Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683267 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4110 on: November 02, 2019, 07:07:54 am »

I have been making a modded race based on more warlike and scholary dwarves in fiction but I have seem to have run into a problem

For some reason on launch, every member of the starting 7 is starting out with identical coloured eyes and hair and the nose descriptor is sometimes saying that they have irises.

Anybody have any idea what could be causing any of these issues? All I done was duplicate dwarf raws for these and added a few extra colours for the eyes/hair but the nose one is eluding me
It's hard to tell without actually seeing the raws, but I can make a few guesses.
For the nose-iris thing:
  • When you duplicated the raws, did you make sure to change the creature token? I hear duplicated raws can make things go funky.
  • Is the nose iris descriptor about the size of the iris? If so, that means you've got a BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LARGE_IRIS that has the APP_MOD_NOUN as nose.
  • Is the nose iris descriptor about the color of the iris? If so, that means you've got a TL_COLOR_MODIFIER that uses some of the special eye colors (e.g. IRIS_EYE_AMBER) with the TLCM_NOUN as nose.
As for people looking the same, it could be down to messed up raws, or the fact that the game intentionally creates people from a small pool of genetic templates (or something like that), so people of the same civilization often share a lot of phsyical characteristics.

That happens to unmodded dwarves too. Not sure about nose irises, but identical skin, eye and hair color is something I have seen a lot. And not only in fort mode, but in adventurer too, upon character creation you could hit randomize button like mad and these colors won't change. So that isn't probably tied to raws, but I would take a look at the nose irises.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 02, 2019, 07:16:27 am »

What if make eggshell liquid and egg white solid? I want make GCT eggs.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 02, 2019, 11:49:59 am »

hmm, i did manage to fix the nose iris, but if that level of non variation is baked into the system i think im outta luck
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 04, 2019, 12:16:14 pm »

How do I make a creature use a reanimation interaction whenever possible? I'm trying to make a creature that reanimates its own severed bodyparts, but in the arena, it just keeps pacing around while completely ignoring the bodyparts that melted off, AND not regenerating when it's supposed to. The interactions work completely fine when I possess the creature, but it doesn't ever actually use them on its own.

Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pug

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 04, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »

The regeneration interaction will need a usage hint to tell it when it's appropriate to use it, say "clean_self"

The reanimation interaction should be used whenever the unit is in combat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 04, 2019, 03:56:33 pm »

The regeneration interaction will need a usage hint to tell it when it's appropriate to use it, say "clean_self"

The reanimation interaction should be used whenever the unit is in combat.
It's not regenerating at all. It just paces and doesn't use any interactions.

Edit: Nevermind, it's regenerating but still not using the reanimation interaction.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:10:19 am by MachoNacho »
pug

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 07, 2019, 08:15:09 am »

If I add [CHILD:0] or [CHILD:0:1], this will solve taming bug?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 07, 2019, 10:49:23 am »

Is there any way to fix the sapient creature egg problem without the use of DFHack? I am making a mod with a race that lays eggs, and I am trying to keep it limited to raw editing, with no DFHack involved.
pug

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:58 am »

Is there any way to fix the sapient creature egg problem without the use of DFHack? I am making a mod with a race that lays eggs, and I am trying to keep it limited to raw editing, with no DFHack involved.

I think someone on here did it by making a caste as the only egg layer that has an on self interaction with a permanent syndrome that removes intelligent, but I'm not sure if it actually worked.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 07, 2019, 12:20:12 pm »

If I add [CHILD:0] or [CHILD:0:1], this will solve taming bug?

Not quite. More specifically, it says:
Quote from: DF Wiki
You can work around this by adding [CHILD:X] to the raws for that animal. Replace X with years creature is a child.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 07, 2019, 01:16:20 pm »

I think someone on here did it by making a caste as the only egg layer that has an on self interaction with a permanent syndrome that removes intelligent, but I'm not sure if it actually worked.
I need the egg layer to stay intelligent, it's supposed to be a "hive queen" type thing. Would just locking the queen in a 1-tile room with a nest box get the queen to sit on the eggs? Queens aren't really supposed to do much other than lay eggs and tell everyone else what to do anyways.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:18:02 pm by MachoNacho »
pug

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 07, 2019, 08:26:42 pm »

I need the egg layer to stay intelligent, it's supposed to be a "hive queen" type thing. Would just locking the queen in a 1-tile room with a nest box get the queen to sit on the eggs? Queens aren't really supposed to do much other than lay eggs and tell everyone else what to do anyways.
Make queen non-sentient, but power and can_speak. Probably, with natural social skills.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: November 08, 2019, 11:26:58 am »

Make queen non-sentient, but power and can_speak. Probably, with natural social skills.
Not an option. It needs to be intelligent.
pug

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: November 08, 2019, 12:38:34 pm »

I dont think it's possible without dfhack

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 08, 2019, 12:43:41 pm »

I dont think it's possible without dfhack
But would just keeping it on the nest box with walls and a locked door work?
pug
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 372