Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245289 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #1080 on: March 29, 2016, 05:35:12 pm »

Rant/Opinion on Currency and Public Stash Tabs: Path of Exile 2.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dCUFHpat08

His argument is predicated on only a couple points:

-Trading is an advantage that everyone should partake in.
-Currency tabs and premium public tabs are QoL features that everyone needs because it facilitates trading.

My response would be:

-I've played the entire game, 300+ hours, without trading except once to get a gem before gem vendors were a thing. It's not a requirement. It helps, but it's not required.
-I've played this long without ever amassing more than 200 of any one currency. I imagine people that aren't 24/7 playing PoE take a while before they have so much currency they'd need a tab for it. True, once you hit the endgame in merciless, it's not unusual to spend hundreds and hundreds of different currencies on a single item to get the best possible results, and so a currency tab starts making a lot more sense. But I think that's for a minority of the player base who either a) play to that point or b) get so invested they're willing to dump all their currency into making the perfect item.

So basically I don't see it as a problem. The people who seem the most upset about it are, strangely, not the newest players or the lower level ones but the uber veterans who basically already have everything in great quantities and are worried on behalf of the rest of the playerbase. Personally by the time I'd hit the merciless end game I'd spent so much time with PoE I didn't mind spending to get QoL features.

When they put better hit detection or movement abilities actually activating the first time you click them instead of the 3rd, 4th or 10th time, behind a paywall then I'll get salty about paying for QoL features. For trading and making it convenient to store shit loads of currency, it simply isn't that relevant to how I play PoE for me to care.

Nothing wrong that you dont have problems with it, and that you are ready to invest a lot more time in farming  to get at the same point where people that trade and use the tools that the game is designed  and balanced around get to. But, you being ok with how you play doesnt make this less of a problem. You can play the most pay to win crap out there, and be ok with it, its still doesnt make it any better. The video is very good in pointing  that GGG should not put QoL improvements behind a paywall, that are also indirectly pay to have benefit in this game. This are very worrying signs and first steps in wrong direction. I am surprised that they didn't put loot filter also behind a pay wall (knowing what they are doing now). Really not good. Hope this will be the last thing we see from them, but I somewhat doubt it.
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 29, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »

But it's not pay to win. It's "pay to win faster." Pain removal for cash is part of every single F2P out there, and PoE has only really caught up on that front.

Be worried about the slippery slope, that's also fine and normal. But acting as though when the game went from 99% F2P to 95% F2P, it suddenly became P2W. That's disingenuous. They're not selling items for cash. They're not selling experience boosters. In the subset of players who trade their asses off to get the best gear for leagues, it's a game changer. For the average PoE player I don't think it is.

And then there's the guy that bought 90 fucking stash tabs and then balks that suddenly something actually worth the money (what he said he wants rather than $42 suits of armor) arrives and he's complaining because it's something worthwhile that has to be paid for?

In terms of QoL features within the context of PoE, this is minor. It benefits all players to have it, but it doesn't benefit all players equally. You and I will clearly disagree on what's part of PoE's core gameplay. Trading to me is not. To you it is. For me, this isn't adding some new feature that will change the lives of all players. For you it is.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:55:10 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 29, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »

Well Piety in Act 4 disabused me of any ideas about how OP Necromancer is. Sure my horde got her down to half health in probably 8 to 10 seconds. But I think proceeded to die 4 times zerg rushing her to get her the rest of the way because the beam carved up pretty much all my pets in one go.

The end of Act 4 is just seriously balls. I've been taking a friend through the game, trying to get him into it. He was shell shocked after the Malacai fight, even on normal. Died 12 times (while I didn't die at all.) I'm pretty sure he won't be playing again any time soon. He was pretty much at a loss for words after the fight ended. I can't really blame him, I've been there.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 30, 2016, 02:09:24 am »

Nothing wrong that you dont have problems with it, and that you are ready to invest a lot more time in farming  to get at the same point where people that trade and use the tools that the game is designed  and balanced around get to. But, you being ok with how you play doesnt make this less of a problem. You can play the most pay to win crap out there, and be ok with it, its still doesnt make it any better. The video is very good in pointing  that GGG should not put QoL improvements behind a paywall, that are also indirectly pay to have benefit in this game. This are very worrying signs and first steps in wrong direction. I am surprised that they didn't put loot filter also behind a pay wall (knowing what they are doing now). Really not good. Hope this will be the last thing we see from them, but I somewhat doubt it.

