Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682307 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4725 on: July 02, 2020, 04:04:41 pm »

Having some problems with this creature: it won't secrete a defined material, despite there being no errors in errorlog.txt. The syntax should be correct, and all the materials look to have been defined.

Spoiler: BDPs (click to show/hide)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 02, 2020, 05:16:57 pm »

Having some problems with this creature: it won't secrete a defined material, despite there being no errors in errorlog.txt. The syntax should be correct, and all the materials look to have been defined.

what's the body plan raws? the SEWER_STALKER_MAIN and SEWER_STALKER_EYES

actually, now that I look at it, your material name is SS_FILTH and the material you're trying to secrete is FILTH
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:29:23 pm by Dubya »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:21 pm »

are you trying to make a monster out of the hardcoded poo and pee?

better to make a monster out of [material with x, y, and z properties] and name it 'grey water' or something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4728 on: July 03, 2020, 02:51:18 am »

If I add to tower cap trees string [DRINK:CREATURE_MAT:RAT_GIANT:FEMALE:WHEY_WINE] and add to civ [INDOOR_ORCHARDS], will this civ trade as alcohol giant rat whey wine? Will civs without INDOOR_ORCHARDS but with INDOOR_WOOD also have this whey wine?

inproper use of the material it should just be
[DRINK:CREATURE_MAT:RAT_GIANT:WHEY_WINE]
castes do not hold materials, the CREATURE does, so your old line is gonna error hard

I'm not sure if they'd have the whey wine as tower-caps are a TREE however TREE is a PLANT object and worldgen is a magically thing so they probably would have access to said wine.

what's the body plan raws? the SEWER_STALKER_MAIN and SEWER_STALKER_EYES

actually, now that I look at it, your material name is SS_FILTH and the material you're trying to secrete is FILTH

no the material is named FILTH it's using template SS_FILTH

SECRETION goes in order of
Material to use
material state (SOLID, LIQUID, GAS, POWDER?)
Bodypart
Tissue
trigger

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FILTH:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:BODY_FILTH:CONTINUOUS]

the Body is defined:
[BODY:SEWER_STALKER_MAIN:SEWER_STALKER_EYES]

the materials are defined I think
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:SS_MATERIALS] (custom BDP idk what materials it is adding)

material ID'd as FILTH is created
 [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FILTH:SS_FILTH]

Tissue named BODY_FILTH is created
   [TISSUE:BODY_FILTH]

tissue layers are then applied
 [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:SEWER_STALKER]

However i'm not sure if the SEWER_STALKER is the tissue layering, or if it's even adding BODY_FILTH

so the error is probably in the location of Tissue because the tissue layer BODY_FILTH might not even be on the creature at all, thus the secretion cannot be generated

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 03, 2020, 03:17:18 am »

BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:SEWER_STALKER should be the tissue layering. The raws for it are below:

Spoiler:  Body Detail Plan (click to show/hide)

The other one, SS MATERIALS, is basically defunct. It would add the materials for the eyes and a type of spittable filth, but the material for eyes is defined earlier in the creature and I removed the spittable filth, since the SS_FILTH template has the effectively the same properties and syndromes. Essentially, it doesn't do anything and I hadn't got round to removing it when I posted the raws.

Body part raws are here:

Spoiler: Body Parts (click to show/hide)

Going to try tinkering with the tissue and see if that does anything. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Okay, ran an arena test, and I noticed several 'unknown creature material splatters over the [bodypart]' mentions in the combat log between two Sewer Stalkers. Looks to be an issue with the 'Filth' material, since that's the one linked to the injection attack. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this issue?

EDIT2: Shunting Sewer Stalker off into its own CREATURE definition seems to have fixed the issue for now. Still going to try and make it a caste in the main creature.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:01:54 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Borzoi

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:long snouts]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 04, 2020, 07:47:16 pm »

What token is it that makes entities use animal poison in their weapons? i.e. animal people with poison on their blowdarts.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 04, 2020, 08:33:43 pm »

they just need to have a poison they produce and a weapon that accepts poison and be a primitive pseudociv.

afaik no real civs can do it.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Borzoi

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:long snouts]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: July 04, 2020, 08:44:52 pm »

That's strange, I saw a hearthperson equivalent in Fall From Grace (https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14588) wield throwing axes spiked with bumblebee poison. Might just have to ask the author himself.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4733 on: July 05, 2020, 07:52:51 am »

They might have been solid gem spikes of a material called "bumblebee venom"?
Or can try garbage-dumping a bunch of weapons into a puddle of liquid poison. (and workshop evaporating boulder of poison immunity granting) 

poison-coat thread one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149989.0
poison-coat thread two: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147236.0
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4734 on: July 05, 2020, 02:55:07 pm »

Or can try garbage-dumping a bunch of weapons into a puddle of liquid poison. (and workshop evaporating boulder of poison immunity granting) 

He's referring to NPC ones so it most likely wont be either method, as they don't affect worldgen soldiers.

What token is it that makes entities use animal poison in their weapons? i.e. animal people with poison on their blowdarts.

I don't think any particular token makes it so they use envenomed weapons. From my own observations, it only pops up on blowgunner-type soldiers (bandits mostly I think) - might require venom-having animals be present as pets in a civ as well - across my playthroughs I've usually only seen ones with bumblebee venom but relatively little else - will have to check more.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: July 05, 2020, 11:05:13 pm »

He's referring to NPC ones so it most likely wont be either method, as they don't affect worldgen soldiers.

I don't think any particular token makes it so they use envenomed weapons. From my own observations, it only pops up on blowgunner-type soldiers (bandits mostly I think) - might require venom-having animals be present as pets in a civ as well - across my playthroughs I've usually only seen ones with bumblebee venom but relatively little else - will have to check more.
If I add blowguns to kobolds, will they use venoms of their snakes and spiders?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: July 06, 2020, 03:52:58 am »

How make goblins trade alcohol and embark with it?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 06, 2020, 07:56:49 am »

They need farms or orchards thats have plants that produce alcohol.

indoor farms or indoor orchards will give them cavern products.
PKs DF Mod!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 06, 2020, 08:09:22 am »

They need farms or orchards thats have plants that produce alcohol.

indoor farms or indoor orchards will give them cavern products.

Will orchards really work? I add INDOOR_ORCHARDS to dwarves and create subterranean copy of mango tree, they can embark with fruits, but as alcohol they have only four drinks from farmings. If I don't add farmings, will goblins have orchards alcohol? Need they special reactions?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 15, 2020, 03:47:37 pm »

How would I go about having a bird have the wings be a different color than the rest of the bird?
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 372