to make space for settlement.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:14 am »

Name: pilgrimboy
I would like to see interactions with outside civilizations.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:25:19 am by pilgrimboy »
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

doomer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:48 am »

Name: doomer
ill try my luck ^^

Vanel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:07 am »

I'de love to enter.
Name: Vanel

Ide like to see a nice mining system and ability to build complex traps and stuff.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:40 am »

Name : aenri

I would like to see almost impossible challenges for late game - like HFS in DF.

peonard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 09:34:37 am »

Peonard and I hope they add a large variation in food.

I've played the demo but since my bank is horrible they've decided that I can't use it online until the end of the summer...
Hope you do a long let's play of the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11