It's literally the smallest possible QoL improvement that you 100% can do without if you don't want to pay, and the fact that PoE is such an incredible and free experience means that I really can't fault them.
Sure, it could be a slippery slope, but this has no real impact on the game. I don't think PoE was 'designed or balanced around' having convenient tabs, it's just one of those things that helps if you want to have it. You can't win more by having more tabs.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 30, 2016, 04:43:09 am »

But it's not pay to win. It's "pay to win faster." Pain removal for cash is part of every single F2P out there, and PoE has only really caught up on that front.

Call it how every you want, but its paying with real money for in game benefit. Do you consider that pay to win or not, it's on you. I know there are people that consider  things like exp boosts and item selling (if you can get them also in game ) not pay to win.  And PoE becoming worse and getting on same level like other f2p games is not a thing to be proud of or to defend.

Be worried about the slippery slope, that's also fine and normal. But acting as though when the game went from 99% F2P to 95% F2P, it suddenly became P2W. That's disingenuous. They're not selling items for cash. They're not selling experience boosters. In the subset of players who trade their asses off to get the best gear for leagues, it's a game changer. For the average PoE player I don't think it is.

This is actually like selling items for cash and exp boosts for cash, but just indirectly. Person that pays money will have a lot easier time during trade and getting more currency (it was even talked  about it in the video). With that currency you can get better items, and at the same time get faster exp compared to the person that doesnt pay for this benefits. This is  a problem,. and its getting worse.

And then there's the guy that bought 90 fucking stash tabs and then balks that suddenly something actually worth the money (what he said he wants rather than $42 suits of armor) arrives and he's complaining because it's something worthwhile that has to be paid for?
Normally that he is complaining about it. GGG can also start to directly sell items for cash, so people should not complain about that also that there is something worth to buy? I mean wtf man, you are trying here to defend GGG selling  in game benefits for real cash and people complaining about it, because there is at least something worth buying ? And no matter how small you perceive them they are, or how shitty the other f2p games are(so PoE is catching up), it doesnt make this in anyway good.

In terms of QoL features within the context of PoE, this is minor. It benefits all players to have it, but it doesn't benefit all players equally. You and I will clearly disagree on what's part of PoE's core gameplay. Trading to me is not. To you it is. For me, this isn't adding some new feature that will change the lives of all players. For you it is.
The problem with this is how developer made the game, and they themselves said its core part of the game and the most important part of POE, the economy (i guess you know better than them whats is core part or what not). You can limit your self not using the things how the game was designed and balanced, hack you can add additional limitation like use only blue items and similar if you find it fun, but the fact is, GGG designed the game and balanced it around you trading. Again, you can play the game however you want, its important that you have fun, but how you play, and how the game is designed and balanced are two different things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:48:20 am by miljan »
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 30, 2016, 10:25:34 am »

I know there are people that consider  things like exp boosts and item selling (if you can get them also in game ) not pay to win.

Yeah, that's like Warframe. It treads the line for me. But since it's fair and balanced getting resources and what not (just grindy) it balances out.

And PoE becoming worse and getting on same level like other f2p games is not a thing to be proud of or to defend.

Says the guy that has not yet paid a dime for PoE. You must be one of those guys who thinks F2P games must be 1000% all free, no charges or it's a scam.

This is actually like selling items for cash and exp boosts for cash, but just indirectly. Person that pays money will have a lot easier time during trade and getting more currency (it was even talked  about it in the video).

Yeah, I watched it. The trade obsessed guy says that more tabs = more winning. It's winning faster. He even said that in the video. It's not a binary "win/don't win." If you're so freaking obsessed about PoE and leagues that winning faster just equals winning, I don't know what to tell you, other than to maybe go outside and get some fresh air.

With that currency you can get better items, and at the same time get faster exp compared to the person that doesnt pay for this benefits. This is  a problem,. and its getting worse.

Because OMG, some guy is going to win the race league before you! SO UNFAIR BECAUSE HE HAS MORE CURRENCY SO HE TRADES MORE. Do you even see how that chain of logic is so specific to high-end PoE players that most of the player base won't, and don't, give a shit?

I mean wtf man, you are trying here to defend GGG selling  in game benefits for real cash and people complaining about it, because there is at least something worth buying ?

Dude, it's in his own words. "I'm sick of there being nothing but overpriced cosmetics to buy." Now he has something that isn't an overpriced cosmetic, and he's pissed because it costs money. You can't both have something "worth the money" that also isn't cosmetic. Anything that isn't cosmetic is an in-game benefit. Frankly, and I don't care how pro he is, he sounds like he's bitching just to bitch. He got exactly what he asked for and now he says it sucks. (But of course he already has the currency tab "because someone gifted it to me." Uh huh. The guy who bought 90 stash tabs was going to stand on principle for not getting a currency tab, but still got one anyways.) Stinks like BS to me.

