Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 13- Sharp Fangs  (Read 24515 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 9- ...And Pour Me Out
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2012, 01:59:14 am »

TURN 10

Caellath
((@GM: Doesn't Alavis grant me +1 attack?))

Ademos sighs and sits down whilst still holding his new axe, the werewolf form having drained him of much of his energy. It was time to rest and stop flailing while exhausted.
"We should take some of that steel, it will come in handy if we manage to find any forges inside this place."

Rest for a while.
You flop down on the ground, missing your handsome, toned werewolf body. Instead all you have is this squishy pink one. Luckily you have that shiny silver steel axe to protect you.

Tiruin
((We fail, except for that hobbit. Lalande always is the lucky one.  :P))

Alana swore as the tip pierced the surface of her boot and poked through her socks. It was bad enough aiming with the bad lighting of this place, ignoring that of the ambient torches and platforms.

She looked at Lalande with admiration, and a tinge of envy, for she had done most of the distraction for them to be able to swiftly end this fight. The other members did more than possible and she acknowledged the werewolf's request.

Maybe combat wasn't what she was cut out for. Perhaps...a more anatomical path. She turned towards Scourge, careful not to look at any dignified places and offered her aid.

Begin healing of bleeding and any other broken bones on IronyOwl's character.

If declined, heal self.

Both ways: If possible, try to scavenge something from the golem that is easily carried.

You try to help out Scourge, but realise all she has is some very minor bleeding which will clear itself up. You head up to the golem and [5] Manage to pry off a fair sized steel plate. [9]Your bleeding clears up.

IronyOwl
"Well, that could have ended more dramatically," Scourge noted, proceeding with the looting as intended.

Salvage golem for materials or parts.
You walk up to the golem and begin prying at the plates [4] You get a decent grip of a piece, but can’t manage to pry it off. [6] Your bleeding stops as well.

Sinpwn
Enthusiastically loot the golem.
You grab the head of the golem and [9] Pry it off perfectly, tearing the metal shell off the mechanics creating a perfect helmet!

Dwarmin
"Yeh, what are ya bleeding fer, Elf? We ain't got time to bleed." Lalande commented idly to Alana, chuckling.

"Tell me when you lot are ready to move on. I'm on break."

Lalande tucked her blades back into her belt loops, leaned up against a wall, and brought her long stemmed smoking pipe from her belt pouch. Lalande filled the pipe with Greenleaf 1056 (Wonderful year), lit it with a match, and proceeded to send perfect rings of blue smoke to the sky.

In true Hobbit fashion, her thoughts were not on victory over the Golem, or the treasures they might find, or the increasing dangers they would face soon.

She was just enjoying a really nice smoke.

Action: Lean against a brick wall and smoke, waiting for the others to finish looting.
You take your annual victory cigarette and let the others finish their childish looting. You’re too cool for that.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 10-The Victory Cig
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2012, 10:16:14 am »

"Onwards!"

Head deeper into the labyrinth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2012, 11:06:43 am »

"Lead the way, my fine friend. Let's head on, Lalande." Alana said as she hauled the plate.

Follow yon dwarf.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »

Ademos gets up after some resting and stretches his body lazily before rummaging through his bag. Now that he had an axe, he would need proper clothing, and after a while searching for something, he finally finds a leather strap which he uses to keep the axe across his back.
"I think I'm well-rested enough."

Look for anything valuable before leaving then follow the rest of the group.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

Lalande puffed one more smoke cloud at Alana-in true Halfling defiance-and packed it back into her belt.

"Aye, righto."

She slug her bag back over shoulder and began moving on with the rest. As usual, she was content to speak with the Elf. They sometimes shared stories.

"Nice workout, huh, Alana? Bet we'll face bigger Golems down yonder. Dwarves said to make Golems of all sorts of stuff. Gold, Bronze, Stone, Crystal...

Even heard of a Cheese Golem once, back home. Said it was summoned from a eatery with a Druidic curse or somesuch-should always be careful insulting strangers, that what I say. Fellow dropped a magic stick on the front stoop, next morning, yon Golem blew out the front window and stomped itself down main street. Right interesting sight. Eight or twenty feet tall, heavy as an overburdened wagon or three, bright yellow and green, full of holes. Ya believe that?

