Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682320 times)

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4710 on: June 28, 2020, 12:11:33 am »

[UPPERBODY] doesn't need to be the 1st part, at all. Order of event is very important. However the very 1st body part added is the core of the creature, where the soul is. Basically the 1st part can never be severed as it's the anchor of the creature.

Most if not all Body plans UPPERBODY is the 1st part yes, but that's because the idea is that it's the largest part of any living thing (and the most important) so having someone hit you in the upperbody and it goes flying off in an arc to DF would be weird (altho many movies, and games have had moments of this) but to DF it's the core and the soul.

other than the rant, if you want the neck to attach to the upperbody, well the upperbody needs to exist 1st (even if it's not the 1st part, but it has to be defined and added before the neck)

so why yours didn't work (snipped section) you have the cap saying attach to the head, when no head has been defined. there is no part defined for it to attach to so it goes "well fudge can't connect"

I did actually fix the cap/head part while posting that, as I realized it was wrong too, but my creature is still unfortunately broken. I have the lungs attached to the cap (as gills), but the creature suffocates when spawned. Looking at it in the arena, it spawns with the gills and the cap undamaged, and there are no material/tissue errors in the error log (log is completely clean), but he still dies, so I can only assume the cap isn't attached somehow (even though there aren't any connection errors in the errorlog either).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the other lines that are relevant to the gills outside of the materials/tissue files. I thought the cap might be blocking the lungs from functioning, but changing the coverage to 5 doesn't help. I tried giving the creature blood to see if the lungs needed blood, but that didn't help. Might you have any ideas mod-sama?

EDIT: missing a bracket in the CAP body line caused this xd. I should really get to bed.
Also, thanks for helping with all these posts in this forum, you've already helped me a few times before by answering other people's questions.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:33:23 am by Dubya »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: June 28, 2020, 02:37:54 am »

I add to modded kobolds copy of dwarven king and change site to dwarven fortress, so now they can create experiments without necromancy. But they don't  spread evil. When I test several worlds with generated positions and dark fortress, they spread evil in one world. What positions I need to add for spreading evil not from civ-start demon? 

Try giving them [SPHERE:NIGHTMARES], iirc the evil spread is dependent on spheres like that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: June 28, 2020, 03:03:22 am »

I add to modded kobolds copy of dwarven king and change site to dwarven fortress, so now they can create experiments without necromancy. But they don't  spread evil. When I test several worlds with generated positions and dark fortress, they spread evil in one world. What positions I need to add for spreading evil not from civ-start demon? 

Try giving them [SPHERE:NIGHTMARES], iirc the evil spread is dependent on spheres like that.
I add them [SPHERE:CHAOS][SPHERE:DEATH][SPHERE:DEFORMITY][SPHERE:NIGHTMARES][SPHERE:BLIGHT], but they don't spread visible evil surroundings in woldgen.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: June 28, 2020, 04:31:00 pm »

Do we know what spheres work with SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER, and if so, what effects these evil spheres have on the world?

I add them [SPHERE:CHAOS][SPHERE:DEATH][SPHERE:DEFORMITY][SPHERE:NIGHTMARES][SPHERE:BLIGHT], but they don't spread visible evil surroundings in woldgen.

Are your kobolds able to speak? If they don't have CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK (or INTELLIGENT), I don't think they can spread evil spheres.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:33:20 pm by Asin »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: June 28, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »

actually interesting that demons can still low-roll their stats . . . hunh.  They possess great stats, disdain advice, have no stress, and can play a mean fiddle.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:36:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:35 am »

Can syndromes be spread in worldgen by consuming food or people?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: June 29, 2020, 02:23:32 pm »

I doubt it, I've never seen it happen except through werecreatures bites. It only happens through historical events, and normal daily food consumption isn't tracked. Eating historical people's corpses in combat, like elves do, does count as a historical event iirc, but I'm not sure material properties like syndromes take effect, so it might have to be a material interaction like vampire blood is instead of just a syndrome. But that's the most likely scenario I see where I might occur.

I would test it by attaching a syndrome that turns a person into a vampire, including a name/title string so it says "elf vampire" in the menus, to the default skin and muscle materials, and watch historical elves as they eat people to see if they turn into vampires. Once gameplay starts everyone would become vampires from eating any meat, but we don't care what happens after gameplay starts here. I dont have extra time on my hands to do that though...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: June 29, 2020, 02:32:10 pm »

In one world my modded kobolds spread evil from their fortress. But I add them mining underworld disasters, so I not sure.

They do experiments, but rare. How force them to make more experiments? On creature level or entity level or so.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: June 29, 2020, 08:11:39 pm »

Having a little trouble with creature spawns in my borderlands mod - they don't seem to be respecting pop_ratios. For example, larval varkids have a POP_RATIO of 15000, adults are 3000 and chubby are 25 but the groups spawn in mixed groups of adults and chubby, with no larval or badass. Adults and chubby are fliers, could that be why?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: June 29, 2020, 08:23:57 pm »

i have no clue what chubby or flier means.

pop ratios also interact with area pop numbers, and they may be a tally of all pops, and ratioed out from the total regional animal pool.

tweak the numbers
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: June 29, 2020, 09:16:44 pm »

chubby is a cast, fliers are castes with the FLIER token.

Does removing FLIER from the other two change the behavior? Do you have PATTERN_FLIER or similar behavior hints that might cause this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4721 on: June 29, 2020, 09:26:40 pm »

Having a little trouble with creature spawns in my borderlands mod - they don't seem to be respecting pop_ratios. For example, larval varkids have a POP_RATIO of 15000, adults are 3000 and chubby are 25 but the groups spawn in mixed groups of adults and chubby, with no larval or badass. Adults and chubby are fliers, could that be why?

POP_RATIOs of the castes are well ratios, so Larvas are 15000 / (15000 + 3000 + 25) which should be roughly 82-83% of the population (now you probably have male and female so I didn't take those pop_ratios into account)

them being fliers shouldn't affect the spawning perhaps you got the numbers too high, however I remember I used to use 25000 vs 1 for some ratios for castes that could never show up naturally

EDIT: ninja'd

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: June 29, 2020, 10:37:32 pm »

chubby is a cast, fliers are castes with the FLIER token.

Does removing FLIER from the other two change the behavior? Do you have PATTERN_FLIER or similar behavior hints that might cause this?

I'll try that! I haven't used pattern flier - the wiki says it doesn't do anything any more. Not sure if its the issue though, most of the rarer castes in the same mod seem to be over represented.
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 01, 2020, 03:38:38 pm »

If I add to tower cap trees string [DRINK:CREATURE_MAT:RAT_GIANT:FEMALE:WHEY_WINE] and add to civ [INDOOR_ORCHARDS], will this civ trade as alcohol giant rat whey wine? Will civs without INDOOR_ORCHARDS but with INDOOR_WOOD also have this whey wine?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 02, 2020, 05:03:25 am »

Should probably test it and find out. I would make sure to remove giant rats biome tags during the testing so they don't give a false positive by being tamed or hunted by the civ. But no idea as to whether an animal product can show up in a civs available materials if collected through a plant. Never tried that before.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 372