I mean for FFS, stash tabs themselves are an in-game benefit. He "made his peace with that." Guess he's just going to have to "make his peace" with this too. This comes across as entitled fan bitching, draped in the guise of "Oh noes the slippery slopes of muh F2Ps."

The problem with this is how developer made the game, and they themselves said its core part of the game and the most important part of POE, the economy (i guess you know better than them whats is core part or what not).

I don't. But I'm pretty sure the core part of the game is playing the game, not staring at poe.trade all day. As for whether they've said it's the most important part of PoE, I've never read that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:32:44 am by nenjin »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 30, 2016, 10:38:38 am »

I'm surprised it took miljan this long to come shout about the new tab, I'd been expecting him to show up the day or two after tbh, its been almost a week.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 30, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »

Says the guy that has not yet paid a dime for PoE. You must be one of those guys who thinks F2P games must be 1000% all free, no charges or it's a scam.

Did someone payed or not, doesnt  make his argument not correct or of less/bigger value. So yes I can say, as same as people that payed GGG are saying the same thing, like it or not. And i guess you dont have any arguments so the only thing you can post is this.

Yeah, I watched it. The trade obsessed guy says that more tabs = more winning. It's winning faster. He even said that in the video. It's not a binary "win/don't win." If you're so freaking obsessed about PoE and leagues that winning faster just equals winning, I don't know what to tell you, other than to maybe go outside and get some fresh air.

A game doesnt need to be binary win/dont win to be called pay to win. Not obsessed with anything, just posting facts. You on other hand to much obsessed  with defending and trying to post crap like go out side. If you cant provide anything in your posts except troll like bates, than dont post. And also there is nothing that you can tell me, I am just explaining why POE is becoming worse and more pay to win. 

Because OMG, some guy is going to win the race league before you! SO UNFAIR BECAUSE HE HAS MORE CURRENCY SO HE TRADES MORE. Do you even see how that chain of logic is so specific to high-end PoE players that most of the player base won't, and don't, give a shit?

Most player do give a shit, as it's obvious on the amount of post and problems about it on the forum, reddit, videos, including poe top streamers. Its good that you agree that this benefits do work as same as exp boosts and item selling.  But again in your blind defend you are just posting nothing of value. 

Dude, it's in his own words. "I'm sick of there being nothing but overpriced cosmetics to buy." Now he has something that isn't an overpriced cosmetic, and he's pissed because it costs money. You can't both have something "worth the money" that also isn't cosmetic. Anything that isn't cosmetic is an in-game benefit. Frankly, and I don't care how pro he is, he sounds like he's bitching just to bitch. He got exactly what he asked for and now he says it sucks. (But of course he already has the currency tab "because someone gifted it to me." Uh huh. The guy who bought 90 stash tabs was going to stand on principle for not getting a currency tab, but still got one anyways.) Stinks like BS to me.

I mean for FFS, stash tabs themselves are an in-game benefit. He "made his peace with that." Guess he's just going to have to "make his peace" with this too. This comes across as entitled fan bitching, draped in the guise of "Oh noes the slippery slopes of muh F2Ps."

He actually said that he would like to buy a set armor, but because it cost 40$ he does not consider it worth to buy as its to expensive. He is not pissed (it looks like you are more pissed trying to defend this with all caps lock letters and troll bates), he is just pointing out the problems with the implementation of this pay to have benefit and how its pay to win. So even the players that payed money and understands why this is not good and shares very similar thoughts and opinion on this like me. He didnt get what he was asking for (I suggest you to watch the video again as apparently you didn't understand it good if you got that conclusion), as he did not ask for pay to win and QoL behind a pay wall, but a better pricing for visual items, so they can be more worth the money. He comes as person that cares a lot more about the game than you, as he understands why this is bad and will not blindly defend things that are simply bad.