Old man said it took a hundred hungry Halflings to bring it down with forks, knives and crackers. Quite a sharp taste, he said, and no better than a tussle and a nice meal afterwards all agreed. Wanted to summon a Beer Golem afterwards, but we never got that magic stick to work right again.

Ya ever heard of a Cheese Golem, Alana? Yer mindy Elves ever make somethin' useful like that?"

There was no way to tell if Lalande was bring truthful or not. Her face maintained a mask of calm, halflingish innocence...though she did have the trace a smile on her lips.

Action: Follow Yon Elf, Spin Crazy Stories
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:48:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2012, 12:33:26 pm »

Also, listen intently and with oblivious joy to the wondrous stories of the halfling!

((I can't come up with a witty enough reply, sadly.  :P A cheese golem takes the win.

Especially, if my guess is right, that we are in an actual DF Fortress. Engravings of cheese, ahoy!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »

Scourge just scowled at the lootless golem. At least some of them had gotten nice things off it.

Onward, looting once more if possible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:13 am »

TURN 11

"Onwards!"

Head deeper into the labyrinth.
You head forward into the dark hallway that laid behind the Golem!

"Lead the way, my fine friend. Let's head on, Lalande." Alana said as she hauled the plate.

Follow yon dwarf.
Also, listen intently and with oblivious joy to the wondrous stories of the halfling!

((I can't come up with a witty enough reply, sadly.  :P A cheese golem takes the win.

Especially, if my guess is right, that we are in an actual DF Fortress. Engravings of cheese, ahoy!))
You follow cheerily behind your dwarvern companion while listening to the mad halfling's stories. You can't help but notice strange engravings of cheese along the walls.

Ademos gets up after some resting and stretches his body lazily before rummaging through his bag. Now that he had an axe, he would need proper clothing, and after a while searching for something, he finally finds a leather strap which he uses to keep the axe across his back.
"I think I'm well-rested enough."

Look for anything valuable before leaving then follow the rest of the group.
You take a last look around [1] And find nothing. You quickly catch up to the group.

Lalande puffed one more smoke cloud at Alana-in true Halfling defiance-and packed it back into her belt.

"Aye, righto."

She slug her bag back over shoulder and began moving on with the rest. As usual, she was content to speak with the Elf. They sometimes shared stories.

"Nice workout, huh, Alana? Bet we'll face bigger Golems down yonder. Dwarves said to make Golems of all sorts of stuff. Gold, Bronze, Stone, Crystal...

Even heard of a Cheese Golem once, back home. Said it was summoned from a eatery with a Druidic curse or somesuch-should always be careful insulting strangers, that what I say. Fellow dropped a magic stick on the front stoop, next morning, yon Golem blew out the front window and stomped itself down main street. Right interesting sight. Eight or twenty feet tall, heavy as an overburdened wagon or three, bright yellow and green, full of holes. Ya believe that?

Old man said it took a hundred hungry Halflings to bring it down with forks, knives and crackers. Quite a sharp taste, he said, and no better than a tussle and a nice meal afterwards all agreed. Wanted to summon a Beer Golem afterwards, but we never got that magic stick to work right again.

Ya ever heard of a Cheese Golem, Alana? Yer mindy Elves ever make somethin' useful like that?"

There was no way to tell if Lalande was bring truthful or not. Her face maintained a mask of calm, halflingish innocence...though she did have the trace a smile on her lips.

Action: Follow Yon Elf, Spin Crazy Stories
You follow your elven companion while telling wild stories of your youth!

Scourge just scowled at the lootless golem. At least some of them had gotten nice things off it.

Onward, looting once more if possible.
You take one last look around [5] And find a small, sharp piece of metal! You don't know what it could be used for, but it looks useful anyway. You then scamper off to join your companions.

You all enter a large hall. Upon looking around, you take a guess and feel this was once an ancient dining hall. The Hall splits in three directions; North, South(The way you entered) and east. There is a slight glow coming from the east

((GM NoticeSorry about the lack of updates guys. Just ahd the first of my two exams, so updates should be a smidge more regular now))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 11-To Unknown Lands
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2012, 05:42:16 am »

Alana looked towards the East, the light source was bright and welcoming from where she stood, but perhaps that may be just because of her enhanced vision.

