No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262974 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4230 on: October 27, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

[There are two distinctly possible reactions wierd could have to being called by name by an unknown entity of unknown nature like that so familiarly.]

Familiarly?  The soldier would more have a tone of addressing a superior, rather than someone he knows of equal or lower rank.

Also, what the other possibility?  I only saw one listed.  Unless you are implying that he would fire immediately.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: October 28, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »

He did mean he'd blast immediately.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:41 am »

He did mean he'd blast immediately.

To prevent this, I made a slight edit.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: October 29, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »

[What's on my mind today. Must be seen to the end.]
[Well, my hands are tied until Gizogin finishes his scene.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: October 29, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »

[Scene?  There's not really much to it.  Just the Gizo family arguing a bit.]

"Lana," X began, trying to calm down his hysterical sister (Tangentially, his mind ran over the terminology of that sentence.  Would quarter-sister be more accurate?  Technically, she wasn't related to him, nor could he have blood ties to anyone, due to not having blood.  Lana was Gizogin's half-sister, and X was Gizogin's robotic double, but there was no word to describe X's and Lana's relationship.  He decided that quarter-sister would suffice.).  He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, saying, "He's going to be fine.  The best thing you can do for him now is to stop worrying, and let me handle this." 

Lana continued to look at her unconscious brother.  "You're right," she finally admitted, before letting out a sigh.  "I hate this.  I hate not being able to do anything.  But you're right, I'm not helping him by being here.  If I know him, I'm probably the last person he wants to see now anyway.  When he wakes up, if he..." she faltered, before pressing on, "if he wants to talk to me, I'll be by the river."

"When he wakes up, you'll be the first to know," the android promised.

Lana looked up at him, a necessary action given that he stood several inches taller than her.  "X, I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have said you were...  I shouldn't have said all those things.  I wasn't being fair.  It's just that you remind me so much of him, and how lonely I was after I left, and I took it out on you."

X gave her a confused expression.  "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for," he said.  "If anything, I should be apologizing to you."

"Don't start that again," she replied.  "Can we just put all this behind us, and move on?"

"Of course."

"Let me know when he wakes up."  With that, Lana was gone, teleported off to the surface.

X turned back to his patient.  "You have a real knack for complicating things, you know that?"

[I don't have anything else to do with this, at least until Gizogin wakes up, which won't be for a while.]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:22:17 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

[Right... convoluted xenobiology time! Still have to think of one or two other things, though.]

Six minutes passed, and X sat looking at his counterpart. His thoughts were disturbed, or, having a mechanical mind, not, by the sound of large claws clacking on stone. He remembered.

"You told me to come see you when the results came in. It's been more than 10 hours." HugoLuman then noticed the doctor spread out on the table. "Um... he's alright, isn't he?"

"Yes... quite... he'll be up after a few hours." X spun around on the stool. "So, yes, the scan. Well, first things first. How are those wings feeling?"

HugoLuman twitched them. "Better. They don't hurt to move. Wish I could say that about my head, though."

"Yes, I heard. Animal caretaker socked you fairly hard. Shouldn't be too bad, though, and no permanent damage."

"We really ought to get something other than cats for him to take care of," muttered the dragon. Cats were the only pets that they could manage to grab before fleeing the destruction of the last fort. "Guess we could find some goats to tame... Anyway, the scan?"

"Well, it was quite interesting. You've got a large venom gland in the throat, that's where the that fluid is produced. My analysis shows that it is very flamable, as you already know, and suggests that it could potentially cause numbness, blood-clotting, and hemorrhaging, though it probably isn't very potent. There is also a tiny gland or organ underneath the tongue that produces a spark or pilot light. Do you feel it?"

"Well, you know how most people can wiggle their ears, but they have to try really hard to learn to articulate those muscles? Well, there are a lot of things like that. Sorry."

X's face gave no indication of a reaction. "Interesting. Well, there is something stranger. That venom shouldn't be able to produce nearly as hot or intense a flame as dragons have been recorded to, some documented to have melted iron. My readings indicate, however, that, aside from the background levels that magical creatures like yourself radiate, there seems to be a flow of magical energy coming from the chest and out the mouth. So, dragons fire breath is likely magical."