I don't. But I'm pretty sure the core part of the game is playing the game, not staring at poe.trade all day. As for whether they've said it's the most important part of PoE, I've never read that.
GGG consider trading as playing the game if you didnt know.
There are more written posts  about this and podcast where devs talk about it, but i would need more time  to find them all. But this one was easy to find as I remember reading it back than:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
"Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us"

A tip, less trying to defend something in ways like "go out side", you didnt pay so your opinion doesnt matter and similar crap, so you dont look like a blind fanboy. If you can not provide any counter argument to the point in the post, just say you disagree and move on.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:21:54 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 30, 2016, 05:27:37 pm »

If you can not provide any counter argument to the point in the post, just say you disagree and move on.
The same could be said of you, who honestly has sounded like they've repeated the same thing repeatedly by now in defense of claiming p2w on anything GGG has done for trade improvements so far.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 30, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

Don't have the time to reply properly now, will do so later.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:17 pm »

If you can not provide any counter argument to the point in the post, just say you disagree and move on.
The same could be said of you, who honestly has sounded like they've repeated the same thing repeatedly by now in defense of claiming p2w on anything GGG has done for trade improvements so far.
No, it can not. I do not try to make opinions  of others less important depending from did they pay or how much they payed, and especially don't post crap like go out more and similar. I provide information how and why the game is becoming more pay to win, with examples, including the video of people that can explain it a lot better.
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:16 pm »

Did someone payed or not, doesnt  make his argument not correct or of less/bigger value. So yes I can say, as same as people that payed GGG are saying the same thing, like it or not. And i guess you dont have any arguments so the only thing you can post is this.

I think it does, especially when you're going after the "justness" of the fees. I don't think people who don't intend to pay anything really have a stake in the conversation. You're complaining while also being non-contributing, and not even supporting the game. So yeah, compared to supporters, your opinion does mean less to me. If your opinions were sound, I wouldn't even be arguing with you. But they're not. They're buzzwords and butthurt, and you've not contributed yet to the game on top of it.

A game doesnt need to be binary win/dont win to be called pay to win. Not obsessed with anything, just posting facts. You on other hand to much obsessed  with defending and trying to post crap like go out side. If you cant provide anything in your posts except troll like bates, than dont post. And also there is nothing that you can tell me, I am just explaining why POE is becoming worse and more pay to win.

I say "go outside" because your objection to these things is completely out of proportion to what's been done. At which point I suggest going outside to get some perspective. As for me defending the game....I'm more defending it against you basically going to internet buzzwords to make your argument. P2W is easy to claim and it's totally subjective at this point. And PoE is, in the grand scheme of F2P games, the least P2W one out there by a long margin from what I've seen. Maybe you should factor that in before trying to tell me the "truth" from the mountain top. But instead you went "Nope! It's P2W and I'm not going to argue the point. Now agree with me that currency tabs are shit."

Most player do give a shit, as it's obvious on the amount of post and problems about it on the forum, reddit, videos, including poe top streamers. Its good that you agree that this benefits do work as same as exp boosts and item selling.  But again in your blind defend you are just posting nothing of value.

I've been reading the forums. I ain't seeing thread after thread about currency tabs. The PoE forums are full of salt, to boot, and using the forums as a basis for popular opinion has always been a mistake. We're both anecdotally assuming what the player base feels. But right now, if the entire playerbase were collectively losing their shit over it, I'd expect to see an explanation from GGG. I don't. I see more players continually complaining about Perandus and the Lab than I do about the trading situation (other than to say "About time" or "Nice fake Auction House GGG")or the currency stash tab. Maybe I don't know what to look for, but I know gaming forums well enough to know when the fanbase goes on the warpath. The PoE forums, that ain't.

He actually said that he would like to buy a set armor, but because it cost 40$ he does not consider it worth to buy as its to expensive. He is not pissed (it looks like you are more pissed trying to defend this with all caps lock letters and troll bates), he is just pointing out the problems with the implementation of this pay to have benefit and how its pay to win. So even the players that payed money and understands why this is not good and shares very similar thoughts and opinion on this like me. He didnt get what he was asking for (I suggest you to watch the video again as apparently you didn't understand it good if you got that conclusion), as he did not ask for pay to win and QoL behind a pay wall, but a better pricing for visual items, so they can be more worth the money. He comes as person that cares a lot more about the game than you, as he understands why this is bad and will not blindly defend things that are simply bad.

Maybe you should watch the video again yourself. Because he was absolutely complaining about putting QoL behind a paywall, unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. But do go on telling me how wrong I am and "how much more he cares about the game than I do." For someone who acts like they don't care, you use the language of someone who is seriously butthurt about the game.

GGG consider trading as playing the game if you didnt know.
There are more written posts  about this and podcast where devs talk about it, but i would need more time  to find them all. But this one was easy to find as I remember reading it back than:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
"Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us"

A tip, less trying to defend something in ways like "go out side", you didnt pay so your opinion doesnt matter and similar crap, so you dont look like a blind fanboy. If you can not provide any counter argument to the point in the post, just say you disagree and move on.

