Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1121895 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god... oh god... I'm... I'm seriously hoping that's not just plot art. I want to know more.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I want to know more.
Did you just advertently or inadvertently put in that Starship Troopers reference? :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really love the default VS Carbine. Got me a 3.4 scope and forward grip on it, and been kicking ass with it. Went from 1.3 to 1.6 K/D ratio :)

In other news: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688  :o

That Carbine has killed me more than ANYTHING else in the game. I am typically an Infiltrator during sieges and have a high K/D due to that, but that carbine is the bane of my existence.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, um... do we have an outfit on Miller?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to know more.
Did you just advertently or inadvertently put in that Starship Troopers reference? :)

It was intended. Glad someone caught it. Speaking of, some "I'm doing my part!" PS2 machinima could be fun.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

So I saw a GeForce 630 2gb GPU on newegg for 65 spacebux, worth it?

I have the laptop version, the 630M, 2gb, and am pretty content with it.

Is there any bay12 group on another EU server than Miller? Those waiting queues suck bigtime.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

From what I understand those of us on Miller are spread across different outfits.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then the TR stepped in.
Seems to be a common occurrence.
Well, it's kind of what we're there to do you know. Being TR and all, it's sort of our jobs.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the game is playable on a intel HD 3000 (from a mid-line core-I5)  Low everytihng and render quality to 75 and can get a average of above 10 FPS, drops below in large battles so I tend to go to a support role in them.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Grenades are fun.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'd debate 10 FPS qualifying as "playable". 30 or so is about the minimum performance for a game to be tolerable, especially in multiplayer. For example, I can technically get Fallout: New Vegas to run, but it's hardly playable even on minimum settings (and that alone makes a game unplayable when you can't see enemies farther away than ten meters or so).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I had a good run earlier as infiltrator where I captured a bunch of points on sparsely occupied territory.  Sneaky killed a few people who were alone, and even hacked a turret to take down an aircraft that was hanging around trying to figure out why they were losing their base.  I really felt like a classic movie spy.  Took two whole territories with very little help on one life.  This when my faction had been down to one territory when I logged on.  This launched us into a huge push that gained us half the continent in less than two hours.  Fun stuff.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I am somewhat used to low framerate in games, and get around 15-20 in small to mid sized battles, and you can see stuff at a fair distance.  playable to me but I can see why others consider this unplayable.  but yea, heading into a fight head on is suicide for me most times.  I do best when I find a place to hide and attack from.

Now, the wiki is quite lacking, and contains the beta info on the costs of certs.  I hope it gets better in the future...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:34:23 pm by bluejello »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Repeat customers are happy customers.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Repeat customers are happy customers.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh Hey Darkening... You were working with me today, who are you again???
Theophilus???
I am AUSGrizzly...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 826