Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72445 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Better Is Worse)
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:00 pm »

Prologue: Impotence and Self Harm

((My healing efforts will be the stuff of legends one day.))

Use another weak cure spell on the guy who's good at dying.
[2+1-1] You fail to cure the dying guy of his terminal case of dying.

Regenerate hp and hopefully stabilize my condition.
[4-1] HURK GURGLE GURGLE

You get the sensation of rising above your own body. Also the feverish nightmares, but the rising thing is new.

Exactly as bad as that sounds

Rhedarios scratches his chin in a contemplative manner, as if lost in thoughts. His healing did not explode anything and he seems slightly satisfied with the outcome, and due to the inherent dangers, he seems tempted to avoid using restoration magic for the moment, lest he causes another disaster. He sighs for a moment before preparing once again. May good winds smile upon him.

Rhedarios, still away from the group, once again tries simple restoration magic on himself.
[1-1+1] Pain is painful.

-3 HP

((Ooh, I see a ghost in the same turn as Draignean gets cut! That's a sign, I tell you.))

Rush to Clarence, take his cut hand and have him bleed into the Empty Jar Soulstone - not much, a dozen or so drops will suffice. Bite off a bit from my nail and spit it into the Jar as well.

With the Complete Blood Jar Soulstone in my hand, approach the ghost and initiate hostile negotiations:
"Show yourself, restless spirit! I, Grave-Digger, Dark Lord Kelhor's Master of Dead with twenty years of experience, offer you a new life and a new body as my assistant. The life and body come with a reasonable amount of freedom; your actions will remain your own, albeit I will punish any insubordination, just as I would with a living minion.
Do you accept my offer on these terms, or shall I crush your will and force you into subservience?"

[2] You fumble with the blood and fingernail, resulting in a bloodspattered Soul jar with not much in it.

[3] Your speech has no apparent effect, and the cavern remains as silent and still as it was before.

Clarence woke from his fugue state to the feeling of a half orc squeezing his, apparently bloody, hand into an urn. Needless to say, Clarence wrenched his hand away from the orc and mouthed a stream of oaths that, had he retained his voice, should have set fire to oak at thirty paces. Without his voice the words had little impact, but he made up for that by scowling furiously in addition.
    Then he looked down at the kelp in his hands and attempted to remember what he'd been doing. Hmm... He didn't feel hungry, so he probably wasn't intending to eat the kelp, and though he was bleeding, Illi really didn't expect that he had been about to do more blood magic with random flora. Still, there was a dying man on the ground, so it was plausible that he had been attempting to heal him with said piece of kelp.

Flip through my notebook for field expedient remedies, looking for ones that have ingredients that I can either pull up (plants), dig up (rock, earth, bugs), extract from volunteers (blood, black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, etc), or create through transmutation.
[2] Your book harrumphs at you, flipping around unhelpfully.

Gus strikes the crabs head with the table leg, then heads back to camp.
[1] You bash yourself in the hand holding the crab, dropping it. It promptly begins scurrying to safety.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Impotence and Self Harm)
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »

Rhedarios tries to cure himself again with simple restoration magic.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

"No ... I will not lose another just yet! Live! LIVE!"

Cure that "dying" disease before it gets to the contagious stage!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »

"Goddamn."
Drain the life from the crab.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »

((are there any actions i can perform to make myself more receptive to nirurs healing? or at least make it easier for him?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

Well that was useful. Time to do something crazy that might save this man- or condemn him to damnation.

One of the two.

Mix the seaweed with the blood from my hand and paste it over the dying man's wounds, using both alchemy and transmutation to turn it into a living bandage that should grow to become part of him and stabilize his wounds.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:42 pm »

((are there any actions i can perform to make myself more receptive to nirurs healing? or at least make it easier for him?))
None that I can think of; you're basically a corpse at this point. Even more than you have been since forever, I mean.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2012, 02:10:30 am »

that should grow to become part of him and stabilize his wounds.[/b]
((GLORY TO THE PLANT.))

Eric growled. Unresponsive ghosts were bad news, especially when he had no container to trap them in. He could still make one, of course... if only he had some blood.
He looked at one of the scabs where his skin was punctured bu the vampiric plant. Half-orc regeneration was good enough to seal the wound within minutes after the encounter, but not good enough to stop all the bleeding. Eric started picking at one of the scabs in a slow, methodic manner, trying not to get too much dirt into the wound.
Open one of the wounds that the vampiric plant has inflicted upon me; bleed into the Soul Jar until it's full. Snip a hair off my head and put it into the Jar.
Regardless of whether I was succesful completing the Jar, go deeper into the cavern searching for an intact skeleton.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 17, 2012, 12:10:49 am »

Prologue: Skilled Medical Professionals

Rhedarios tries to cure himself again with simple restoration magic.
[1-1+1] You inflict yourself with yet more pain, and are forced to conclude that you are bad at this. Rachel is also looking at you funny.

