Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49

Author Topic: StNPO - 2 - A new challenger approaches!  (Read 111727 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO - 2 - Actually pretty alive!
« Reply #570 on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:17 pm »

Have a fundraiser tommorow morning, again for NJROTC.  So major update either Saturday night or Sunday morning. 
We have seven new migrants.  I have them currently cooped up in the tunnel at the top of the mountain, and will let them in the moment they build a wall to seal themselves off from the outside. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 07, 2012, 11:58:00 pm »

we really need an air-lock for migrants...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2012, 10:50:12 am »

we really need an air-lock for migrants...

An airlock and "trial area" that can hold 20, self contained, as a form of preliminary holding. If they survive for two seasons, they get let in to the fort proper. Until then, they act as an external military guard :p
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »

Why not let them in once the next migrant wave arrives? Less headaches.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

I'd personally go for the option of letting them in whenever you feel like, can't get much simpler than that.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »

An even better idea, but I was aiming for compromise.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 08, 2012, 11:14:26 pm »

I was just adding an excuse to draft migrants into the military (like we need it, but sometimes justification can be fun).

By the way, is the entirety of the fortress retaken from the zombies?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:08 am »

15 Granite, Year 12-
I have started this journal in case I don't make it.  I should probally start from the beggining.  Me, and the rest of my group, arrived at this fort expecting walls made from gold, temples carved out of marbel, and vast gardens of granite.  Instead, we are holed up in a roughly carved tunnel, holding back a horde of corpses, as one of our own frantically hacks away at the wall, attempting to breach the other side.   We are running low on booze and food, and morale is down. 

18 Granite, Year 12-
We are finally through.  I know not if our situation has actually improved, however.  Inside, all I saw are walls stained with blood, courtyards piled with bodies, and supplies piled into whatever corner that can be found.  At this sight, I know what must be done.  I order for a guard to be put at this entrance until it can be closed up, and immidiatly start giving out orders. 

25 Granite, Year 12-
Several amobinations have attempted to enter.  Each has been cut down by dwarven steel.

1 Slate, Year 12-
We are in need of weapons.  All our guards have are shields and crossbows.  I order for the forges to be bought online, only to be told that the only metal we are capable of producing is nickel. (Anyone have any suggestions for nickel?  I've never had to use it for weapons before)

12 Slate, Year 12-
I have been strucken with inspiration from Armok himself.  Not only do I now know what to do with the abominations that even now attempt to bring us down, but we will, at the same time, build him a glorius shrine, one that will run red with the blood of prisoners, and those who dare to oppose us.  I order contruction on the previus temple to a halt, and begin contruction on this new one. 

15 Slate, Year 12-
We have secured the walls, but while doing so we have found yet another body.

25 Slate, Year 12-
The blacksmith, who calls himself "GreatWyrmSteel", has taken over the forge.  I have sent dwarves out to gather what he wants. 

28 Slate, Year 12-
Rigoth Avuztil, against order, entered one of the forbidden areas.  He paid with his life.  A dog leapt at him, tearing out his throat. 

16 Felsite, Year 12-
The guards report an Elven Caravan outside, waiting for the drawbridge to be lowered.  They can burn in the dephs of the fun stuff for all I care.  The gate stays closed. 

1 Hemanite, Year 12-
The arrival of Summer is brought by the deaths of one of those elven swine outside the gates.  A glorius sign indeed. 

That's what you get for a report written at 2 in the morning while sick.  Also, how do you post pictures?  I'm too tired to try to figure it out right now. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:05:20 am by Lightningfalcon »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 09, 2012, 05:47:28 am »

That's what you get for a report written at 2 in the morning while sick.  Also, how do you post pictures?  I'm too tired to try to figure it out right now.
Post the image to an image archive website like Photobucket, then copy the link to the picture to your post within a [/img] caption.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 09, 2012, 06:39:08 am »

STEEL FOR THE GREAT WYRM SPIRITS!
I MUST AVENGE THEM!
Sig

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:27 am »

Post the image to an image archive website like Photobucket, then copy the link to the picture to your post within a [/img] caption.
But don't use Photobucket they remove images.
I use imagebox but there are other good ones.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 09, 2012, 09:35:39 am »

But don't use Photobucket they remove images.
I use imagebox but there are other good ones.
But of course puush is the best hands down. Also I really don't get why nobody's even tried digging the iron ore I uncovered about 50 Z's below the surface
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:09:57 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 09, 2012, 10:52:13 am »

They're afraid it will try to kill them like everything else.
Sig

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »

Posting pictures sound like too much trouble.  At least with my highly unstable internet.
Update either later tonight or tommorow afternoon.  Depends on if I finally collapse from exhaustion or not, and if my parents let me stay home tommorow.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 09, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »

They're afraid it will try to kill them like everything else.

Sounds about right.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49