At least you provided a factual example this time. I stand corrected: GGG does consider trade the most important part of the game.

I still disagree with your overall take on it, but I'm not going to move on when you provide shit examples and one youtube video and say everyone else is wrong. You've got at least two people in the thread telling you you're being a twit about it. But maybe the whole world is just full of shit except for you, right? No way you're blowing this out of proportion, right? No way you and "all the pros who care about PoE so much" are just being overly butthurt, right? Even the guy on the video was level-headed enough to go "Let's assume GGG has a right to make profit." At least he wasn't accusing the game of going P2W, which is basically accusing the developers of being willful, greedy bastards. That's what I really object to. He's got fair points but, like I've seen saying, the highest end PoE players have a different experience than most people, are affected by this differently than most people, and are having a different reactions. His points are decent, but what mattered more to me is that he wasn't being a dick about them (up until the end when he got himself worked up.) And going "GGG is making their game P2W!111" is being a dick about it, to me. That's not fair to them and that's not fair to the game they've provided, to you, for free.

Whatever. Continue to be butthurt, and maybe quit, and I'll continue to enjoy the game as I have since closed beta. Might even buy a currency tab while I'm at it, because I actually support the game instead of just bitching and complaining about it. Might even start selling the three tabs worth of uniques I have sitting around for super cheap just so I can get rid of them. To me all these changes are nothing but advantages I don't feel the need to utilize right now.

The real reason I think GGG did things this way is: if they're going to put in a system where things can be automatically indexed and traded, they need to do something about bot nets and professional cash sellers. Since they don't have the power to actually stop them, the best they can do is earn their dollar on making it possible. Therefore, everything costs. You wanna run a bot net to sell PoE stuff? Well at least GGG is going to make the cost of a premium stash tabs and currency tabs off of it. It's not greed, it's a business reality for games like this. GGG has lots of controls for it already, but making those stash tabs publicly listed opens them up to a whole world of people abusing the system for their own ends. If they can't stop them (because farmers will pay whatever it takes to facilitate maximum trading, the costs do not scare them), the least they can do is profit some from it.

It sucks but that's life for F2P games.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:08:21 pm by nenjin »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 01, 2016, 07:33:55 am »

Hey miljan. Happy April ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 01, 2016, 05:33:57 pm »

I think it does, especially when you're going after the "justness" of the fees. I don't think people who don't intend to pay anything really have a stake in the conversation. You're complaining while also being non-contributing, and not even supporting the game. So yeah, compared to supporters, your opinion does mean less to me. If your opinions were sound, I wouldn't even be arguing with you. But they're not. They're buzzwords and butthurt, and you've not contributed yet to the game on top of it.

I am not commenting "justness" of fees (did you eve read any of my posts at all?). Is something 100$ or 1$ i am not interested. People that dont have to pay anything do have a stake in the conversation. I mean you statment is so out of place, and says a lot about you.  And anyone can post complain and problems the game has. Does he pay or not doesnt matter. Thankful people that also paid post same complaints. No buzzwords, just facts how the game works and the implementation of things.

I say "go outside" because your objection to these things is completely out of proportion to what's been done. At which point I suggest going outside to get some perspective. As for me defending the game....I'm more defending it against you basically going to internet buzzwords to make your argument. P2W is easy to claim and it's totally subjective at this point. And PoE is, in the grand scheme of F2P games, the least P2W one out there by a long margin from what I've seen. Maybe you should factor that in before trying to tell me the "truth" from the mountain top. But instead you went "Nope! It's P2W and I'm not going to argue the point. Now agree with me that currency tabs are shit."
P2W is not a subjective thing. It is defined from do you get benefits from paying real money compared to other people that don't. Yes this is F2P, and its not a excuse to have pay to win crap in it. And also fact is I do not complain about currency tabs. Complains are more about the trade system put behind a pay wall (I didnt post anything about currency tabs, so less assuming and more reading my posts), a system that is very important part of the game. Currency tabs are a lot less of a problems compared to trade stash tabs.

I've been reading the forums. I ain't seeing thread after thread about currency tabs. The PoE forums are full of salt, to boot, and using the forums as a basis for popular opinion has always been a mistake. We're both anecdotally assuming what the player base feels. But right now, if the entire playerbase were collectively losing their shit over it, I'd expect to see an explanation from GGG. I don't. I see more players continually complaining about Perandus and the Lab than I do about the trading situation (other than to say "About time" or "Nice fake Auction House GGG")or the currency stash tab. Maybe I don't know what to look for, but I know gaming forums well enough to know when the fanbase goes on the warpath. The PoE forums, that ain't.

