No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262994 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4245 on: December 24, 2012, 04:30:13 am »

*In the past*

Several hours after leaving the fort, he was still a ways away from the ruined tower. He stopped to rest for a moment, and to check his surroundings. There was barely anything moving in the vicinity, but noise could be heard from a nearby forest. Noise could easily mean trouble for the fort if it came closer, so Oliolli set off towards the forest.

Inside the forest, Oliolli could hear the noise better. There was nothing to make out of it, though: roaring and a strange screeching he couldn't recognize. As he got closer to the source of the noise, he understood why he hadn't recognized the screeching. A towering, hairy dimetrodon with large mandibles and a stinger, fighting a grizzly bear. The bear shouldn't have stood a chance, but for some reason, it just kept on going. Even so, it was obvious that the bear wouldn't survive without help.

Not today.
Umm... What are you..?

The query was left unfinished, as Oliolli pulled out his sword and started charging towards the titan. The titan, hearing Oliolli approaching, turned it's gaze towards him. Recognizing Oliolli as a greater threat and staring him in the eyes, it said "Oliolli" with a clarity surprising compared to the previous screeching.

"Do we... know you?"
"Must be the type that intones the names of everyone it meets. Heads up!"

The stinger was already coming down on him. Quick step to the side and a slash with the sword - the stinger came off, and the titan's screeching continued. The titan kept up it's attacks, biting and scratching, only to be dodged or blocked by Oliolli, as Oliolli wondered if the titan intoning everyone's names could be used to find out the real names of any people who's real names they didn't already know. Oliolli dodged another swipe by the dimetrodon, and ducked beneath the creature, slashed it's belly and came out from the other side, soaked in blood, hoping it wasn't poisonous. The position he had come out from wasn't ideal, however, opening up a position for the titan to give him a nasty kick, which sent Oliolli flying. Oliolli took care to position his sword so that he wouldn't land on it, and spared another thought to land with at least some grace, still not landing on his feet. That kick would be felt tomorrow. He got up to his feet, and noticed the bear looking at him angrily. It was in no position to attack him, but Oliolli still wondered, until the dimetrodon was at him again, coming in for a bite. Oliolli jumped onto the titan's large head to get away from the mandibles, and started moving down it's back, stabbing and slashing while up there. He even managed to cut off a leg. The titan bleeding out would only be a matter of time. Halfway down the titan's back, Oliolli stopped, turned around and started moving back towards it's head. The monster was screeching and thrashing under him, but Oliolli held on. Reaching the head, Oliolli had a hard time keeping his balance, but decided to end the battle quickly. He raised his sword above his head, and brought it down, stabbing the titan. He missed it's brain, however, and had to try two more times before he hit. With a final "Olio---" the titan stopped moving, and fell silent.

Oliolli stepped down onto the ground, only to find the bear looking at him angrily again. This time, however, Oliolli also noticed a bear cub behind him. Quickly moving around the bigger bear so, that it was between him and the bear cub, he took a better look at the bear. The bear was dying, and already it was incapable of moving. Around spots where the titan had apparently stung it, the flesh was already necrotic, but it's blood didn't appear to be poisonous. The bigger bear wouldn't live for more than a few hours, but the bear cub seemed to be old enough to take care of itself.

Oliolli looked himself over. Covered in blood, no external wounds, but his back still hurt from the titan kicking him. Fatigued. He decided to return to the fort. His trip to the ruined tower could wait.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: December 24, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »

I looked at when Joykill was las active.  It gave me this date:
November 09, 2012, 11:13:16 am
...that explains why he didn't post his portion of the scene...

Mita looked out over the surroundings and thought back.  I had given the shards to Joykill, but when I went back to get the results, wierd was somewhat nervous.  He had said that he found nothing, but obviously he had found something.  This had to be why Joykill was avoiding him.  I can't find out, though.  I don't want to drive him to doing something drastic.

