Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683047 times)

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4335 on: February 11, 2020, 04:05:52 am »

Is there a good summary of what I need to add to elves to make it so they can have fully functional taverns and libraries?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4336 on: February 11, 2020, 04:57:41 am »

I have the idea of creating a world populated by a huge number of animal people sites. I know that it is possible for animal people to move into a civ and potentially take over sites, but is there any way to encourage this, like by creating a short-lived temporary civ that dies quickly so that animal people can take over abandoned sites?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4337 on: February 11, 2020, 10:20:19 am »

Is there a good summary of what I need to add to elves to make it so they can have fully functional taverns and libraries?
Probably forcing elves to always use CITY type settlements.
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]   [LIKES_SITE:TREE_CITY]    [TOLERATES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]

I suspect also must add the relevant jobs with [PERMITTED_JOB:xxxxxxxxxxx] tag.
Looks like the priest/performer/innkeeper/dancer/scribe jobs are hardcoded.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: February 11, 2020, 11:14:32 am »

I have the idea of creating a world populated by a huge number of animal people sites. I know that it is possible for animal people to move into a civ and potentially take over sites, but is there any way to encourage this, like by creating a short-lived temporary civ that dies quickly so that animal people can take over abandoned sites?

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:PLAYER_FORTRESS] creates marketless hillocks over the defined terrain that are often small in number but can ally with other entities in the region providing they dont hate each other explicity in 47.xx code and have the same [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:<etc>] so your animal people can live there directly i suppose.
  • Carnivorous races hinge on accessible hunters and livestock to provide their food to sustain their civ (by point that if neither are met you'll likely be met worldgen related messages if they're the only playable race or not spawn), while most can rely on planters.
I still haven't found a good way to express [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:FORTRESS] on whether the prequisites for it are more hardcoded and ill need to research the right tokens allowed before i can have a civ that is centred around castles. Same goes for CAMP which according to dfhack string-mining is number 9 of 1-9 site types for the field.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:16:45 am by FantasticDorf »

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 11, 2020, 12:06:28 pm »

Wait a second. Does that mean I can finally make a Hobbit civ with [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:PLAYER_FORTRESS]?, since it creates hillocks?
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 11, 2020, 01:01:03 pm »

Yes. My frog men have swamps and grasslands as suitable biomes and only fortress they ever get is the capital (generated in swamp). After that, they seem to dig hillocks only.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: February 12, 2020, 08:40:04 am »

How to make wolf-people (or all animal-people) human-sized?
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4342 on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:23 am »

How to make wolf-people (or all animal-people) human-sized?
It is the    [BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]  [BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]  [BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]
size tags that tell humans reach 70 kg size at age 12.

Animal person variation, in c_variation_default.txt,  already has
[CV_NEW_TAG:GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000]   [CV_NEW_TAG:CHANGE_FREQUENCY_PERC:10]
So a "wolf man" would eventually become same 70 kg as a regular human.
So a "wolf man" weighs the average of wolf(40) and man(70).

Edit: Add [BODY_SIZE:1:0:70000] to the end of the creature you want to be human-sized and then test the armor-wearing. Might not work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:18:02 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: February 12, 2020, 09:03:54 am »

That's not true. It makes them be in-between human size and original animal size according to the wiki page. I haven't been able to find the answer myself so I just replaced most of the animal-people I play with versions that I manually made humanoid and sized 70000 or slightly larger/smaller.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: February 13, 2020, 02:17:47 pm »

Can a creature ride a creature that is already riding a creature?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: February 13, 2020, 06:52:33 pm »

yes I think you can stack horses in arena mode though each rider will end up in an scenario where the rider on top can't control the mount stack and I think someone in the pile has control from testing it probably the primary rider and mount can still move but everyone that mounted the rider is stationary.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: February 14, 2020, 03:24:23 am »

yes I think you can stack horses in arena mode though each rider will end up in an scenario where the rider on top can't control the mount stack and I think someone in the pile has control from testing it probably the primary rider and mount can still move but everyone that mounted the rider is stationary.

Are there no size or weight restrictions on who can ride what?  I guess it doesn't matter too much in Vanilla, but with some modding...
Actually, never mind, Vanilla has elephant men, which as I recall are quite a bit bigger than a horse.  This creates some funny images.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: February 16, 2020, 11:59:53 pm »

Ok, so I've been getting consistent crashes within 100-150 years for all my Spellcrafts entities, and I've totally failed to figure out why.

I made sure to add the new dice and altar tools, new naming conventions for crafts guilds and merchant companies, and everything else I'm aware of that has changed in the new version, but the crashing continues whenever I add one of the old entities to the game.

Here's an example, the first entity in the entity_magicians.txt file. Is there anything you guys can point out that I'm doing wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: February 17, 2020, 01:42:27 am »

How make special fish, that is edible by carnivores, but non-cookable? Also, if possible, this fish cannot be captured by fisher in fortress mode, but can be purchazed from another civ caravans or crafted.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: February 17, 2020, 06:20:14 am »

How make special fish, that is edible by carnivores, but non-cookable? Also, if possible, this fish cannot be captured by fisher in fortress mode, but can be purchazed from another civ caravans or crafted.

Making a custom meat material, that has EDIBLE_RAW but not EDIBLE_COOKED, then making the fish out of it, should do the trick.  I'm not sure about making them uncatchable, but you can try setting their POPULATION and FREQUENCY to 0; they should still be purchasable from entities that share their biome. This works with plants at least.

Is there any way to make a small wild animal that does not automatically run away from adventurers, but does not automatically attack either? Editing personality values used to work, but no longer does.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 372