Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72467 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: CHEDDARIUSSSSSSS!)
« Reply #495 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:48 am »

Rhedarios falls like a puppet as he is thrown to the ground by Rachel. He does not offer any resistance even as she takes him down and sits on his chest, only managing to move his head to his right side as she starts to play with his ears. His eyes appear without their usual glow, as if it had been taken from him along with the small explosion he created. His head slumps to the ground in shame as his face starts to get redder; normally he would be complaining about the proximity and about the position she has taken atop him, but the draggy just does not care anymore. He had just created a small disaster, and anyone angry at him would be rightly so.

"...I am sorry..." is all he manages to put together amidst furious blushing and the crushing shame for failing so badly at something so simple and harming his companions in the process.

((Whithholding my action for now.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 02, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

The masked man was still in critical condition, but Greg had bought a few more precious minutes. He took a few deep breaths from the effort of his inefficient stabilization spell. He spoke as he began removing the man's outer garments and mask, to determine the most critical wounds and keep the clothing out of the way of healing wounds.

"Doess anyone know how to make healing ssalve? A good ssupply will make sse voyage more bearable, and help ssave thiss man'ss life.
That wass ... a really powerful firsst attempt at healing, but he needs more finesse, and maybe ssome time reading my book ...
... How iss this man even sstill alive?

You! Sstop ssulking and help me get him onto thesse rockss, away from all sse mud .. Let him up! He needss to help fixs hiss misstake."

Use my magic to keep Lamar from dying! Preferably without making him a mud&clothingman.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:44 am »

Lie perfectly still, prepare to haunt Eric if healing goes sideways.

((also if your spell over succeeds and makes me a living mud&clothingman i will not hold it against you.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2012, 01:29:18 am »

Rhedarios helps Greg in any way he can't possibly screw up. He then moves a little away for the group (enough so another blast won't hit any of them) and tries to heal himself with simple restoration magic after making sure Rachel hasn't followed him.

Question: Wouldn't +0 or Dabbling mean I get +0 to a roll and Inexperienced -1 to the same thing?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:35:16 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:18 am »

Question: Wouldn't +0 or Dabbling mean I get +0 to a roll and Inexperienced -1 to the same thing?
Yes. Did I mess that up somewhere or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »

Prologue: Better Is Worse

"Alright, that's it: we can finally stop for a while. I think this is as good a place as any to break camp. Who's with me?"

Rest and recuperate. Look at the alcove in more detail as I do so; pay utmost attention to skeletons, burned-out campfires and dark passages in the alcove's walls.
[4] You recover nicely, relaxing in the quaint little hole in the rock.

[2][6] You swear you saw a ghost or something deeper in there.

+4 HP

Gustavo looks over at Greg
"Hey, can I get some healing?"
If he can, he goes and forages for corpses and food. If he can't he goes and sets up camp.
[5] Being on a rocky beach near a settlement, you doubt there's a lot of food lying around. A delicious-looking crab proves you wrong, however, and you quickly snatch it up.

Gained: Delicious Crab

The masked man was still in critical condition, but Greg had bought a few more precious minutes. He took a few deep breaths from the effort of his inefficient stabilization spell. He spoke as he began removing the man's outer garments and mask, to determine the most critical wounds and keep the clothing out of the way of healing wounds.

"Doess anyone know how to make healing ssalve? A good ssupply will make sse voyage more bearable, and help ssave thiss man'ss life.
That wass ... a really powerful firsst attempt at healing, but he needs more finesse, and maybe ssome time reading my book ...
... How iss this man even sstill alive?

You! Sstop ssulking and help me get him onto thesse rockss, away from all sse mud .. Let him up! He needss to help fixs hiss misstake."

Use my magic to keep Lamar from dying! Preferably without making him a mud&clothingman.
[6+1-1] You pour too much power into him, and he begins writhing and gurgling. Apparently your healing efforts have paradoxically also destabilized his condition, and he'll literally die in better shape than he has been if you don't do something further.