Mita looked through his rifle's scope.  A short distance to the north off he saw a small flock heading west.  Maybe I had better give Ironblood and Vemeni.  The mechanic should wake up in a few days and tell me how to build that forge designed for the making of ammo for this weapon.  Then I'll be able to...what's that?  Mita focused on a shape coming from the direction of the wreak.  Another one of those.  Great.

Mita shouted down from his post at the top of the unfinished tower, "Mutant incoming!"  From his post, he saw Vemeni gathering up some of the soldiers to kill the beast.  Mita looked through his scope and saw that the mutant was closing in, and had some plating on it.  He swore under his breath and shouted, "It's armored!"

The beast was closing in quickly, and the militia was still forming up.  Mita swore and aimed his rifle at the beast's head.  He fired off one shot.  Due to not having practiced for awhile, the shot hit the shell instead.  It did slow down the beast, but it still broke through the gates, with the militia still unprepared.  Mita swore again, and rushed down to assist.  Didn't want to shoot a fortress soldier.

Considering the radiation coming from the wreck, something like this could happen.  Due to mana being an unexplored resource in this universe, there is the likely possibility that growth would speed up due to the mana radiation.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:52:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: December 24, 2012, 01:05:22 pm »

*Present day*

Oliolli stared at the chessboard intently. A nagging in the back of his head said he could win this match in a few moves, if they were the correct moves.

Five seconds.
I know.

He moved a piece. Oliolli moved another. Several fast-paced moves later it was obvious that the game would still drag on, when an alarm came from the surface.

"Mutant incoming!"

Oliolli got up, grabbed his sword in it's sheath and cracked his knuckles. Jogging up to the surface, he spared a thought to the slade warhammer that had gone missing a few months ago. The dwarf he had tossed the hammer to was also missing. A shot was fired at the surface. Oliolli frowned. He had liked the hammer. He reached the surface just as a hulking, armored monstrosity broke through the gate.

Heh... That takes me back.
We took down the Spawn, we can take this down.
Except... This looks a bit bigger than what we usually fight.
It also doesn't look like it'd care if it lost an extremity or two...

Oliolli sighed. The militia wasn't quite ready yet. Time to fight.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: December 24, 2012, 01:17:32 pm »

Mita came out of the tower onto some scaffolding that was over the gate.  The beast was just below him.  If I could jump and land on top of it's head, I could stab it in the skull with the bayonet and fire to kill it.  He gestured to Oliolli to force the beast back towards the gate.  Just after, he prepared to jump, hoping that Oliolli had seen the signal.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: December 24, 2012, 02:02:33 pm »

[Well, that was fast. But from the sound of it, we've been dealing with these things for the past month or so. I'll expect they'll become a regular nuisance, like beak dogs in a normal fort.]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: December 24, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »

[Well, that was fast. But from the sound of it, we've been dealing with these things for the past month or so. I'll expect they'll become a regular nuisance, like beak dogs in a normal fort.]

This one is faster and stronger than the usual ones that come around.  Probably was in the wreck longer than the others, though.  Considering the ship is in a titanic-like condition above ground, who knows what is within it.  Due to what's coming out, I don't think anyone is willing to go inside, though, including the androids.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: December 24, 2012, 03:47:29 pm »

Oliolli looked at the mutant. Scary thing. It wouldn't be an easy fight, not by a long shot. However, if one were to get on top of it -

Oliolli's thoughts were interrupted by the gesturing of Mita, the warrior that came with the draconic forces. He had apparently thought of the same thing. Unfortunately, the mutant had charged into the fort, away from Mita. Time to do this the old fashioned way. Oliolli tossed the sheathed sword onto the ground and ran toward the mutant, preparing to try to push it, somehow, back to the gate. Before he could tackle it, he was met with a powerful backhand blow by the beast. Stronger than usual, throwing Oliolli back several meters.

