Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121474 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11505 on: November 26, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »

IMO the only pistols that are a little too strong are the Commissioner and to a lesser extent the Underboss. VS don't have an outstanding empire specific pistol. I'm not used to VS weapons but I've heard people say their best pistol is very close to a magshot.  I haven't tried the new Spiker but if it's like a charge rod from the old Legends of Might and Magic shooter it could be good once people figure it out but it's 1000 certs and has a terrible reputation so I imagine even if it's feasible it would take a while to catch on.

I have the magshot, magscatter, and the rebel. Out of them all I would say the rebel is my favorite performance wise, it's fairly long ranged for a pistol. The magshot feels nice after shooting the rebel for a long time but you will miss the heavy damage per shot. The magscatter is too much fun though and I've switched to that in all my loadouts except my special effects medic who carries a smoke launcher and fireworks gun. The magscatter is terrible past a few meters but it's good at quick reaction shots. It has no headshot modifier so there is no benefit to staying in someone's sights to line up a headshot. I often use a battle rifle engineer and there is a mid range where both the mag scatter and the Warden are sub-par, especially if I'm using a 4x or even worse a 6x on the Warden. I switch out of reflex to the magscatter when I see someone at close range, sometimes erroring by doing it too far away. If I see them through a door or something I plink them with a few pellets and then nope around a corner as fast as I can to draw them closer. I've also gotten a few esf kills (due to them crashing) with it because the spread helps you hit aircraft with at least one pellet at surprising range.

TR have pretty good pistols. The repeater has too much recoil for my taste but I recognize that it's pretty good up close. I also like most of their other pistols, at least in the VR.

EDITS: Clarifying grammar
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:07:47 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: November 26, 2014, 06:51:14 pm »

Commissioner, and it was on Connery.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: November 26, 2014, 06:52:14 pm »

I've only ever used the underboss. Obviously have the magshot, but have only used it a handful of times. The underboss (and obviously commissioner) feel really nice to use, but the completely useless sights make it a hipfire only weapon, and I'm not great at hipfire with singleshot, low mag weapons. Sometimes I can throw an entire clip downrange (downrange being like 10m away, sadly...) and only hit once or twice.

Might try out magshot some more, but I'm very bad at switching weapons mid-combat, so I rarely use my sidearms unless I'm an infil or out of ammo.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: November 26, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »

Commissioner, and it was on Connery.
Isn't that an NS weapon though? Everyone can be an ass with those.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:44 pm »

I do agree that I'm getting a bit tired of people using the Commish, it's going to be even worse when they release the optics for them and they become more effective at range.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

I use the beamer (Vanu weapon) to complement my shotgun loadouts. Works really well since the beamer can rapid fire at long range.

I've played all three factions on Emerald, and I've personally found that Vanu tends to be a bit more mature about things. But idk. Can you really generalize 1000s of people?  :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: November 26, 2014, 10:33:10 pm »

The Rebel has a very satisfying boom to it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: November 26, 2014, 10:38:51 pm »

Xbow. :3
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:05 pm »

The Rebel has a very satisfying boom to it.

A lot of weapons sadly don't. :(

I thought the T9 Carv sounded pretty nice, until i slapped a suppressor on it. I know it's due to the suppressor, but it feels like a required upgrade.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: November 26, 2014, 10:44:41 pm »

Put a suppressor on the rebel, and enemies won't even know what hit them. It sounds so weak but it's so powerful.

Suppressors on NC LMG's sounds pretty damn awesome, in a sci-fi kind of way. For a long while I played heavy with suppressors just because it felt cool. Plus, as soon as I slapped one on I fought 5 guys running at me who didn't even notice I was standing there even while riddling them with bullets.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: November 26, 2014, 11:19:15 pm »

Stalker auto scout rifle for NC is a Vas-sounding weapon when you adds suppressor, which is really good when you're fighting VS.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: November 27, 2014, 12:30:09 pm »

Well, played around with the settings, switching HUD off allowed me to play at around 25 FPS, where I'm starting to get bottlenecked by my GPU. But making the game unplayable to make it more playable doesn't seem to be the right way. I suppose my laptop just isn't powerful enough to play this.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: November 27, 2014, 01:36:00 pm »

And the weirdest thing is that they apparently were able to make it playable for much more people a while back, but then somehow screwed that up again. What the hell right?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 826