No one here is talking about currency tabs, but trade tabs and mechanic put behind a pay wall, and forum was full of it when they announced it, and also popping  often here and there, like few day ago when this video went live. We are assuming, but my assumption are at least based on the response of the community, both forum and popular streamers, while you on nothing. And also Poe forum are representation of the community, as same as streamers, reedit and similar. All of them are representation of the community. Trying to say it's not is just incorrect. And what community thinks  is directly presented on the forums and other medias where players express their concerns.

Maybe you should watch the video again yourself. Because he was absolutely complaining about putting QoL behind a paywall, unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. But do go on telling me how wrong I am and "how much more he cares about the game than I do." For someone who acts like they don't care, you use the language of someone who is seriously butthurt about the game.

Yes he did complain about putting basic mechanics behind a pay wall. And that's what I said in my post. You even quote it here. "as he did not ask for pay to win and QoL behind a pay wall, but a better pricing for visual items" Not sure what you dont understand. I never said i don't care about the game (again wild assumptions), as apparently I got interested in the game after starting to comment on this thread..

At least you provided a factual example this time. I stand corrected: GGG does consider trade the most important part of the game.

I still disagree with your overall take on it, but I'm not going to move on when you provide shit examples and one youtube video and say everyone else is wrong. You've got at least two people in the thread telling you you're being a twit about it. But maybe the whole world is just full of shit except for you, right? No way you're blowing this out of proportion, right? No way you and "all the pros who care about PoE so much" are just being overly butthurt, right? Even the guy on the video was level-headed enough to go "Let's assume GGG has a right to make profit." At least he wasn't accusing the game of going P2W, which is basically accusing the developers of being willful, greedy bastards. That's what I really object to. He's got fair points but, like I've seen saying, the highest end PoE players have a different experience than most people, are affected by this differently than most people, and are having a different reactions. His points are decent, but what mattered more to me is that he wasn't being a dick about them (up until the end when he got himself worked up.) And going "GGG is making their game P2W!111" is being a dick about it, to me. That's not fair to them and that's not fair to the game they've provided, to you, for free.

Whatever. Continue to be butthurt, and maybe quit, and I'll continue to enjoy the game as I have since closed beta. Might even buy a currency tab while I'm at it, because I actually support the game instead of just bitching and complaining about it. Might even start selling the three tabs worth of uniques I have sitting around for super cheap just so I can get rid of them. To me all these changes are nothing but advantages I don't feel the need to utilize right now.

The real reason I think GGG did things this way is: if they're going to put in a system where things can be automatically indexed and traded, they need to do something about bot nets and professional cash sellers. Since they don't have the power to actually stop them, the best they can do is earn their dollar on making it possible. Therefore, everything costs. You wanna run a bot net to sell PoE stuff? Well at least GGG is going to make the cost of a premium stash tabs and currency tabs off of it. It's not greed, it's a business reality for games like this. GGG has lots of controls for it already, but making those stash tabs publicly listed opens them up to a whole world of people abusing the system for their own ends. If they can't stop them (because farmers will pay whatever it takes to facilitate maximum trading, the costs do not scare them), the least they can do is profit some from it.

It sucks but that's life for F2P games.

I proven factual examples in most of my post, you just dont like them so ignore them. Anyway again wild assumption of comparing two posts on this forum for whole world. Less troll bates and illogical reasoning. There was a uproar of the community when they released the paid stash tab changes. If the game is going in worse direction and more pay to win, no matter who the developer is and no matter is a game free to play, they should be called out on it. Please if you want to continue commenting be sure to read my post, and dont assume things in I guess lack of arguments.

The only good argument you made is about the bot thing so far. Anyway keep playing the game, not sure why you need to post about it and what you will buy, I guess you are too insecure in all this. But again you are acting like a very standard POE fanboy, and this post just confirms that.

Hey miljan. Happy April ;D

The sad thing is, I can expect GGG to implement crap like that in the game, as how much they focus on the economy part of the game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 05:39:15 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 01, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »

I don't consider PoE pay to win, at least if you do not compete on the ladder. But I also do not like that they are implementing very important improvements to the trading system behind microtransaction shop (and I did support the game). People did suggest few ways how GGG can workaround and try to fix this problem.  There really was (is) a big part of PoE community that is little worried with this move.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100