Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683266 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4080 on: October 22, 2019, 08:49:01 am »

When I get ogre invaders, most of them are unnamed - just ogre swordsman and the like - whereas goblin invaders still all have names, or at least most of them. What could be the cause of that, and how I can fix it?

Do they have language? The [TRANSLATION:<placeholder>] token? Also the names for events, buildings and the civilization itself, [SELECT_SYMBOL], [CULL_SYMBOL] are great fun, for adding nice flavor for the civ. Take look at that, and your civs will flourish!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: October 22, 2019, 08:55:27 am »

Yes, I gave them the [TRANSLATION:GOBLIN] tag as I didn't feel like making up a new language for them. And when they do have names they are in the goblin language. I even once got a siege of dwarves and elves coming from an ogre civiliation - with no actual ogres present - and all of them had goblin names.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: October 22, 2019, 09:01:07 am »

Yes, I gave them the [TRANSLATION:GOBLIN] tag as I didn't feel like making up a new language for them. And when they do have names they are in the goblin language. I even once got a siege of dwarves and elves coming from an ogre civiliation - with no actual ogres present - and all of them had goblin names.

Ogres don't have [CAN_SPEAK] token. That's most probably the reason.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: October 22, 2019, 09:07:42 am »

1. What can I mod about kobolds to make them expand and send sieges?
You are correct that changing the site will fix the expand yes, and for sieging I belive there's a set of tags for that, although I cannot remember what those are

[SIEGER]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:3]

[SIEGER] isn't necessary (goblins/elves don't have it), it governs their behavior (whether they rush inside or they camp outside) once they are already on your fort's site.
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X:Y] defines when they come for trade/stealing/babysnatching.

You want to define at least one [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X_SIEGE:Y]  for the civ to send sieges.

X is either POPULATION, TRADE or PROD and Y is a number between 1 and 5 (Y=0 disables the trigger).

This might not be relevant but having the [ITEM_THIEF] token might postpone the civ sending proper sieges kind of like with the [AMBUSHER] token.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: October 22, 2019, 10:07:19 am »

Ogres don't have [CAN_SPEAK] token. That's most probably the reason.

Gotcha, thanks.

This might not be relevant but having the [ITEM_THIEF] token might postpone the civ sending proper sieges kind of like with the [AMBUSHER] token.

Maybe I should remove it and add [BABYSNATCHER] then? Goblins and ogres have it and they seem to go straight to sieges. I haven't see a single kidnapper recently and only one goblin thief that was on-site during a siege.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: October 22, 2019, 10:34:25 am »

Giving a civ the [BABYSNATCHER] token will make them non-hostile with any other civ that also has it (the same applies with [ITEM_THIEF] too). For non playable civs this might be irrelevant outside of world generation but giving them incompatible ethics might fix it. For playable civs, you might also be able to get into war with other babysnatchers through raiding.

If you just want to make those kobolds to send sieges you can just remove the [ITEM_THIEF] and give them siege triggers. You might also want to consider about removing [FLEEQUICK] from the kobold's creature file, since (i think) it will mess with their behavior during sieges.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: October 22, 2019, 10:56:43 am »

Won't having neither [BABYSNATCHER] nor [ITEM_THIEF] make them friendly in fortress mode? I'd like to avoid having to raid them first before they attack me. Plus I'm thinking that being friendly towards goblins and ogres is going to increase their chances of surviving.

I thought of that [FLEEQUICK] thing already, but thanks.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: October 22, 2019, 11:28:26 am »

as far as i understand it, not having those tags makes it do normal civ relationship stuff like dwarves and elves

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: October 22, 2019, 11:31:40 am »

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I'm looking for behavior similar to those of goblins, so guaranteed attacks in fortress mode. I'm gonna go ahead and add [BABYSNATCHER] while removing [ITEM_THIEF], but I'm still open to other suggestions.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: October 22, 2019, 11:33:27 am »

if you want a high chance of war without using those tags, making their ethics as different as possible from the dwarven ethics will likely trigger that, while also giving them the potential for alliances with others besides goblins

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: October 22, 2019, 11:36:16 am »

Gotcha, I don't want to settle for a high chance of war though. They have to be guaranteed hostile.

I'm also gonna remove the [SKULKING] tag, but when searching the forums it seems that there's some confusion as to what it actually does.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: October 22, 2019, 12:06:12 pm »

removed
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:25:19 pm by MachoNacho »
pug

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: October 22, 2019, 12:12:48 pm »

I'm trying to make a megabeast that spawns swarms of smaller creatures, but I can't get it to work. Please help.

Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Detail plans:
Detachment material (it's supposed to melt instantly, causing the eggs to fall off):
Bodyparts:
Interactions:
The game doesn't seem to recognize DETACH_MAT and just keeps making the holes out of normal materials.

Did you see my response?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: October 23, 2019, 09:25:57 pm »

I'm trying to make a megabeast that spawns swarms of smaller creatures, but I can't get it to work. Please help.

Creature:
Detail plans:
Detachment material (it's supposed to melt instantly, causing the eggs to fall off):
Bodyparts:
Interactions:
The game doesn't seem to recognize DETACH_MAT and just keeps making the holes out of normal materials.

Did you see my response?
I did after you said "Did you see my response?".
pug

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: October 27, 2019, 03:39:59 pm »

Is it possible to have a creature transform into another on death? In particular, a megabeast?

For example, let's say I make a creature (for the sake of argument I'll call it "egg") and tag it [MEGABEAST]. Would it be possible to have it so when "egg" dies, it transforms into another creature (preferably one not tagged [MEGABEAST] and without any biome info, so they don't spawn without the egg first)? I figure that it would still be considered a megabeast since it's still the same soul, so it'll still be the same historical figure.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 372