She had no doubt the rest could see with the same intensity - short of that human - but this place needed to be explored.

"Who wants to split up and search this wonderous place?"

Search for enemies up ahead, starting with the eastern passage.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:55:13 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2012, 07:46:45 am »

((No problem about updates.))

Ademos furrowed his brow. Now they had north and east... The human scratched his head a little.
"I don't think splitting up would be very good. Alana, what do you see?"

Take a look inside both paths, use night vision.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2012, 08:08:33 am »

"Let's not be too hasty. Glowy lights make great bait."

Investigate the hallway with the light for traps.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:18 am »

Lalande nose twitched, as she tried to sniff out some treasure...in truth, though Halflings were said to be able to smell gold, it was more than half of common sense and natural intuition, which the small folk had in spades.

She hurried after the Elf after a moment, who had already shot ahead to explore the east passage-no way Lalande was getting outpaced!

Lalande became the Elves shadow-difficult to spot, but ready to spring into action should any ne'er-do-wells or critters show their mugs.

Action: Use Goldsniffer ability! Which way do I smell the most treasure?

Also, follow Alana, watching her back.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2012, 05:38:29 pm »

"Yes, 'splitting up' sounds like... well, like cutting a meal into smaller pieces."

Follow group towards light. Examine hallway itself for anything interesting or unusual.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2012, 12:58:46 am »

TURN 12

Tiruin
Alana looked towards the East, the light source was bright and welcoming from where she stood, but perhaps that may be just because of her enhanced vision.

She had no doubt the rest could see with the same intensity - short of that human - but this place needed to be explored.

"Who wants to split up and search this wonderous place?"

Search for enemies up ahead, starting with the eastern passage.
You dash on ahead and look down the eastern passage. [1]As soon as you poke your head around the corner, Something leaps at you! You hear growling from behind it as well! [5] You manage to toss it off you and scramble back, taking a look at what pounced on you. You have encountered three beak wolves! (Dwarfs ended up breeding Beak Dogs into a more ferocious form)

Caellath
((No problem about updates.))

Ademos furrowed his brow. Now they had north and east... The human scratched his head a little.
"I don't think splitting up would be very good. Alana, what do you see?"

Take a look inside both paths, use night vision.
You look north with your night vision. The passage is long, but it seems safe enough.  You glance east only to see Alana be attacked!

Sinpwn
"Let's not be too hasty. Glowy lights make great bait."

Investigate the hallway with the light for traps.
You follow at a distance behind Alana, being wary of traps and other dwarven contraptions. You are far enough back that when Alana crashes to the ground, you are untouched!

Dwarmin
Lalande nose twitched, as she tried to sniff out some treasure...in truth, though Halflings were said to be able to smell gold, it was more than half of common sense and natural intuition, which the small folk had in spades.

She hurried after the Elf after a moment, who had already shot ahead to explore the east passage-no way Lalande was getting outpaced!

Lalande became the Elves shadow-difficult to spot, but ready to spring into action should any ne'er-do-wells or critters show their mugs.

Action: Use Goldsniffer ability! Which way do I smell the most treasure?

Also, follow Alana, watching her back.

You use your halfling senses to search for treasure! You are almost overwhelmed at the treasure in the entire place, but manage to focus and notice that the east has a little bit more treasure than the north. You start walking up behind Alana, planning to pat her back and scare her, when she crashes to the ground with a snarling Beast Wolf on top of her!

IronyOwl
"Yes, 'splitting up' sounds like... well, like cutting a meal into smaller pieces."

Follow group towards light. Examine hallway itself for anything interesting or unusual.
You stick behind the bigger group, being weary. You jump a little when Alana crashes to the floor!

Beast Wolves
They snarl at the group, unafraid of anything. They carefully watch your movements, not wanting to be caught off guard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 12- Growl and Snarl
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2012, 01:15:29 am »

Alana exhaled sharply as she surveyed the scene. Perhaps she was lucky due to her advanced senses, or maybe it was just a coincidence that she didn't get hurt.

She drew her spear to keep them at bay. "Beak Wolves!"

Execute sideward sweep with the butt of the spear and then go *poke* *poke* *jab*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11