+2 Restoration
Lamar: +6 HP

Quote from: Auto-Draig
Healing Salve!
Clarance leaps into action, [2] scrabbling at some barnacles. [3] And grabbing a piece of kelp. [1] And cutting his hand on a mossy rock.

-1 HP
Gained Sickly Kelp

Lie perfectly still, prepare to haunt Eric if healing goes sideways.
You begin sputtering and thrashing, your unconsciousness fading from black to horrible nightmares. You are so gonna haunt someone if this goes south.

Healed 6 HP by Greg

Rhedarios helps Greg in any way he can't possibly screw up. He then moves a little away for the group (enough so another blast won't hit any of them) and tries to heal himself with simple restoration magic after making sure Rachel hasn't followed him.
It quickly occurs to you that helping in a manner with no chance for negative side effects whatsoever is completely impossible.

[4+1-1] After moving far enough away to avoid innocent bystanders, you competently heal yourself. Healing is fun!

+4 HP
+1 Restoration

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Better Is Worse)
« Reply #501 on: July 03, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »

((My healing efforts will be the stuff of legends one day.))

Use another weak cure spell on the guy who's good at dying.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 03, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »

((and i promise to have an army of beetle men build a monument to your glory should i be alive at the time.))

Regenerate hp and hopefully stabilize my condition.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »

((What do you mean, one day? They're already legends! :P))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:27 pm »

((What do you mean, one day? They're already legends! :P))
(("Did I ever tell you kids of... The Healer? He stalks the wilderness, finding the injured. When he finds them, he promises to tend to their wounds. His victims are said to be so healed, the restoration energies coursing through their veins kill them, before the wound ever could.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 05, 2012, 10:09:34 am »

Rhedarios scratches his chin in a contemplative manner, as if lost in thoughts. His healing did not explode anything and he seems slightly satisfied with the outcome, and due to the inherent dangers, he seems tempted to avoid using restoration magic for the moment, lest he causes another disaster. He sighs for a moment before preparing once again. May good winds smile upon him.

Rhedarios, still away from the group, once again tries simple restoration magic on himself.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:38 am »

Gus strikes the crabs head with the table leg, then heads back to camp.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:50 am »

((i think i have a plan... If gus eats the crab i can use the symbolic magic system to reconnect all the exoskeletal fragments allowing eric to reanimate a hollow crab which can be used to scout or loot and carry small items... All i gotta do is wake up and not die.))
((also where theres a ghost theres probably a body :D))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:36:38 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2012, 05:25:00 am »

((Ooh, I see a ghost in the same turn as Draignean gets cut! That's a sign, I tell you.))

Rush to Clarence, take his cut hand and have him bleed into the Empty Jar Soulstone - not much, a dozen or so drops will suffice. Bite off a bit from my nail and spit it into the Jar as well.

With the Complete Blood Jar Soulstone in my hand, approach the ghost and initiate hostile negotiations:
"Show yourself, restless spirit! I, Grave-Digger, Dark Lord Kelhor's Master of Dead with twenty years of experience, offer you a new life and a new body as my assistant. The life and body come with a reasonable amount of freedom; your actions will remain your own, albeit I will punish any insubordination, just as I would with a living minion.
Do you accept my offer on these terms, or shall I crush your will and force you into subservience?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2012, 01:09:33 am »

Clarence woke from his fugue state to the feeling of a half orc squeezing his, apparently bloody, hand into an urn. Needless to say, Clarence wrenched his hand away from the orc and mouthed a stream of oaths that, had he retained his voice, should have set fire to oak at thirty paces. Without his voice the words had little impact, but he made up for that by scowling furiously in addition.
    Then he looked down at the kelp in his hands and attempted to remember what he'd been doing. Hmm... He didn't feel hungry, so he probably wasn't intending to eat the kelp, and though he was bleeding, Illi really didn't expect that he had been about to do more blood magic with random flora. Still, there was a dying man on the ground, so it was plausible that he had been attempting to heal him with said piece of kelp.

Flip through my notebook for field expedient remedies, looking for ones that have ingredients that I can either pull up (plants), dig up (rock, earth, bugs), extract from volunteers (blood, black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, etc), or create through transmutation.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43