Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329859 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS: Winter is Coming (4.13c)
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:58 am »

I am trying it myself now. Just got the merchants and saved just in case. Let's see if it's some constant issue or some weird bug.

P.S. I've played through dwarven traders without any problems. Could you check your gamelog.txt? Does it say anything about invaders? That's my another guess.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:44:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2012, 01:13:36 am »

Okay, I've got it too. I think it's the invaders, because merchants worked fine and they left.

Last question, did the diplomat dialogue fully resolve itself?

It may be something bugging out in DF due to natural skills on my barbarian or undead caste, I don't know. Or maybe it doesn't like that they are NOT_LIVING. Too many options. I will try to nail it. But damn it, I already have just a few time, and stuff like this always slows the mod development :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS (4.13c) - There's a problem with mod, play Masterwork while I fix it!
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2012, 01:25:45 am »

I will try to nail it by adding and removing entities and trying to see what causes it. I am working today though, so it will take a day or two. If someone can help me to nail it, I would be most grateful.

I've also added two more races, but I'm not releasing them before we find the source of this freezing. It will be harder to find then :).

They are djinsari and kensari. Two desert/savanna dwelling races who are enemies from the beginning of times. They were a single race, but then one of two brothers discovered a magic lamp and found a powerful demon inside of it, and the people started to follow him. Another brother was against him and asked their goddess of camels and water to grant them strength and help to stop his brother.

So yeah, a basic "brothers fight, nations divide" scenario. Djinsari became a great nation eventually, they built pyramids and traded slaves all over great deserts. Kensari became so attached to nature that they were unable to maintain contact with the other civilized people, and even their bodies became changed.

Djinsari are dunedwelling slavers which will trade you various animals and goods. They have some beneficial spells which traders will cast on your dwarves. You can feel the influence of "ezrakim elves' theme" here on me.

Kensari are... well, centaurs of desert. They will raid you for your love of technology and killing of trees and nature.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2012, 05:07:44 am »

P.S. I've played through dwarven traders without any problems. Could you check your gamelog.txt? Does it say anything about invaders? That's my another guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Didn't get to trader dialogue. Surprisingly many kobbo thieves before caravan, but I got over 20k wealth from first magnetite digs.
Might be hospital-cloth&thread related? Embark with TONS of cloth & thread, then try trading them?

Give the Kensari some placeholder reactions so that they bring you loads of camel leather goods and camel milk and camel cheese!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:12:14 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS (4.13c) - There's a problem with mod, play Masterwork while I fix it!
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2012, 05:10:59 am »

Nope, it must be barbarians. I removed them and everything was fine. I am almost sure it's them.

I remade them from scratch, let's see if it works. I will upload the new version soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2012, 05:21:34 am »

- Remade barbarians from scratch to avoid freezing. There are now goblins, hobgoblins, orcs and barghests.
- Goblins are cowardly but they avoid traps.
- Orcs and barghests know no fear.
- Barghests are the biggest and feel no pain. Their fur also protects them somewhat.
- Added djinsari, a desert dwelling slaver race. They will sell you every kind of animal.
- Added kensari, a desert dwelling centaur raider race. They will attack you and siege you a bit later than barbarians.
- Added "glaive" and "crescent sword".
- The shields now go like this by the block chance: buckler -> spiked shield -> round shield -> kite shield.
- Some tweaks to worldgen parameters.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS (4.14) - Djinsari and kensari.
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:31 am »

Dear lord deon, every time I try to start a new game, new version of this.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:12 am »

I just can't work in huge batches because of work or university, and I want people to have fixes I've already done :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:15 am »

Not saying it's a bad thing, just damn haha.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »

I still need to write good descriptions and story for all existing civilizations. Currently I have been thinking about dalesmen and fallen and why did I choose them.

The idea is that there once was a big empire which was governed by a king and his circle of knights. Once upon a time some magic which was bringing joy, beauty and help turned around and became twisted, and necromancers appeared. There was a cult rebelling which the king and his knights fought. The king was poisoned and the only way to save him was to perform a ritual to make him undead, which they learned from necromancers they fought.
  At first all was good but later when the time to die of old age approached, the knights began to perform the same ritual one after another, and suddenly most of the nobles were undead. Younger lords and their vassals rebelled against them and tried to murder them, but only succeeded to banish the king. The undead knight-lords spread all over the land forming their own little undead empires, and young lords of other dalesmen fought them in their own cities, castles and little nations.
  This is how the empire was divided in small nations of dalesmen and fallen.

I still need to write it in a good form, and then story of djinsari/kensari, as well as dwarves and children of forest (sylvan). I will ask a few people to help me with that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2012, 01:42:05 pm »

add knees so we can take arrows to them!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:14 pm »

Re White Walkers: I hope they have a serious weakness to obsidian.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2012, 06:37:45 pm »

add knees so we can take arrows to them!!

Knees are already in vanilla.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2012, 06:45:38 pm »

Ive only seen upper and lower leg...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

Notes from my 2nd test fort of Gen4.1x:

bit too much population in medium sized worlds?
dorfs refuse to use battle axe with "metal uniform". Odd.
let's not have mosquitoes drop remains. too small.
anaconda corpse was a green "vermin bone" symbol.
basic logs 9€, green glass only 6€?
"green tree frog" in trading seems to be a FISHITEM? as is toad. don't like.
WHAT? Squad takes 15 dorfs?!
Jeweler shop offers to cut all stones :*(
wax worker is blue and slim like a sylvan.
cob swan -> swan cob

Knees?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey waitaminute, does Gen4 not have quadruped knees like Gen3.x? [BODY:QUADRUPED_JOINTS]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:59:55 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 108