"Well, if it's an innate, natural magical ability, why can't I do it?"

"Maybe because you weren't born a dragon, and thus lack the instincts of a fully draconic mind. I want you to keep trying, however, both the physical and magical means."

"Well, anything for Science, then."

Hopefully this doesn't end up as !!SCIENCE!!, thought the android.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:14 am »

[yay. almost a week of inactivity!]

[I have been getting the baptismal of fire at work. Buried under red packets for hot job items needing programs, and have had my hours changed. I am up a whole 4 hours earlier than previous now. circadian rythm is all jacked up. Just thought an explanation was in order.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:24 am »

[Happy day-after-Guy-Fawkes-Day day!  I have nothing else to contribute right now, unfortunately.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 06, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »

Walking outside, Oliolli decided to go for a walk. A bit longer than usual: he figured there was still stuff to see at the ruined tower. As he was walking out of the fort, he tossed his hammer at the feet of a dwarf passing by, asking him to watch over it. He would need to travel light. Pointing himself in the direction where the tower was, he started jogging.

Muthir walked over to his friends, waiting in an out-of-the-way corner of the fort, dragging a slade warhammer as he went.

"Check what I found. Might want to send this back to base, don't ya think?"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:16:00 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »

...[Dwarves] should continue to exemplify the highs and lows of human craft and inebriation.
Just thought that was brilliant. Anyway, post coming as soon as the November hecticness is over, and we have a breather before the December hecticness begins.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 30, 2012, 03:21:29 pm »

*sprays for crickets*

Been going slow again...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »

*sprays for crickets*

Been going slow again...

I am waiting for Joykill to post his reaction due to me being poor at writing for any other characters, and Hugo seems to be waiting on Gizogin.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »

Wow this sure changed. Was finishing up some geology stuff for my Master's.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: December 09, 2012, 06:38:52 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaalright, finished a bunch of real life business, time to get the ball rolling again. Let's wrap up our current scenes so we can skip 2 months!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: December 24, 2012, 02:37:58 am »

[Tell you what, let's skip to Obsidian, which is 3 months later, I think. If you want to finish your scenes, go ahead, they're just in the past now. And this post will likely need tweaking.]

Life in the fort had been relatively quiet for a while now, no major catastrophes since the end of summer. At long last, they'd gotten the passageways cleared and stable again, most of the workshops back up, and the dead buried. Corvus and his group had finally been deemed nonthreats and settled in, though still no one knew where they came from. The draconic general and the dwarven space-mechanic had made progress on their recoveries, the general briefly regaining consciousness a few weeks ago, but both of them remained comatose. Milta, the human soldier, continued in his duties in the watch under Vemeni and Ironblood, though for some reason Wierd was avoiding him. Reudh had offered the services of the entity in his head for quick, painless livestock slaughter, but then they realized that they'd lost all the already scarce livestock they'd had to begin with. Currently, they were still in the process of planning how to get some by using their various sciences, trades, magics, and acquired powers to domesticate something faster than normally possible.

With wings most likely fully healed, HugoLuman waited as Gizo X ran the diagnostic checkup. "Say, if it's Obsidian now, does that make it December in our time?" asked the dragon.

X, looking at the results, merely grunted "Uh-uh."

"Think we should do something? Christmas, Hannukah, Festivus, Kwanza? The dwarves wouldn't understand, but I think we ought to do something. Sometimes I really just really miss our old world."

"Yep." X was checking the results 3000 times for absolute verification, but that was no excuse. It didn't burden his conversational circuits at all.

"Is... everything alright? With you and Lana?"

"Yes. Fine. We're just smoothing things over." There was silence for a few moments. "So, your wings, the bones are all together now. But I suggest you learn how to use them so something like this doesn't happen again."

"Well, I want to stay on the ground anyway. Maybe I'll try a test flight, though, for the 24th."

"The 25th, I think you mean."

"Geeze, it has been a while hasn't it?"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:40:09 am by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 306