Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Game is culled, keep an eye out for an improved version in the future.  (Read 34703 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Fight Club: Welcome to Project Mayhem.
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:27 pm »

Taking some more cash with her, Sandra heads back to the commercial district. Her first call is to a home good store, where a range of cooks knives and cleavers catches her eye. Looking around to see if she is being watched, she slips 2 knives and a cleaver into her hoodie (5+0IN). Calmly walking out of the store, the shop staff are unaware of the theft. Sandra has gained the skill Light Fingers: +1 to shoplifitng rolls.

That done, she heads to a nearby pawn shop. Checking out the goods on display (6), she decides to purchase one brass coloured knuckle duster and a small hand axe. $50 spent. Whilst paying for these at the till, she asks the store manager about the range of pistols behind the security glass. "Sorry Miss, not gonna hand one of those over without you producing a carry permit, and you know how tough it is to get one of them here"... leaning closer, Sandra asks if he has any firearms he "needs to get rid of in a hurry" (1+0IN). He replies "I dont know what you are talking about young lady..."

Frank resolves to paint some art to deposit in the gallery. However, whilst there are bombs at Paper Street he could use, he is at a loss as to what he can use to produce some art work.

Character and Project Mayhem Stats Updated
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:25:35 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »

Spoiler: Lee Ross (click to show/hide)

Lee walked in to the bar one evening, shoulders slumped as usual from the long work day. Grabbing a beer at the counter he slouched in a rickety chair at one of the tables. A man sat down across from him, but he paid them no mind. A voice cut through the haze of his brain, "Ever wanted to just beat the crap out of everyone?"...
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »

This is a blank sig.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:44 pm »

I'm assuming I'll just be attending the next fight night with no home-work in the meantime?

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2012, 08:31:53 pm »

Yeah we can make bombs, but we're gonna need something bigger for a whole museum, Richard will study up on his bomb making some more.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2012, 08:52:09 pm »

See a old, classical paintings, and look at them. Then, try and learn from them.
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2012, 09:00:04 pm »

Chuckie challenges the new kid(Matthew) to a fight.

I'll accept this challenge.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »

At Project Mayhem HQ, Sandra begins scribbling down notes about everyone in the mission to help coordinate everything.

Mission: Mona Lisa

Richard: Great Endurance. Bad Agility. Pain resistant. Can make explosives.

Sandra: Jack-of-all Trades. Fast. Strong. Good explosives maker. Can get good supplies.

Mason: Strong. Good at fighting. Learns fast.

Frank: Strong. Fighter. Fighter.

"All right guys, here's what I have on everyone. My first suggestion: Get Frank on Weapons duty, in case he has to deal with some guards."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:33 am »

I'm assuming I'll just be attending the next fight night with no home-work in the meantime?

Yep. Home Work has to be earned by participating in a good fight.

Yeah we can make bombs, but we're gonna need something bigger for a whole museum, Richard will study up on his bomb making some more.

Accompanied by Frank, Richard heads back to the library (which is deserted), and carris on his research from where he left off last time - skipping the first dozen or so pages of search retruns to avoid the basic blocking system (1+0IN). However, befoe he has settled down, the lonley librarian comes over to talk to him, and Richard is unable to do any meaningful research due to her presence.

See a old, classical paintings, and look at them. Then, try and learn from them.
Whilst Richard is making small talk with the librarian, Frank heads to the art section, and opens a number of hefty tome about rennaisance artists, and begins to take notes and make quick sketches (3 - 1(not a fight) -1(deafened) +1IN). Frank finds he is not a natural artists, but now has some idea about the methods used by a number of great artists. This, and his practice with paint at the airport means that Frank has gained the skill: Really Bad at Art: When preapring a painting etc, a d6 roll determines if it is any good - a 6 would make it "satisfactory", anything else means it is pretty bad.

Chuckie challenges the new kid(Matthew) to a fight.

I'll accept this challenge.

Tyler approves.

At Project Mayhem HQ, Sandra begins scribbling down notes about everyone in the mission to help coordinate everything.

Mission: Mona Lisa

Richard: Great Endurance. Bad Agility. Pain resistant. Can make explosives.

Sandra: Jack-of-all Trades. Fast. Strong. Good explosives maker. Can get good supplies.

Mason: Strong. Good at fighting. Learns fast.

Frank: Strong. Fighter. Fighter.

"All right guys, here's what I have on everyone. My first suggestion: Get Frank on Weapons duty, in case he has to deal with some guards."

Tyler is impressed by the young ladys leadership and initiative.

Frank Estaloo updated accordingly.

Week 4 Fight Club line ups to be announced later today. So far no-one has expresseda desire to be elsewhere, so all names go into the hat this week, apart from the 2 who have arranged thier own bout.
This is a blank sig.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:32 am »

Frank agrees with Sandras plan for him.

He grabs a couple of weapons and waits for his part.
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...

Roll To Dodge.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Fight Club: Week 4 fight line up.
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »

Week 4

Fight Club had only been going a month, but already many of the members looked like veterans when compared to the fresh new combatants. It was the same grizzled veterans that led the chanting of the rules. Tyler broke the silence that followed - "So, who is ready for a near life experience?"

All but one of tonights fights have been decided by a roll of a d8, seeing as our membership has now grown...

Fight 1:

Vs.

You in the suit - yea, you, new guy. Your up first against Sandra. Consider this an initiation, ok?

Fight 2:

Spoiler: Dan Ackland (click to show/hide)
Vs.
Spoiler: Mason Perez (click to show/hide)

I am sure you two dont need any kind of introduction, do you?

Fight 3:

Spoiler: Lewis Shebowski (click to show/hide)
Vs.
Spoiler: Richard Leroy (click to show/hide)

Psycho boy up against our very own punching bag. This I gotta see...

Fight 4:

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
Vs.
Spoiler: Frank Estaloo (click to show/hide)

Try not to get blood everywhere this week ok kid?

Fight 5:

Spoiler: Chuckie Norris (click to show/hide)
Vs.
Spoiler: Mathew Pink (click to show/hide)

Here you go Mister Kung-Fu. You go missing for a week, and show up demanding to fight this poor kid - I am far too nice to you!

Fighter instructions as soon as possible please people, and if you could include your characters name in your instruction post it would save me loads of time. Results up once all instructions are in and rolls carried out.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:17:28 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

Lee Ross
Analyze opponent for weakness when she attacks. Then try for head shots on her left side.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Fight Club: Week 4 line up posted.
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2012, 04:44:16 pm »

Mason fakes out his opponent, then drops him with an axe kick. If his opponent attacks first, he dodges and kicks.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

Punch him out cold.
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...

Roll To Dodge.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »

Dan Ackland.

Goes straight for an aggressive tackle. Aim to get him on the ground. When/if standing in strike mode, keep close to avoid getting kicked.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17