Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122052 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11040 on: August 08, 2014, 10:30:50 am »

Does the game stop at the loading screen at 90% for anyone?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11041 on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:55 am »

Patching.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: August 09, 2014, 05:13:26 am »

These new alerts bug me, I just had one that lasted literally 5 minutes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: August 09, 2014, 05:14:47 am »

They aren't really the most exciting thing sometimes, yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:12 am »

What is it with VS and MAX spam... We went through a battle last night where there seemed to be 1 VS MAS for every 2 normal infantry they had...

I mean, I've seen NC and TR spam MAXes before as well, just nowhere close to the same extent.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: August 09, 2014, 06:44:59 am »

Right now the MAX spam isn't limited to VS; with the new Nanite system I can pull a MAX just about every time I die (Although I have membership so I get boosted resources). It's not just MAX spam either, you can usually pull new MBTs or lightnings by the time they have been blown up. What they probably should've done was have vehicles and MAXes 'reserve' resources, so if the nanite limit is 750 then you cannot have more than n=750-y nanites at a time, where y is the cost of your current vehicle/MAX. I think a Flash costs 50, so as long as your Flash was still active your nanite limit would be 700.

On a side note, I've noticed that nearly every time I play my new TR guy I never really fight the NC, I'm always fighting VS...

Voice chat is still broken, it's really making me not want to play the game...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: August 09, 2014, 06:48:37 am »

I found out your answer, Misterchief: At somepoint SOE changed Hossin from an XP boost for locking it to -50% MAX infantry nanite cost, and its currently held by VS, so...cheaper MAXes, yay and/or boo delete unfitting phrase.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: August 09, 2014, 07:16:31 am »

What is it with VS and MAX spam

They yearn to relive the days of ZOE, for only then can they appease the crabgod meclumus.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: August 09, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

You know what's really fun? LA in a biolab defense with maxed out C4. Spawn, rain down hellfire, land in one of the trees in front of the entrance and score a dozen kills. /suicide, repeat.

Another fun thing is running a roaming AP Lightning on Esamir. The place is so open (much like Indar, except without the constant elevation changes) that you're pretty much free to do whatever you want with little repercussion. Works really well if you run Racer.

Lastly, suicide flash bombs are hilarious. Go LA, spawn a Flash, throw some C4 onto it, drive it into the nearest MBT/Lightning/damaged Sundy. Extra props if you jump off while it's in motion and detonate it James Bond style. Well, if James Bond had a jetpack.

Oh, oh, and I haven't tried this last one, but I probably should - finding enemy mines and setting one of yours on top. They wont even try to avoid it! Just make sure they are mines that your team isn't likely to run over before theirs is, because otherwise you're just contributing to a friendly Sundy explosion.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: August 10, 2014, 02:11:34 am »

Somebody dug deep into Planetside 2 and finally figured out exactly what the attachments do. It's in a spreadsheet here. A few things are missing, like min/max damage drop off values and pistol attachment stats. But here's what everybody has always wanted.

Some interesting things:

-Aside from hiding your flash, flash suppressors don't actually do anything positive. They don't reduce the distance you get spotted on the minimap by anything. At all.
-Suppressors drop velocity by 20% for SMGs, 35% for carbines, and 40% for all other guns, except the Railjack which drops the velocity by 50.05%. It also changes the damage curve, but by what and how much isn't known.
-HVA increases velocity by 5% for most guns and increases vertical recoil by 10%. There are exceptions where HVA changes the velocity by a value different than 5%. E.G., the TRAC-5B's velocity gets boosted from 490 to 600 and the Gauss Rifle Burst's velocity gets boosted from 650 to 650. It also changes the damage curve etc. etc.
-SPA decreases velocity by 5% in all cases, and changes the damage curve by some unknown values etc. etc.
-Compensators decrease vertical recoil by 15% in most cases, increase hip cone of fire by 20%, and increases the spot distance on the minimap by 35m in all cases. Most guns are normally spotted at 40m and LMGs are spotted at 50m.
-Foregrips reduce recoil by 25% in general cases, 33% for advanced foregrips, but there are a lot of specific exceptions. It also increases the equip time (the time between changing from a different slot to that weapon).
-Laser sight improves hipfire by 33%, 40% for advanced laser sights. Pistols are exceptions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: August 10, 2014, 02:32:51 am »

What I'm taking away from that is that unless you're running one of those exceptions, the velocity increase from HVA is pretty much useless. A 10% vert. recoil increase for a 5% velocity increase? No, thanks, I'm good. Suppressors are really nice on practically any SMG. Granted, I'm not sure about the damage curves either, but not showing up on the minimap is a damn amazing perk. Foregrips and Laser Sights are (of course) the best of the best when it comes to equips, so get those ASAP. SPA is also really good, but that much isn't surprising.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:37:10 am by Rex_Nex »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: August 10, 2014, 03:35:10 am »

Magrider is the worst tank

Old post but I just found it. I always wondered how magriders got up to some of those places.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:42:22 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11052 on: August 10, 2014, 03:49:22 am »

That's incredibly funny xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:13 am »

Somebody dug deep into Planetside 2 and finally figured out exactly what the attachments do. It's in a spreadsheet here. A few things are missing, like min/max damage drop off values and pistol attachment stats. But here's what everybody has always wanted.
It's nice to finally see the numbers on these. I never realized that the flash suppressor actually doubled the COF bloom, I thought it was just a more minor effect. It's a shame too, they really need to add some other kind of benefit to it because having random numbers working against you in a game like this is a pretty bad weakness.

Hopefully somebody can put all this info into a somewhat more readable form eventually

Really wishing that the NC burst rifle were more like the TR's SABR...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:30 am »

Finishing up my AP Lightning certs, quite like it. Rival/AP/Stealth/Smoke, tried out reinforced front but was disappointed since the Lightning is pretty squishy regardless. It did make fighting other AP Lightnings pretty easy, but getting chased down by MBTs and ESFs is not fun.

I was really surprised at just how much more effective AP made the Lightning. In the VR I was really let down, but in actual combat it seems to make a pretty big difference. Rival chassis was a great investment too, although I am not sure whether it was the best choice for an AP lightning - there's a lot of roaming around and chasing people down, and while Rival is a huge advantage over the default, I think Racer might have edged it out in terms of capability. Still, there's a lot to be said about not turning like a log.

So, yeah, chain pulling Lightnings for 3-4k XP each has proven to be quite profitable :D
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 826