Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683016 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4350 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:14 am »

Ok, so I've been getting consistent crashes within 100-150 years for all my Spellcrafts entities, and I've totally failed to figure out why.
Even vanilla DF crashes world gen, here's the bug entry:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11219
OldGenesis mod gets semi-consistent world gen crashes around the year 130. Maybe something with old age death, one could try setting every civilized max age to 400.

Edit: 47.03 is out! With "Fixed w.g. crash related to imprisonment by civilizations that have lost their capitals"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:41:14 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: February 17, 2020, 06:36:56 pm »

What's the best way to add bone "armour" to wild animals? I think I know how to do it at a creature level using body detail plans (like ankylosaurs in the primal mod), but I'm making a creature that has different levels of plating on a caste level. Is there a way to do this within the creature file or do I need to make a separate body detail plan for armour for each caste?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: February 17, 2020, 08:13:49 pm »

What's the best way to add bone "armour" to wild animals? I think I know how to do it at a creature level using body detail plans (like ankylosaurs in the primal mod), but I'm making a creature that has different levels of plating on a caste level. Is there a way to do this within the creature file or do I need to make a separate body detail plan for armour for each caste?
Separate body detail plan per caste sounds good.
Caste A having additional "head shell" or "tail shell" bits...
[CASTE_NAME:deer buck:deer bucks:deer buck]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF:QUADRUPED_JOINTS:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:
GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_ANTLER]

Turtle style: Remove skin, add scales and shell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Possibly can command different skin/scale/shell thickness on a caste level. Maybe can't.
[SELECT_TISSUE:SKIN]  [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3] --boost its toughness.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:29 pm »

How make special fish, that is edible by carnivores, but non-cookable? Also, if possible, this fish cannot be captured by fisher in fortress mode, but can be purchazed from another civ caravans or crafted.

Making a custom meat material, that has EDIBLE_RAW but not EDIBLE_COOKED, then making the fish out of it, should do the trick.  I'm not sure about making them uncatchable, but you can try setting their POPULATION and FREQUENCY to 0; they should still be purchasable from entities that share their biome. This works with plants at least.

Is there any way to make a small wild animal that does not automatically run away from adventurers, but does not automatically attack either? Editing personality values used to work, but no longer does.
Thanks!

Also this fish must leave smoke after eating, but be unbutcherable. How make this?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: February 17, 2020, 10:57:32 pm »

If I mod in a second goblin entity, would they be capable of attacking the first?  Could I in theory add, say 50 entities, that are just copypastas of the base game civs and have them all capable of independent interaction with each other?

In the same vein, would it create multiple civs trading/sieging at the same time?  Would each dwarf civ show up at the same time, or would they be staggered more?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: February 18, 2020, 05:31:29 am »

If I mod in a second goblin entity, would they be capable of attacking the first?  Could I in theory add, say 50 entities, that are just copypastas of the base game civs and have them all capable of independent interaction with each other?
Probably yes. Roll a few OldGenesis worlds and check in the legends
if there has been fighting between the Goblin / Groblin(crude) / Gobline(literate) civs.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: February 18, 2020, 11:07:26 am »

Could I in theory add, say 50 entities, that are just copypastas of the base game civs and have them all capable of independent interaction with each other?

If the goblins have another 'seperate' entity with [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED] they'll be able to ally it if so inclined to answer your question, it helps if they're closer to the goblin's own ethics though they'll do anything if they feel particularly pressed by a elven/dwarven/human snowball or necromancer threatening them too.

Not actually inter-allying seems to be a bug, the goblin dark-fortresses by some shift in thinking wont ally each other currently (necromancers even apprenticing new prodigies either wont ally each other), all elves seem to ally with all humans rather than just another elf nation and all dwarves end up allied to all humans and elves. Sometimes Goblins just get squashed very easily.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: February 19, 2020, 08:30:04 am »

What tokens to I need to add to a creature to make it be able to take over civs? Just [POWER], [SPHERE:X], and [INTELLIGENT] don't seem to cut it.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: February 19, 2020, 09:06:26 am »

Does anyone know where I can get a list of symbols used for site and battle names?

i.e.
[cull_symbol:battle:all:Domestic]

what is 'domestic'?

P:nvm, I found my own answers.  Lang_sym.txt
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 10:17:41 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: February 19, 2020, 02:31:55 pm »

Question related to the various sites generated by Civs during world gen. I understand that Hillocks are tied to the CAVE_DETAILED tag, but how is this relationship defined? Can this be adjusted anywhere in the raws or is it hard coded? I'm hoping to establish an Elven City that generates Cities as their primary site, and only has fringe tree cities (the current elven tree site) simillar to how dwarven hillocks spawn around dwarven fortresses. I'm happy with how Human and Goblin towns generate, but I don't like the plain tree sites that are spawned in the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: February 19, 2020, 03:38:56 pm »

iirc its hard coded
PKs DF Mod!

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: February 19, 2020, 03:43:09 pm »

Do intelligent mounts work?

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: February 19, 2020, 03:46:13 pm »

iirc its hard coded

Damn, that's a shame. Thank you for the confirmation.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4363 on: February 20, 2020, 01:27:28 am »

What's the best way to encourage an entity member to be a strong fighter (without them being a demon, or messing with permitted caste tags)?  I want to make a civ where the ruler fights back if you try to assassinate them.

Also, does anyone know what RESPONSIBILITY:ATTACK_ENEMIES does or if it works?  I assume it encourages a position to attack enemies, but the wiki has no info.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: February 20, 2020, 02:22:08 am »

What's the best way to encourage an entity member to be a strong fighter (without them being a demon, or messing with permitted caste tags)?  I want to make a civ where the ruler fights back if you try to assassinate them.

Also, does anyone know what RESPONSIBILITY:ATTACK_ENEMIES does or if it works?  I assume it encourages a position to attack enemies, but the wiki has no info.
Secrets?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 372