Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 4]  (Read 9516 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 1]
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

Maximin rubs his head, wondering why his violin isn't there.

He wanders off in search of his trusty violin.

Spoiler: Maximin (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [Not first come first serve]
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 08:58:28 pm »

Well, this tavern doesn't look like it would be much fun to wreck- maybe this new ship is worth checking out.

Damien exits the tavern and heads to the docks, spying out the Good Ship Cannon

Spoiler: Damien Wavestrider (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 0]
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »

Spoiler: Sûlfëa Irridan (click to show/hide)

Sûl sat upright and looked to the ceiling in a daze, there was nothing she could see among her possessions, other than her boot knife which she was sure was there, somehow. The ceiling was made of wood and as dirty as ever. She brought a hand to her forehead, trying to make sense of what-in-the-world to do next. Probably trying to quit drinking for one. The three flagons proved their mark.

The Elf stood up, holding the edge of the table to steady herself as she staggered towards the door. It was time to go somewhere else, until she saw the flier.

Firstly, Get Sober. Along the way, she tries to search for a good dagger to stow away for self-defense.

"Yewrist Macfodder, eh?" She saw others pass her outside, after checking the same flier. She shook her head. "To the seas I go, then."

Finally, she tries to follow the nearest trustworthy being that seems to be heading in the direction of what was stated in the flier.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
TURN 2-SHUT UP AND HIRE US
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

Naverre goes captain hunting. [5] Well he's right **there** of course! He's a fairly strong looking dwarf with iron armour and a musket. He has a crowd of about half a dozen near him-good thing he's stood on a barrel.

Axl follows Naverre. [4] Oh look a Rusty Dagger. Axl grabs it eagerly, an impish grin spreadin across his face.

Foxbeard goes incognito loot hunting. [5] Ooh look a pair of gold coins. Whelp, waste not want not. Foxbeard nabs them.

Maximin goes violin hunting. [5] Whelp there it is no intricate subplot here move along please thank you.

Damien loks for the Good Ship Cannon. [4] The Good Ship Cannon looks like a standard trading ship. Nothing unusual there.

Sulfea also attempts to locate McFodder. [6-1] He's where he should be. You get to hear his speech now.

Urist McFodder attempts to give a speech. [6] "Hello, good citizens, I-" "SHUT UP AND HIRE US" "Fine, I'll hire you you you you you aaaaand you." With saying those last words, he had managed to point at all of the main characters. "Everyone else can be the redshirts-" Urist is interupted as everyone boards his ship. "Well, are you coming or not?" He addresses the newly hired leaders.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:46:47 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 2]
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 03:53:46 pm »

So... I got a violin?

"I GOT A VIOLIN! YES!"

Maximin finds his nice violin and puts it in its case, which is slung over himself.
He then goes to wherever Naverre might be.

Spoiler: Maximin (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 1]
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »

Navarre looks at the crowd and starts to emmit a rumbling sound from his throat. He is not very fond of crowds, specially ones composed of people smelling of cheap alcohol and bodies only washed when an eclipse happened. He covered his sensitive nose and was about to enter the ship when he remembered he should look for something first.

Navarre searches for a cutlass lost amidst the confusion and picks it up before boarding the ship. If he can't find any on the ground, he asks for one at the ship.

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:22:09 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »

Damien boards the ship, inspecting the quality of the redshirts crew!

((I'll be without internet for the next couple days- I should return Sunday night.))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

Foxbeard hand selects his minicrew out of whomever looks the fastest, and looks about for some form of cutlass- aiming for a light sword with good reach, really. A trader has tough standards.

"Listen up, if you want to work under me, stand over there. I'm only taking a small group of ye, and my only requirement is that ye be faster'n a schooner in a windstorm. Pay's good enough, I suppose. Don't mind the tails, I ain't be the chef in these parts.

Now get in a line and run to the bow 'n back, the first 6 or so to make it get the jobs.

Nikolai also looks for anything to arm his crew with, preferring blades over firearms for their simplicity and speed. A stick would be better than a crude gun, but a fancy flintlock might get nabbed- a trader has to look his best.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 09:51:10 pm »

((I can't get a 5 and get a dagger, just listen and find the guy? D:))

Sûl just shrugged, climbing aboard the ship and pushing her way past the others, her mood wasn't one that described her at the moment. "I'm taking the helm. If you have any weapons, I'd take a cutlass. And a flute."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:53:21 pm by Tiruin »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
TURN 3-CREW UP AND IN
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

Maximin tails Navarre. [3] He takes the time to notice that most of the crew seems relatively untrained. Good thing they're redshirts.

Navarre looks for a cutlass. [6] He spots a decent one, but so does a redshirt! [3] The redshirt, unsure of himself, throws a hasty punch! [5] Navarre dodges, grabs the cutlass and boards the ship! The Cutlass (+1 Melee) is his!

Damien examines his crew. [5] For a ragtag crew, they seemed armed well enough, with small knives and the odd cutlass.

Foxbeard tries to make his own crew. [6-1] Yeah he has an army of ten with him now. [5] They have about 50 gold between them-enough to buy a medi-low end ship and some small change. What will they do with it I know not. [4] A few od knives are scattered about, so they have some form of armanents...

Sulfea goes to the helm. [1 (Can't decide which bonus is applicable, so neither)] You know those old cartoons where stepping on loose floorboards planted them into your face? That's an accurate anology of Sulfea's attempt to board the helm. [2] She now has some Light Bleeding (Get 3 LBs and you get Medium Bleeding.).

Axl automagically boards the ship. [3] Nothing of interest happens.

McFodder boards his ship. [4] It looks to be a good day for setting sail.

The redshirts also board the ship. [5] Some more show up, two or three with muskets!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 04:22:50 pm »

That makes me military division leader, I guess. All right, pay scale is simple. There's ten o' ye. 20% of the loot I get goes to ye, that's 2% per person. That's a damn good price considerin' what me old cap'n' used to pay me.

Foxbeard attempts to find room 'n' board for his crew, not much caring for quality. He searches for his own room separate from the rest (He will take the better of the two room finding rolls, if I can roll two searches.

((Really loving that -1. I did not need an army, just a crew))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:45:18 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »

((Will you warn us when those status modifiers, such as bleeding and headache, are lifted?))

Navarre grins while rolling the hilt of the cutlass around his fingers. A very good weapon for free, and although it is not as good as a dagger in the fine art of being stuck into someone's throat, the saber is better in direct combat. Now he just needed something to take care of the ranged combat problem.

Navarre looks for a good musket or blunderbuss in the armory of the ship, evading and dodging any idiot who tries to prevent him from doing so. Finding one or not, he curls up on a corner of the wooden floor and prepares to take a nap as a dog would do, unless the captain has something else to talk about with the crew. He is used to harder floors.

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:44:42 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

((I'm unarmed, and useless! It's like all my other RTDs combined! D:))

Find a damn dagger!

Massage wounded area to alleviate pain!

Take the Helm once more!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2012, 02:35:33 am »

Turn ship upside-down in search of mechanizable/SCIENCEable material.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2012, 09:05:01 am »

Turn ship upside-down in search of mechanizable/SCIENCEable material.
((I'd be astounded if you really did turn the whole ship upside-down. I wonder if everyone can swim?  :P))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6