Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122103 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11025 on: August 05, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

So, how do I actually unlock new guns now? Is it tied to the new achievement system? Because I can't seem to see any guns I haven't unlocked in the equipment menu any more.
That happens sometimes on slow connections.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: August 05, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »

Im liking the new patch, the quick respawns and lack of mouse smoothing really help things out, while the resource changes makes things a bit more simple. There's a lot less downtime, although I do agree that maybe it's a bit too far - playing a medic sucks when everyone just respawns a few seconds after dying.

On the other hand, nanites recover way too fast. You can pull nonstop anythings as long as you're not driving them into deathtraps every couple minutes. Took 10 minutes looking over loadouts? Nanites are almost full again. 20 minutes browsing? Overflowing! Why play infantry if you can pull nonstop MAXs and MBTs? Why bother with Lightnings when you can pull nonstop Vanguards and Prowlers?

Another issue I'm having is that I cant restock some of my stuff. My Anti-Tank Mines are at 0/0, will not auto resupply even with the box checked, and it appears there is no way to manually resupply them. Funfunfun.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:13 pm »

Why play infantry if you can pull nonstop MAXs?
Well, if your MAX weapons are mismatched because everything even close to MAX-related is super-expensive 1k certs per object...

Another issue I'm having is that I cant restock some of my stuff. My Anti-Tank Mines are at 0/0, will not auto resupply even with the box checked, and it appears there is no way to manually resupply them. Funfunfun.
Try hitting resupply at a terminal thingie with the box checked.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: August 05, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

They need to make a button to go directly to your loadouts similar to the map, platoon, and notification buttons.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: August 06, 2014, 04:29:09 am »

Try hitting resupply at a terminal thingie with the box checked.

The buttons, they do nothing!

Seems like I'm just locked out of it until a hotfix =/

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:17 am »

Unequip the mines, resupply, equip, resupply, uncheck autoresupply, resupply, recheck autoressuply, resupply. There might be a shorter way to do it, but if there is I don't know it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: August 06, 2014, 06:15:52 am »

That worked, thanks :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: August 06, 2014, 09:11:29 am »

So there's a glitch where voice chat is just derp. Playing without people talking and being able to talk to them is... really awkward >__>

Probably just gonna simply wait until it's patched to start playing again, hehe

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: August 06, 2014, 09:14:55 am »

Yay, mouse lag almost feels gone.

Had a look at the new side arms today.
AMP is... a bit meh - its not a bad weapon but its not that much different to the Repeater to warrant it's 1000 cert cost. It also suffers from the same issue as most of the new TR weapons - the high RoF perk is made pointless by having an extremely low per shot damage.
Spiker is pretty unique, it doesn't take that long to charge up its 6 shot one burst kill, and doesn't make a sound whilst charging... so very useful for stalker cloakers.
Mag-scatter? Its a semi auto shotgun that can be equiped with a silencer - again, very useful for stalker cloakers. Its also worth mentioning that this allows NC to be the only faction that can now do the old 'shoot,slash' combo as a pointblank shot does over 500 damage.

So for stalker cloakers; VS gets a really good weapon, NC gets a God tier weapon, and TR gets one that isn't good or bad - just meh, but this is comparing it to the Repeater which is already pretty damn good.

Now thats how things are for dirty cloaker scumbags, pistols are occasionally used as back up weapons - so lets have a look at that.

For back up weapons...
Spiker is useless
Mag-scatter I guess is passable
As a backup weapon the AMP really shines as you've effectively got an SMG in your pocket.

Compared to the Armistice:
Code: [Select]

AMP Armistice
BpM 937 896
Dam 100 125
Clip 21 30
CT 64.034 66.964
StK 10 8
TtK(ms) 640.342 535.714
TtK(s) 0.640 0.536
Acc 48 27

BpM = Bullets per minute (Rate of Fire)
Dam = Damage
Clip = Magazine capacity
StK = Shots to kill
TtK = Time to kill
Acc = Accuracy, how accurate the shooter needs to kill someone with one mag. Obviously this is worked out against a full health enemy, as a back up weapon you'll most likely be using it to finish someone off.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

Every faction can quick knife with the Crossbow. It even does more damage than the shotgun, allowing you to go through more layers of nanoweave, too.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: August 06, 2014, 03:40:03 pm »

Guys, we have a TR faction on Emerald, faction name is (Oddly enough) Bay 12.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: August 08, 2014, 04:05:01 am »

Ugh, this game is giving me so much trouble lately.

-Why does autosupply turn off when there isn't enough nanites? That's stupid, it forces the player to recheck the boxes constantly. It's been like that ever since I joined and has been the source of way too much frustration and "oh shit where are my mines".

-Clientside sucks. I get why it's almost a requirement to keep most things serverside on such a massive game, but it ruins the competitive atmosphere. Oh this guy lagged so he can travel around shooting people until his net picks back up. Oh, that guy is playing from Australia, so he's allowed to shoot you 4 seconds after you've rounded a corner.

-Getting splashed through solid walls because my arm was poking through.

-Having a guy drive a Flash through my mine trap... and it doesn't go off until a few seconds later, when he's long gone and I'm still sitting next to it. STOP KILLING YOURSELF

-This is one of those games where skill translates so well that you actually can start to despise good players. Definitely not a planetside problem, but a personal issue I have with twitch FPS games in general. The insanely fast TTKs, (almost) infinitely fast mouse movement, and propensity for close combat makes truly great players so great that they are actually unfun to play against.

oh, and fuck air
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:45:59 am by Rex_Nex »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: August 08, 2014, 04:50:14 am »

Rex, it's actually clientside for that problem you mentioned.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: August 08, 2014, 04:55:29 am »

tis late

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: August 08, 2014, 08:35:24 am »

-Why does autosupply turn off when there isn't enough nanites? That's stupid, it forces the player to recheck the boxes constantly. It's been like that ever since I joined and has been the source of way too much frustration and "oh shit where are my mines".
There needs to be a better inventory screen or system, perhaps even have certain consumables be purchasable from the death screen, or some kind of warning that certain things weren't purchased (if it doesn't alread)
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 826