Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47650 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Roll to Progress :: Armory, What Armory?
« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »

Mina wonders where the cat disappeared to that time when she thought she took it.

She goes find Talendir, since he probably already has gotten access to the armory somehow. He's like that. Harsh, looting, unfriendly, resourceful, not Evil, and strangely two-sided. Hrm.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 14, 2012, 06:59:53 pm »

goes find Talendir, He's like that. Harsh, looting, unfriendly, resourceful, not Evil, and strangely attractive. Hrm.
Fixed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

This is like a session of scooby doo except with an entire room instead of a monster and a group of incompetent people instead of a group of possibly drugged teenagers. Even the Benny hill music is finding it hard to take it seriously.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:17 pm »

goes find Talendir, He's like that. Harsh, looting, unfriendly, resourceful, not Evil, and strangely attractive. Hrm.
Fixed.
:3

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »

(So glad this is still going ^^. Even gladder (is that a word?) that I had a good roll for that.)

Lei perked up, immeasurably. ''Thankyou so much!'' She bowed slightly, a habit of her lands. You truly are kind.'' Her questions and little quest managed to block out the happenings of the day, atleast temporarily.

Lei searched for the hidden basement (yeah, telling me to look for the hidden basement...). On arrival, she looked at some of the scrolls whilst keeping an eye out on the Kin. Anything else of interest she noted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 16, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »

Guess what I already had running through my head, derm.  :P Required listening for this turn.
____
Derm reaches out towards the glowing disc, expecting to feel his hand closing on it.

[1]

He feels as if he is being sucked into an incredibly narrow tube, fragmented moments of clear thought echoing with little more than agony and a strange Otherness. After an indeterminable length of time, Derm wakes. He feels quite cold. Opening his eyes, he gazes up an overcast sky, the slight spot of light behind the grey haze the only indication that it is in fact day. Glancing around, he finds that he is lying on the side of a snowy hill, sparsely covered with evergreens, their boughs heavy with ice and more snow. Mountains rise up in the distance.
____

Talendir, slightly frustrated by this point, continues to search for an armory.

[3]

He still cannot find anything remotely resembling an armory. Whoever constructed this tower certainly had an obsession with security, perhaps too much so. That, or it wasn't originally a military structure and none of the subsequent owners had bothered converting a room.
____

Aero covers more of the tower, trying to find the same elusive room.

[3]

He has no more luck than Talendir, and begins to wonder if some trickster deity is laughing at him.
____

Mina decides to go in search of Talendir. B-but it's not like she likes him or anything, the stupid idiot!

[3]

She can't find him, though she does notice Aero running from room to room like a chicken with its head cut off. The stray cat follows her, eyes sparkling with amusement.

((Cats aren't stupid. It buggered out as soon as it saw that daemon.  :P))
____

Lei thanks the man, heading off in search for the hidden basement.

[4]

She finds it without too much difficulty. From the appearance of the room the open trapdoor was in, it looks as if someone else has already gone down into it. Upon descending into the basement, she notes a single set of fresh footprints in the dust on the floor. They lead down the length of the room, stopping in front of a strange, glowing disc, which casts off the light illuminating the basement. Lei browses through the scrolls and tomes, searching for anything related to the Kin, as well as anything else which happens to catch her eye.

[2]

She doesn't have much luck glancing through the racks and shelves.
____

Sinterous stands around, slightly puzzled.

Hedric has gone practically catatonic outside the tower. One of the redcoated soldiers pokes him with a stick.

I think the dice hate you. Only one darned positive roll this turn. D:
____

Spoiler: Character Status (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo
« Reply #516 on: September 16, 2012, 03:20:12 pm »

Jump skyward, check area from on high.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 16, 2012, 03:21:12 pm »

...Talendir starts to consider the possibility of all the weapons actually have been in a pile somewhere and all of them happened to be taken by the Greenhaven defenders.

Armory, search for it once more.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 16, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »

(wow, my luck's been slowly turning for me. My fervent prayers to the dice gods have been answered!)

Lei kept looking, assured that the cloaked man would not lie to her. If she failed again, she'd put on her Pince-Nez incase they might spot a kind of spell that would hide what's in plain sight.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

Aero halted his frenzied sprint through the keep upon sighting Mina. He paused for a moment to think, before continuing his walk towards her. Going over his appearance as he walked, he walked up next to her, whereupon he tapped her to get her attention.

"Ey. Just realized dat even though we're on da same team and all dat jazz, we barely even know eachotha. Know what I mean?"

He said the last line with a wink and a sultry glance.

Flirt! Ignore her paladin status! Then, loot! Magic swords, not magic swords, anything that looks valuable.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 16, 2012, 05:10:11 pm »

(oh lord, I'd say love triangle, but I just fear for Aero right now XD)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 16, 2012, 05:23:53 pm »

((There may be more bird jokes in the future. :3 ))

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #522 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:21 am »

"Yes," Mina sai. "Hi. I'm Mina. Nice to meet you."

She tries to pick up the kitty, then follows the headless chicken man.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

Derm tries to push off into the air.

[1]

Apparently whatever happened to him stripped away the effects he had placed on himself. He jumps a few times, getting a little snow inside his shoes.
____

Talendir begins to question the existence of an armory as he continues to search for one.

[2]

He has searched through virtually the entire tower, unless there are hidden areas of some sort.
____

Lei
browses through the small library.

[3]

She doesn't find anything more specific than a few historical accounts with no explicit mention of any sort of bloodline traits. Frustrated, she balances the pince-nez on her nose as she skims through an old leather-bound tome.

[5]

In the wide margins, tiny, spidery text appears. It looks as if it has been handwritten in over the course of years, and fills every page. Casual examination alone reveals several specific references to the Kin, and to something called "The Waking Eye". It will require further study to determine more information.

Gain: Tome of Secret History
____

Aero tries to flirt with Mina.

[2]

"Are you Fallen, because you look like an angel."

Almost as if he realizes that using bad pickup lines on a paladin is a rather poor idea, Aero turns away and searches for something to loot.

[3]

He finds more snakes. For a moment, he considers hiding in a drift of them.
____

Mina tries to pick up the still-nameless cat as Aero hits on her.

[1]

It looks at her almost as if laughing, then bounds away in pursuit of Aero. Mina follows, watching it pounce on him.
____

Mina's stray cat jumps onto Aero, biting his wing.

[6] v. [1]

It catches him completely by surprise and hangs off of his right wing, looking rather smug.

-4 HP
____

((Spinal_Taper, you just took [what amounts to] a critical hit sneak attack from a sentient housecat. Which is imprinted on a party member, has a reason to not like you, thinks hurting you is funny, and knows that you look and taste like a giant bird. :V

Also, one of the two successful rolls this turn was made by a small pet. -_-'))
____

Spoiler: Character Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 17, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »

Use icy feather and enchant my robe to protect against the elements. Try to spot something worth trudging towards.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36