Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245330 times)

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2016, 02:19:06 pm »

I see people raging about the new labyrinth on their forum. Did they fix the combat of the game or its still spam one skill? Stopped following the game for two months now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 12, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »

Aren't you the person who bots things? I don't see why you'd be interested in a game you stopped following.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 12, 2016, 02:28:36 pm »

Aren't you the person who bots things? I don't see why you'd be interested in a game you stopped following.
I stopped booting some time ago as the population died out, so it was not worth anymore to run them. You don't see a reason why would I ask a question for a game that I stopped following. WTF?  I asked because of it, duhh. If I was following it I would not ask as I would know the answer.....

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 12, 2016, 02:35:41 pm »

Well sorry, thats just what i remembered you being here last time about. The answer would still be 'depends', because its still the same Arpg with more stuff. For example you could totally do a spark-only build, but with orb of storms now, why you would want to I dunno, since if you use both you get better results and more damage. Maybe throw in vaal spark too, but that got nerfed into the ground after the shenanigans people pulled in talisman with it.

You certainly can still do one skill if you want, as long as you don't include auras or heralds or curses or golems or trigger gems. All of those are pretty common and I'd consider as a second conglomerate skill, or you can do both and have a second skill for aoe, etc.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 12, 2016, 02:45:54 pm »

So from this I am guessing it's pretty much the same, same mechanics and gameplay , but they just added more skills. Ok.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 12, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »

Did you expect them to change the entire game in two months?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »

Dude stop being so much.. hmm defensive? If you didn't know things are in works for a long time before they announce anything. So yes things can changed drastically, is it two months or less, because they would work on something for a far longer behind the scene.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 12, 2016, 03:14:12 pm »

Just a friendly notice boki, the game will never be anything more than "spam a skill". The Labyrinth is the farthest patch from typical PoE gameplay since beta. If you want a game that's that different from the status quo, you need to find a new game. PoE's complexity has always been in its build diversity, not its combat.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 12, 2016, 06:07:53 pm »

Tried Izaro on Merciless. Ha. Ha. Ha. No.

His first form managed to one shot me with 50% damage mitigation, possibly more, and 3800 effective health.

Still I made level 80 in about 7 hours last night. Pretty happy about that.

Over all the game in Level 70 areas seems easier than the last time I played it. I'm face rolling virtually everything except bosses and most of them have given me no troubles (going to try a Dunes run to test the theory, because that boss has always been a bastard.) I'm taking way less damage because life leech seems to be dealing with 90% of it. I haven't met a Rogue Exile yet since the patch that has actually given me trouble. I didn't change my build much if at all after the Ascendancy reset other than to deal with the changes in nodes. Right now I'd say leveling at around 80 is the easiest and safest I've seen it in a long time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:28:20 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 13, 2016, 04:05:14 am »

Speaking of build diversity?

Siege Ballista.
Templar.
Hierophant.
Ancestral Bond.

Four goddamn siege ballistas spewing chunky crit death. Romira's Banquet to build power charges with incinerate, Marylene's Fallacy for 240% crit strike multiplier. Ballistas always pierce, so Drillnock in quiver. Rat's Nest for headgear? Why not! No bow nodes for templar? Watch as three Lioneye's Falls change that! This build is grade-A bullshit and everything that's wrong with stupid builds, but holy crap it's the best thing, and it's supported by good ol' Perandus making expensive uniques accessible.

Admittedly, I'm weak (as always) on life nodes and punching up resistances is difficult because I have so many uniques (how do you say no to a perfect Aurseize?), but it works, of all things, it works and I'm clearing low-tier maps at level seventy. Eventually I need to replace Infractem (decent flat damage at level 53 or whatever it was) with some GG Harbinger Bow or maybe Chin Sol/Lioneye's Bow, but it's getting by. I dunno. It's a gear build for certain and there are things that work a lot better, I will not contest that. That it can be done is not proof that it should be done, but by it all, I've done it.
Out of curiosity, why Templar with Hierophant over, say, a Trickster or Assassin Shadow (or a Scion, or a Ranger, or hell maybe even a Duelist) with an Iron Commander? Stack dex, get the same totem-swarm, but with (probably) less fiddling.