The mutant ran towards him, waving a shatterd board from the gate as a weapon. With a quick roll backwards, Oliolli got onto his feet and charged back at the beast, trying to wrestle the monster several times his size. After putting effort into positioning himself between the mutant and the gate, he managed to get the desired situation - as the mutant pushed him, it also pushed back towards the gate. Potential trouble arose, however, as Oliolli felt his feet lift off the ground, and felt the mutnat speed up. Maybe the mutant figured he would be a tasty dinner.

"Shit."
"I really wouldn't recommendthismanoliollisarechewy..."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: December 24, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »

The beast moved back, and Mita jumped.  He nearly missed the beast, but grabbed a portion of the shell that was upon the back of its neck.  He aimed from his hold and fired a shot into the beast's eye, causing it to howl of rage and release Oliolli, causing him to be thrown against a wall.  Mita dodged the claw that came up to dislodge him, faster than he usually could.  He pulled himself up onto its back and held on by stabbing his bayonet into its neck as it tried to shake him off, again moving quicker than he usually did.  He climbed onto it's skull and, with more force than usual, sent the bayonet through it's skull.  As it roared in pain, he fired a short burst into its brain, killing it.  He quickly pulled his weapon out and jumped onto the ground as it entered it's death throes.
He slung his weapon over his shoulder and went to help Oliolli up.  As he extended his hand, he saw, not his human hand, but one of a lion man.  He jumped back, startled, seeing that he had become a lion man that was his exact stature.  As he watched, he returned to human form, his clothing barely shifting to account for the lack of fur.  In a stuttering voice, he said, "Permission to see Gizogin about what just happened to me?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: December 24, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »

[Again, you might want to do a flashback to explain just WTF is with the lion thingy. There was that moment with Wierd that we left just hanging there, unfinished (which I alluded to about Wierd avoiding Mita.) Might want for Wierd to catch on that this is running again, though.

The wreck is basically just a few scraps of metal and a radioactive patch of sterile earth, it completely exploded. I'd imagine that, with the contamination of magic from a universe with different magic rules + being near Thari's old haunt, random wildlife get mutated fallout-style from going through.

Also, just a friendly reminder, try not to do anything fort-wrecky, at least not before everyone realizes this is moving again. We have a new enemy soon who we should be ready for.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: December 24, 2012, 06:30:03 pm »

1)[Again, you might want to do a flashback to explain just WTF is with the lion thingy. There was that moment with Wierd that we left just hanging there, unfinished (which I alluded to about Wierd avoiding Mita.) Might want for Wierd to catch on that this is running again, though.

2)The wreck is basically just a few scraps of metal and a radioactive patch of sterile earth, it completely exploded. I'd imagine that, with the contamination of magic from a universe with different magic rules + being near Thari's old haunt, random wildlife get mutated fallout-style from going through.

3)Also, just a friendly reminder, try not to do anything fort-wrecky, at least not before everyone realizes this is moving again. We have a new enemy soon who we should be ready for.]

1) Oreosome figured it out, but I told him not to tell anyone else.  Tip:If you can find it, the first post I made for Mita basically explains what is happening, if you read between the lines a bit.
2) Oh yeah, I forgot.
3) Two enemies, I'm trying to start an arc with Mita.  His may be a short while off, however.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: December 26, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »

I propose something like this is done for the bay12 space program thread.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: December 30, 2012, 12:28:54 am »

[!!happy holidays!! perhaps? I had completely forgotten about this, somehow. I am truly the fool. But what have I to say? Nothing! Muahahah!]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: December 30, 2012, 03:24:56 am »

Ah, there's another of our core people! Welcome back Eric! Now we just need Wierd...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: December 30, 2012, 07:08:56 am »

Ah, there's another of our core people! Welcome back Eric! Now we just need Wierd...

Ouch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:23 am »

Ouch.
You never left, though, I've seen you hanging around the forums these past 2 months. I knew you'd see the "Updated Topics" :D
Eric's been around, too, but he didn't call back in 'til just now, probably just been watching.

Whereas we can only assume Wierd has been devoured by some kind of horrible manager-demons from the HFS, judging by his posts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:16:30 am by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 306