Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111560 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »

So, I finally got the the zombie pit finished, was getting ready to start transporting corpses, had a five dwarf military stationed at the entrance, since no one will build the damn wall there, the entire military decided to go to sleep at the same time, a few zombies came in and killed half the population, I then thought I had a virus, turned off my computer, spent three hours runnign scans and looking through folders, and then realized I didn't save at all.  So we are back to my previus update. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:28 am »

So, I finally got the the zombie pit finished, was getting ready to start transporting corpses, had a five dwarf military stationed at the entrance, since no one will build the damn wall there, the entire military decided to go to sleep at the same time, a few zombies came in and killed half the population, I then thought I had a virus, turned off my computer, spent three hours runnign scans and looking through folders, and then realized I didn't save at all.  So we are back to my previus update. 

On the bright side, no virus for the rest of the players, right?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 11, 2012, 08:20:56 am »

Well, it's really hard to get a virus from DF save.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 13, 2012, 11:28:44 am »

Hey, you still playing the game?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »

Yeah, who's turn is it?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 13, 2012, 02:36:58 pm »

Sorry, got caught up in school.  Should have an update today or tommorow, and have it finished during the weekend. 

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 17, 2012, 06:04:49 am »

So what's the status right now?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 17, 2012, 04:12:06 pm »

Theres a storm going on rivht now, so Im using my phone, since the internet wont work if it is the slightest bit cloudy, but is currdntly winter right now.  Ill attempt to get the hpdate written at some point tommorow, and have it finished in another day or two.  I had to write an essay for English over the weekend, along with having to do large amounts of yardwork, so I was only able to play for an hour or so.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:46 pm »

Theres a storm going on rivht now, so Im using my phone, since the internet wont work if it is the slightest bit cloudy, but is currdntly winter right now.  Ill attempt to get the hpdate written at some point tommorow, and have it finished in another day or two.  I had to write an essay for English over the weekend, along with having to do large amounts of yardwork, so I was only able to play for an hour or so.

I hear that. Chores can be hard, but need to be done.

Take your time, but keep us updated so we don't wonder.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 20, 2012, 04:08:18 pm »

Alright, WILL get a update posted by tonight, at least up until fall. I'm already past Summer, and had that written up during Algebra.   I already know I won't be able to do any Dwarf Fortress over the weekend, due to working security tommorow during homecoming, which I know'll we'll lose,  doing a fundraiser on Saturday morning, and then having practice for CyberPatriot, on top of getting Fallout 3 GOTY edition. 

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:54 pm »

CyberPatriot?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

High school competition.  Basically you are given virtual images that contain operation systems infested with a wide range of problems, such as weak passwords, trapdoors, trojans, keyloggers, and other stuff, and you get points by clearing out viruses and strengthing the image's security.   The practices last almost a whole day.
Going to get another month done, and will then update. 

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2012, 09:31:05 pm »

24 Hemanite, Year 12-
I have finally completed my plans, and as such have moved back out of seclusion.  It appears that the remains of multiple creatures keep reaminating inside our fortress walls.  Our militia is able to keep them down, but they are fighting with nothing but shields and fist.  One is an expert with a sword, and the other is a novice.  But alas, the one who calls himself GreatWyrmSteel will not budge from the forge.
5th Malachite, Year 12-
GreatWyrmSteel has finally broke.  It appears that he needed some kind of material for his creation, but would not venture out of his forge to look for it.  But now we can finally craft some swords for out militia.
20th Malachite, Year 12-
I was in one of the towers, when I spotted a group of migrants, six total.  They made a rush towards the old caravan entrance.  Half ran, while the other half would hold off the horde of undead.  I saw one fall, struck down by the hooves of a yak.  Another was ripped apart by giant thrips.  Once the area is clear, I let them in. 
21 Malachite, Year 12-
While I was caught up in the plight of the migrants, several citizens managed to escape the fort, hoping to make a break for new lands.  (Several of them somehow managed to get outside, even thou none of them went through the same entrance as the migrants.  No idea how).  They were ripped apart.
28 Malachite, Year 12-
Our miners have struck a new cavern.  This one is full of promise, if we are able to take it.  It is full of tetrahedrite, which we can use to forge armor and weapons, even if it is weak.  But this is a project for some other.
5th Galena, Year 12-
One of the planters claim that he has been possessed by the gods, and has taken over an abandoned craftdwarve's shop. 
18th Galena, Year 12-
I was on the fortifications again, when I spotted movement in the distance.  Goblin scouting parties have engaged the undead.  I know not how long they shall last.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 21, 2012, 07:20:16 am »

Can't wait to see GWG play this one,  especially if the dwarf is still alive and insane when he gets it!

Hey, what's the status of "the masked dwarf?"

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:22 pm »

Havent seen any other named dwarfs do anything sognificNt, so chances are that he has been content lately.  Will confirm once I reach a computer tonoght
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49