Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407114 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2025 on: February 01, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »

It's by some fellows named Evil Hat Productions. Try buying it there.
Well how did you come by it? You said you were thinking about running a game weren't you?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 02, 2015, 02:18:43 am »

Speaking of running games...

I've decided to try something ambitious!  Specifically a game where the players decide the course through child like logic, majority rules of course. The basic premise is that all the players are some form of child playing pretend (I toss out the general mission, most likely with the influence of the players arguing IC) and using their imagination and bits and bobs they find to complete them. Anytime an action is taken involving a player doing something another player can raise a complaint about why they can't do that. If the rest of the players agree then the one who raised the complaint can choose what happens. Bad sports (people who try to do the 'I'm invincible/otherwise unbeatable' thing or use knowledge their character shouldn't have) are put in time out which, unlike death, lasts the entire playdate. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Anyways, I think it would be interesting to have a game where behaving like a child is mandatory and where every encounter is literally decided by the players.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 02, 2015, 02:22:07 am »

This will only lead to good things. I can feel it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 02, 2015, 03:44:39 am »

I am intrigued.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 02, 2015, 01:18:21 pm »

It's by some fellows named Evil Hat Productions. Try buying it there.
Well how did you come by it? You said you were thinking about running a game weren't you?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to know how I found about it, I found it on TV Tropes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 02, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

I think he means the rulebook.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 02, 2015, 01:22:41 pm »

Well, you can buy the rulebook at EvilHat. Unless you mean piracy, of course. In which case, I'm pretty sure Toady frowns on that sort of discussion.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2032 on: February 02, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »

Unless you mean piracy, of course. In which case, I'm pretty sure Toady frowns on that sort of discussion.

Well, you can buy the rulebook at EvilHat.
*facepalm* No, of course that's not what I mean. >_>

I'm asking where you got your rulebook, because I can't find any place to buy or download a core rulebook on EvilHat's website. Unless you don't actually have it yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 02, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »

That is very irritating...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

Well then, I am currently in the process of slowly putting together a kind of "Choose your own adventure" game. You know, like the books with the branching plot-lines, with the players on here able to choose which action leads to page xy.

Oh boy... I am quite certain that I never did that much prep-work for a game before. Not that it is - all - that much, but at least it is a good deal better than any of my games before. If anything, I am at least getting more confident at pixeling x3

I am also quite certain that this will be the most story-driven game that I have previously attempted. Oh boy. ;3

Either way, here you go, for those interested.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:12 pm »

Just going to write down several game ideas that have been kicking around in my head:

A bunch of people stuck on a spaceship with each other, trying to get along as they search for any signs of other people in the rest of the universe. Inspired by Red Dwarf. Not doing this now because I have enough games to run and one of them is already "A bunch of people on a ship"

A bunch of people who survived some apocalyptic event because they were in a submarine at the time, now the explore the Earth in their submarine trying to figure out what happened.

Creations (characters from drawings/writings/whatever other art) trying to save their creators from some kind of threat involving the mixing of the real and imaginary worlds.

A dungeon crawling RPG where the party is inside a tank, each member operating one of the various tasks inside the vehicle in addition to using their class abilities.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:58 pm »

That third one sounds really cool.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 238