Oh, and since we're talking build diversity, I have two separate Templars going right now. Both use Storm Call + Orb of Storms, but otherwise their ascendancies make them vary wildly - one's a Hierophant who's going to rock a boatload of damage redirection to mana with Mind over Matter, Divine Guidance, and an Aylardex; the other's a crit-based Inquisitor who doesn't give a shit about your resistances. And they're both more or less working, at least for now, although the former is still very much in the leveling stages.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 13, 2016, 07:31:15 am »

Marylene's Fallacy for 240% crit strike multiplier.

Marylene's fallacy is terrible dude. It has 40% less crit chance. As in, less not reduced. If you would normally have 100% crit, then with Marylene's you would have 60%. And that 40% that doesn't crit is even worse because it only deals 40% damage. The crit mult and culling strike does not make up for that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:33:57 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 13, 2016, 07:35:52 pm »

And to think, Marylene's used to be so much worse. Between its first iteration and now it's been buffed two or three times. It's gone from 25% noncrit damage to 40%, 60% less crit chance to 40%, and 160% crit multi to 250%. If its terrible now, I dont even want to imagine how bad it used to be!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 14, 2016, 11:32:42 am »

I think I've officially got the map lust now. Made 82 over the whole weekend, it's the best leveling I've gotten in PoE in, well, years.

All was going swimmingly until I decided to try Phantasmorgia without reading up on it first. Saw a Tormented Spirit out of the corner of my eye, proceeded toward him, then realized he possessed the Map boss. Death was instantaneous. I tried a couple more times just to be sure and because I really wanted the extra loot, but the damage he did was too insane. I was feeling bad about myself until I read up on Map Running and realized he's tuned way, way, way too high for his map tier.

My only regret is that I don't have more time in my day to do something other than run Maps. But after installing a loot filter and farming up about 20 maps, I'm happy as a clam and am looking forward to finally pushing through the 80s.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:05:56 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1063 on: March 19, 2016, 05:59:19 pm »

Well, finally opened the labyrinth, on normal... I have a bit of a mixed feelings currently. On one hand, change of pace feels just about right what with all the traps there. If anything, I'd reduce the number of enemies and have more traps, more puzzles. But for most of the time, it's fine. When it's not fine is when sometimes second stage (non-dead-end silver key one) varies between walk in a park to to-much-fookin-death-mate. Really, first time I was there I had at a time some really annoying combinations of saws, diagonal sshooters and not a whole damn room to move. Second time? Almost negligible number of spikes and shooters and no saws. Weird. Got killed by a really cheaply placed wall shooter though.

Dieing is another thing I can't decide on. On one hand, design of maps stays more or less the same, so you know what to expect and where to go, most of the time. But on the other hand, even with that knowledge you still have to invest more time than I'd like if you wanna get the keys and trinket. So resurrecting in town if you make one deadly mistake makes the whole experience a bit of a chore.

And Izario. Again, one one hand, I can appreciate a boss fight that makes your adrenaline flow. But on the other hand, I just can't shake the feeling that he is just a little bit cheap.

Then again, I have a nagging feeling my Scion build is just too glass cannon-y. But it's weird because, generally?, I have no problems with regular enemies or even bosses. But sometimes, I just get nuked by Perandus chests mobs. I don't remember dieing to regular mobs this league, but those guys? Lost count by now. Guess I have to invest in more evasion and/or life nodes? *shrug* Oh well, I am still having fun, for now.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 19, 2016, 06:08:49 pm »

Life Leech build? I find it causes me to vastly overestimate my actual tankiness. Sure I face tank hordes of guys and bosses. But spike damage? That just comes down to raw HP at the end of the day. Even with 50% physical reduction, up to like 62%, spell damage added on usually takes it way over the top.

And chests are pretty much king of spike damage, at a time when few synergies are active. I basically don't open or re-roll the ones that freeze on opening, it can't be avoided and even on low end maps I still almost get ganked by them.

I'm currently on my way to 84 and still feeling pretty good. Going to invest in straight health and armor for the next few points then take another crack at Izaro Merciless. If I can get out of 1-shot territory I think I can beat him, eventually. I dunno I've read people beating him at like 74 but I don't think my reflexes or my internet are so finely tuned I can avoid instant death like that. I have to be able to stay alive while I whittle him down for minutes...after minutes...after minutes.

Does anyone know what % if any of his attacks are Chaos damage? Wiki is still pretty incomplete on hard details about the fight.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:10:35 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100