Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: RTD: Human Factory  (Read 7617 times)

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD: Human Factory
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »

You open your eyes for the first time. You remember nothing. But then maybe that is because there are no memories to remember. You are wet. Around you on the floor is broken glass and a strange fluid.   In front of you seems to be some kind of conveyor belt. On the conveyor belt are glass containers, inside are humans suspended in some kind of liquid. You recognise one of the humans immediately. It's you. How is that possible? Then you realise that 1 of every six humans going past you on the conveyor belt is you. The word clone immediately springs to mind. Then you notice that around you on the floor are five other humans. They also have identical clone counterparts moving past on the conveyor belt. You appear to have some memories at least, because you find you can walk and talk, and you know what things are called and do even though you don't remember having seen them before... This is too much. What the hell is going on?

Ok great, so that's the start to this RTD. I'm looking for six volunteers to step into my world of madness  :D

Standard RTD rules:
1=Epic fail
2=Fail
3=Minor success (depending on the difficulty of the action this may be a fail.)
4=Success (world bending actions will still fail here however)
5=Awsome Success (world bending actions will succeed here but game bending actions won't e.g mcstupid posts "my action is to win the game". This obviously will fail.)
6=Overshot (you probably achieved what you wanted but not quite in the manner you expected)

In terms of skills you start with none. You are literally a blank sheet to begin with. To gain a skill all you have to do is post an action involving that skill and roll a five. This way you won't get -1 to rolls for using that skill. To improve the skill you have to roll a 5, five times while using that skill. This will grant a +1 to the roll.

Items: you all start butt naked. That's right. Back to nature baby  :P

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This RTD is meant to be totally open ended. I have some stuff worked out in my head that I want to happen to you, and sometimes I will drive you towards these things. However you are free to do what you want as a group.

A recommended starting goal:
Finding out where you are, who you are.

Rules:
Post actions in bold please. It's just easier for me that way.
Have fun!

EDIT: Damn, I knew there would be something I forgot to write down...
There is no wait list! When/if characters die, they die, no sudden appearance of random others into the game. However, if someone just forgets to post an action for their character lots of times in a row (we will decide how many later) then if someone wants to they could "take over that character".

Current Statuses

Locations:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:34:51 pm by Diarrhea Ferret »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Human Factory
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:02:56 pm »

Name: Angelo Wilkerson
Appearance: Long blond hair, pale, tall, doesn't seem to take care of himself.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »

Nombre: Sabana L'Jean
Género: La mujer
Aspecto: Tall and skinny, with shoulder-length brown hair. She has an air of condescending, and also has a generous body.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:48:02 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

Nombre: Basura L'Jean
Aspecto: Tall and skinny, with shoulder-length brown hair. She has an air of condescending, and also has a generous body.
((La mujer means "the woman". And basura means "trash".))

Name: Theodore Morris
Appearance: Tall and lean, very, very long brown hair with some lighter and darker colored strands and mostly weaved into a single braid while his eyes are green. He seems perceptive and agile. His hair is long enough to be used to cover his intimate bits, which is exactly what he is doing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:16:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »

Name: Elizas Roxine
Apperance: Dark-brown skin, clean shaven head. Black Goate. Tall, slighlt muscular.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:46:52 pm »

Name: Elizas Roxine
Apperance: Dark-brown skin, clean shaven head. Black Goate. Tall, slighlt muscular.
I'm very sad to say I'm not surprised. I kinda expected it. Well, at least it is Elizas and not Elisaz.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:48:29 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

Name: Ken Sinclair
Appearance: Short and stout, most of his mass consisting of muscle. His skin appears tanned, but he also seems unusually, almost sickly pale. He has very short jet black hair and very light blue eyes. His face seems to be cast into a permanent scowl.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:04:47 am »

Name:Daniel Damoun
Appearence: Above average height, lanky, long black hair and soulpatch. Rather weak looking. Olive Skin.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:56:38 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 01:22:14 am »

Great!  :D  We have our wonderful six protaganists. Everyone who posted is in the game.

Now all you have to do is post your first actions. Remember, I want all actions posted in bold.

As long as everyone posts on time, I should hopefully be able to post a turn a day. If for some reason I can't post a turn for a day or more I will try to notify you in advance.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 01:23:51 am »

Investigate Fluid
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:53:54 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 02:29:31 am »

Try to find a piece of glass that could be used as an improvised weapon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 06:28:04 am »

Theodore looked around with a flustered look, doing his best to hide his lower body while using his hair as a impromptu curtain to shield his privates.

Examine the area around, looking for clothing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:29:10 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:44 am »

Edited first post to include everyone's current statuses. If you ever want to know about your character or other peoples characters, refer here. It will be updated after every turn.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 09:39:50 am »

Observe the area for any weapon-y things.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:24:33 am »

((Why do I think my character's action in the only that does not border the "paranoid" type of action?))
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5