Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: RTD: Human Factory  (Read 7606 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Human Factory
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

Angelo quickly hid his privates with his hands, and looked around at the others, backing away, he quickly looked for clothes. after this, he'd ask what the hell was going on.

Look for clothes

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 10:29:17 am »

Run up to a Clone, punch it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 11:19:16 am »

Turn 1

A good first turn I would say. Everybody is still perfectly alright. Unfortunately due to mediocre rolls to find clothes you may be stuck wearing rags for the foreseeable future. Unlucky guys  :P

Investigate Fluid
[2] You spend considerable time attempting to decipher the nature of the fluid, but you learn almost nothing. It still just seems like wierd gloop to you. You do realise however that even with considerable experience and scientific examining skills, you probably wouldn't be able to learn much about the fluid without any equipment anyway.

Try to find a piece of glass that could be used as an improvised weapon.
[1] All of the new and sudden changes make you near blind with panic. You rifle through the pieces of broken glass desperately searching for some way to protect yourself. Bad idea. [5] However you are extremely fortunate and receive only a piddly scratch which actually serves to snap you back to reality. You feel much more calm.

Examine the area around, looking for clothing.
[3] You examine the area around - but you are so focused on finding clothes you fail to notice anything about where you are. On the upside you find a pile a of rags that could maybe be turned into clothing with some strategic tearing of the material. They aren't too dirty after all.

Observe the area for any weapon-y things.
[3] You spy a small piece of glass that - while hardly a weapon as such - is sharp enough to cut through skin with enough pressure. Could be useful for slitting your own wrists :P

Look for clothes
[3] You notice the same pile of rags that was spotted by Theodore.

Run up to a Clone, punch it.
[2] Somewhat predictably (considering the clones are encased in glass) you completely fail to hurt the clones. Your fist slams into the glass and has no effect other than to give you a bruised hand. The clone you tried to punch appears to be taunting you as it slides by slowly on the conveyor belt. You silently curse it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:24:07 am by Diarrhea Ferret »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:36 am »

Survey the area for a way out.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:40:44 am by Sinpwn »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:22 am »

I think I shall help (Sinpwn)'s character.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

I would just like to point out (being the helpful Gm that I am) that you don't actually know you are in a room yet. Nobody has used the action look around yet (or similar). Once someone has looked around, I can update the first post with a location spoiler. As it is at the moment you don't really know your location. However it is, of course,up to you whether you follow my advice or not :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:41:36 am by Diarrhea Ferret »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11:41:20 am »

Thedore sighs. Together with strange people inside...somewhere and naked.

Look around (if a rolls is not needed) and use part of rags, crafting them into crude clothing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

Run up the stairs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

Get some clothes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

Angelo grunted in anger and looked around for some actual clothes. There had to be some form of them around here.

Get some actual clothes, not terrible rags.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:04 pm »

Turn 2

Some lovely blind luck in a few places this turn I would say. Hope it continues ;)

Survey the area for a way out.
[1] You turn your head to look around but are distracted somehow by how beautiful the sunlight reflecting off of the shards of glass is. Preeeeeety, you think.

I think I shall help (Sinpwn)'s character.
[6] You slap Ken Sinclair right across the face and scream at him (spit flying everywhere) "Snap out of it you useless piece of crap! I SAID SNAP OUT OF IT!". Ken takes three more hits to the face before he finally drags his gaze away the pretty glass and looks around the room. This is what he sees:
You are all standing in a narrow corridor. Most of the corridor is taken up by the conveyor belt carrying copies of yourselves. Both ways down the corridor are poorly illuminated, so you don't know what is at the end of them. Upon closer inspection you realise that the glass and fluid probably came from the containers carrying copies of yourselves. It does seem to match. But are you really just any of a huge number of yourselves rolling off of what seems to be a production line?

Use part of rags, crafting them into crude clothing.
[6-1 (skilled work)] Right, you think. A pile of seemingly useless crap, no equipment and a lot of time to kill. Lets get to work. It takes you a long time, and the work is painstaking, but a series of extremely strategic tears and a lot of crazy innovation later and you have a full set of clothing. In fact, it makes you look quite dashing, and most importantly covers up your naughty bits! Hooray! Specifically you crafted: 1 pair of fine rag slippers, 1 pair of fine rag trousers, 1 fine rag shirt, and a fine rag hat;. You have gained the skill clothesmaking No more -1 to making lovely clothes. Who da man?

Run up the stairs.
[6] This is a corridor. There are no stairs. You think to yourself: screw that! I'll just do the next best thing! Gathering all of your powers of awsomeness, you run right up the wall, until finally you are standing on the ceiling. For one glorious instant you feel like the King of the World as the others watch you in awe. Unfortunately what goes up must come down. As you fall, you do a lovely pirouette and land perfectly almost like a dancer. You essentially achieved nothing, but you still feel well pleased with yourself. Nice work!

Get some clothes.
[3] Unfortunately the rags appear to be all there is in this location. Fortunately Theodore appears to have learned how make nice looking clothes out of the rags. You wonder if he might be so kind as to make you some...?

Get some actual clothes, not terrible rags.
[6] Watching Theodore with his fancy new clothesmaking skills make you angry. Showoff! You stomp around sulkily muttering something about crappy dice...You sulk for a pretty hefty amount of time to be honest. Most people would probably have just let it go by now, but you actually work yourself up into a rage. Finally you turn to confront the offendor, that sneaky bastard Elizas! You draw in a deep breath and shout "It's not fair!" You accompany this statement by stomping your foot extra hard - and smashing straight through to the room below you. [5] After coughing and spluttering to get rid of the dust, you open your eyes and find that something very soft has broken your fall. Clothes! Lots and lots of clothes of various kinds. You appear to have smashed straight through to a clothes storage room! What are the chances of that?! (1 out of six...)

Ok, I really need to go to sleep, I will update the statuses tomorrow...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:08:39 pm by Diarrhea Ferret »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »

((Um, Elisaz is the kung-fu ballerina, not the clothsmaker.))

Run down the corridor.

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 05:37:02 pm »

Thanks, changed it. Ok, now I need sleep...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »

Make some clothes, hopefully with Theodores help.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 06:35:11 pm »

Thanks, changed it. Ok, now I need sleep...
((Still didn't.))

Theodore felt much better now that he was fully clothed, although he did seem to be a bit flustered for forgetting to make some underwear. And then one of the people near him got closer to him and stomped his foot until it broke the floor and sent him down to the lower floor. He looked downwards and saw the man amidst clothing. Theodore shrugged.

Help anyone who seems to want to craft clothing out of rags. If no one is found, then craft some clothing anyway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5