-3 HP

"No ... I will not lose another just yet! Live! LIVE!"

Cure that "dying" disease before it gets to the contagious stage!
[1] You quickly ascertain that the only cure for death is more, quicker death. It's a lot like fire in that respect.

[1+2-3] Unfortunately that is not how metamagic works and you blast yourself in the face.

-6 HP
Now Dying
+1 Metamagic

"Goddamn."
Drain the life from the crab.
[3+1-1] You give a halfhearted life drain, but it can't catch the slippery crustacean.

+1 Necromancy

Well that was useful. Time to do something crazy that might save this man- or condemn him to damnation.

One of the two.

Mix the seaweed with the blood from my hand and paste it over the dying man's wounds, using both alchemy and transmutation to turn it into a living bandage that should grow to become part of him and stabilize his wounds.
[4+2-3][1+2-3] Realizing that normal measures won't do, you attempt an unusually complex and dangerous procedure. The alchemical effects take hold relatively well- it begins slowly healing his wounds. The transmutation, however...

The dying man begins thrashing and gurgling as his flesh becomes seaweed, and not wholly in his original shape either. You're getting an unnerving sense of deja vu as the condition slowly spreads.

Your visions become even more nightmarish, and you begin thrashing and gurgling as your body is taken over from within. You actually regain some semblance of consciousness, though, for that that's worth under the current circumstances.

that should grow to become part of him and stabilize his wounds.[/b]
((GLORY TO THE PLANT.))

Eric growled. Unresponsive ghosts were bad news, especially when he had no container to trap them in. He could still make one, of course... if only he had some blood.
He looked at one of the scabs where his skin was punctured bu the vampiric plant. Half-orc regeneration was good enough to seal the wound within minutes after the encounter, but not good enough to stop all the bleeding. Eric started picking at one of the scabs in a slow, methodic manner, trying not to get too much dirt into the wound.
Open one of the wounds that the vampiric plant has inflicted upon me; bleed into the Soul Jar until it's full. Snip a hair off my head and put it into the Jar.
Regardless of whether I was succesful completing the Jar, go deeper into the cavern searching for an intact skeleton.

[2] You fiddle with your scabs but can't draw any actual blood. The fact that the plant was draining you of it probably didn't help.

[2] You venture deeper into the cave, and cannot see a damned thing. Feeling around with your hands reveals it's still small and still bereft of skeletons, though.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:48 am »

Rhedarios gets a little further away then tries to cure himself again with simple restoration magic if the bonus and negatives stay the same.

God damn it, I SHALL MAKE IT WORK. And the dying disease has reached contagious levels.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:22:26 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Skilled Medical Professionals)
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2012, 12:15:07 am »

"I will not be defeated by a crab."
More life drain, targeting its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:31:52 am by Spinal_Taper »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2012, 01:04:14 am »

The cave had gotten too dark to continue, and so Eric would have to turn back and abandon his venture. Frustrated, Eric returned to the group just in time to see Lamar trashing, slowly going green as the seaweed spread through his body.
"What the hell were you people doing while I was gone? Wait, don't answer that, just let me at him. I can put these seaweeds under control... all I need is a working soul jar."

The third time's the charm! Go back to the group. Have the blood already on my Soul Jar dry up and solidify, so as to create a water-insulating crust. Take Lamar's bendy dagger and carve a tiny incision in my upper leg; bleed into the Jar until it's full.

UPD: "Alright, kid, lie still. I've got to take your mask now. You wouldn't want to have it fused to your body for the rest of your life, would you?"

Once my foolproof plan to bleed has been succesful, perform the Fusing Ritual:
1. Take Lamar's mask and put it on.
(This part is very important: if I did that outside of the ritual, it would be stealing, but now, it's magic.)
2. Take a small part of Lamar's soul and put it into the Soul Jar.
3. Fuse the souls of Lamar and the algae together.

If we're lucky, Lamar's mind will overpower that of the algae and take full control of his new body. Seaweed is usually mindless, so we won't need much luck for that to happen.
The step with the Soul Jar is just a failsafe in case we get unlucky: by the Law of Contagion, even a small part of Lamar's current soul will give me a magical link to Lamar-Algae's new soul - a leverage I can use to control it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:20:25 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2012, 01:43:50 am »

become plant man, stand up, attack the fishies.

((real fishies, not my teammates.))

Observe hands... see if becoming seaweed fixes them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:49:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2012, 01:51:00 am »

((real fishies, not my teammates.))
((What fishies?

Also, I'm starting to believe that Clarence is an unwitting spy of the plant monster hegemony. Opinions?))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:52:33 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2012, 01:52:22 am »

((where there's a crab there's a fish...or some other aquatic life... which i shall attack... and hopefully eat))

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43