Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122732 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In fact, a quick google search shows that any shotgun pistol over .410 has been banned in the states, which means they must exist.

Edit:
Victory!
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/05/21/semi-auto-shotgun-pistol-maul-awesome/
12 Gauge shotgun pistol (can also be underslung on an M4). Holds 5 rounds. Fired completly electornically, no moving parts. (I guess the shell carries it's own charge? I have no idea how these things work).

Edit:Edit: Also, forgot to mention, note the lack of any real kickback in the video.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:07:17 pm by timferius »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:57:53 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The point was that it's a standard sidearm. A shotgun pistol with a removable clip which is used as a standard-issue weapon, not a curiosity with little practical value like the ones we have.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Lemat 'Grapeshot Revolver'

There's also The LeMat Revolver from the US civil war.

Ahh you ninja from roughly an hour before I posted that.

Do I get points for knowing about that gun since roughly Sierra's Civil War Generals II was released? Probably not but that's how I knew about it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:28:03 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/18/sonys-free-to-play-online-shooter-planetside-2-will-pack-2000-players-in-an-arena-interview/1/

and what we’re going to be doing is allow players to fly a drone on their phone. And then if they have a high enough level in the game, they’ll be able to launch a drone strike. So gameplay out of your phone or your iPad, and it works on both iPhone or Android.

What.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll probably need to have certed into command rank to do that. Also, what I want to know is if you can do that from a web browser too. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You'll probably need to have certed into command rank to do that. Also, what I want to know is if you can do that from a web browser too. :P
What I want to know is what keeps the asshole on the train using his ipad from turning the drone around and team killing everyone because he's having a bad day.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

What I want to know is what keeps the asshole on the train using his ipad from turning the drone around and team killing everyone because he's having a bad day.
Loss of battle/command rank perhaps? I'm curious to what the penalties on teamkilling and their anti-griefing policies will be. Perhaps they'll just try stuff out in the beta to see what works best.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Still, you could lose a base to that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

True. F2P will mean a shitload of assclowns, and I wonder how they'll mitigate that annoyance.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

For all we know the phone user doesn't have direct control of the drone. They might just direct it around the field and maybe call eligible targets. Not that it would be impossible for them to pilot it manually, but it seems less likely (and it would be very difficult to do on an iphone).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

True. F2P will mean a shitload of assclowns, and I wonder how they'll mitigate that annoyance.

I plan on using those assclowns for a human wave tactic, thank you very much.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

For some reason I have visions of clowns with assfaces doing the wave... weird.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

You shall always get assclowns in games. Luckly they tend to quit when their uber l33t asses get handed to them because they ran out into the middle of a battlefield and got ganked cause they dont need no one and are mr srs lone wolf.

After they learn to stay out of your way, you tend to be fine. :P the none faction pooled resources thing -ie everyone from a main pool instead of the individual stuff that they have put it (it seems)- will help with mitigating their influence.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 826