Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329780 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.11] - Revocane's Let's play link in OP
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

You build it on top of water. Because you cannot build workshops over empty space, build it over stairs down leading to water. Then you can make it boil with fuel. Always read the first post, it shows all you need pretty much.

Hang on there, you can build [REQUIRES_MAGMA] workshops over empty space and they work fine, no issues with collapse. That's not going to do well for the normal steam engines but it will work well for the magma steam engines.

Yeah, but DFHack doesn't work that way.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

You build it on top of water. Because you cannot build workshops over empty space, build it over stairs down leading to water. Then you can make it boil with fuel. Always read the first post, it shows all you need pretty much.

Hang on there, you can build [REQUIRES_MAGMA] workshops over empty space and they work fine, no issues with collapse. That's not going to do well for the normal steam engines but it will work well for the magma steam engines.

Yeah, but DFHack doesn't work that way.

The reaction doesn't, but I wonder what happens if you do...

In other news, I've embarked on a new settlement (not as part of the Golddepths thing) which includes a volcano. I will see how it goes. I am using the newest version on this.

The file size is around 40-50MB, which is pretty large.

Sorry forgot to add: I put Bismuth and Bismuth Bronze back in the game and fiddled with some of the ore drop frequencies. One thing to be aware of (I am sure you are...) is that when a reaction calls for a metal ore, it doesn't take frequency into account. "Make Bronze Bars from Ore" will take any copper ore and one tin ore, even if its only 1% drop on each, and output eight bronze bars.

The performance (over WINE) looks quite good, but I haven't unpaused yet. This is on a 4x6 map (just slightly smaller than a 5x5) with a huge volcano.

Update on performance: FPS skips between 70 and 150. No idea why.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:17:31 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

Perhaps I didn't phrase my question properly.  I meant something more along the lines of "how the hell did you make a workshop produce power?"

DFHack has a steam engine module.

But it seems I got my answer anyway.  :D

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 24, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »

OK, I'm noticing some performance issues on WINE.

The game has a tendency to stop loading stuff into RAM when loading save files from time to time. This usually happens when I have saved the game beforehand.

In other news, the save has an upright spoiler. I'm thinking this could become a good succession game or something...

8)

Despite the want of a river, this place is a truely fitting location to build the greatest dwarven capitol of all time.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

metgyre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

I can't find anything about the sacifical pit deal.  What does the reaction do, exactly? sounds creepy and i want to know what it does before i do it.  I may not have looked through this thread hard enough, sorry if it's been answered before.

eViLe_eAgLe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »

First and foremost; thank you for this awesome mod, secondly, a question.
Will you be expanding on the craft system, kind of like on the original Genesis? Where you could use the teeth, horns, or bones of your enemy (or your own teeth, for that matter. I know I did.)
I for one, would love to see that, it's the main reason I still play the original Genesis. If not, is there a way I could do it myself?

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 26, 2012, 07:09:01 pm »

I'm very sorry if this has already been said; this is already a giant thread, but I've noticed in adventure mode that demoniacs seem to be... Openly hostile.  I got a quest to kill one in a hamlet, and, entering the house it was located, there were bodies surrounding it. He didn't attack me, but became hostile when I accused him of being a night creature.

I thought it was an isolated event, but I entered a keep to find another demoniac. I found him on the second floor, next to the body of a human historical figure. I was able to tell this because I then talked to him and reported the news of the sudden death of his murder victim.  He was very heart broken.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:27 pm »

I'm very sorry if this has already been said; this is already a giant thread, but I've noticed in adventure mode that demoniacs seem to be... Openly hostile.  I got a quest to kill one in a hamlet, and, entering the house it was located, there were bodies surrounding it. He didn't attack me, but became hostile when I accused him of being a night creature.

I thought it was an isolated event, but I entered a keep to find another demoniac. I found him on the second floor, next to the body of a human historical figure. I was able to tell this because I then talked to him and reported the news of the sudden death of his murder victim.  He was very heart broken.
eh it's more like they aren't historically pin to the crime until you know them before doing the crime, also they follow the vampire code of being 'hostile' when really it's just them losing their citizenship and becoming hostile to any civ unit. really any vampire outed is just hostile due to the game making them a wild civ unit (or switching over to the vampire soul).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »

No... They killed the others before I even talked to them. I entered the house to find the demoniac surrounded by bodies, before I even talked to him. Same with the keep and historical figure.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

That's supposed to happen.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Maulkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 29, 2012, 03:29:57 pm »

Hi there! You talk about the manual. i dont seem to be able to find it here, anywhere. I feel silly... Can anyone help me?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2012, 05:14:09 am »

It's not done yet, but the first post has some info.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I am down with nasty flu. And I will try to release 5.12 soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Maulkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

No problems, just thought i was really thick not to see it :) just had some beastiearie queries, for embark, but i figured it out :) Because not all the new critters are on the old GENESIS page right?

Nice mod bytw, enjoing it imensly

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I am down with nasty flu. And I will try to release 5.12 soon.

Get well then!

In other news, in my "dwarven capitol" game a peasant just showed up on my map with a missing leg and all body parts yellow. WTF? This was a fresh worldgen, and we're on the first autumn. Any idea what caused this? My belief is it was a megabeast attack or something, but whatever it was did some pretty nasty things. The peasant just collapsed on arriving in the fortress, and is under a "recover wounded" order. I'll have to get some healthcare up...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2012, 05:14:12 am »

Get well then!

In other news, in my "dwarven capitol" game a peasant just showed up on my map with a missing leg and all body parts yellow. WTF? This was a fresh worldgen, and we're on the first autumn. Any idea what caused this? My belief is it was a megabeast attack or something, but whatever it was did some pretty nasty things. The peasant just collapsed on arriving in the fortress, and is under a "recover wounded" order. I'll have to get some healthcare up...
He just fought in some battle during the world generation, it happens. Also it means he's some important figure, tsk tsk.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 108