Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 4]  (Read 9513 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 0]
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »

((Wow, I get no bonuses from the start. This bides no good...))

Take out my violin from hammerspace and play the Ode to Correct Names.

"My name is Maximin!"

Spoiler: Maximin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:11:19 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:08 pm »

Damien points out the sign to the bartender. "Hey, who the bloody hell is this Urist McFoder chap?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:41 pm »

Navarre supresses his urge to punch Maximin's face and puts his hands over his dog ears. Cacofonix?

He also smells himself. No, he is not smelly, he is actually cleaner than all the humans he knows.

The dog-man then goes to check the flier. And get further information at the docks.

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:55:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »

((Why did you name me after a robot character from other RtD? My character's name is Navarre Adhel D:))
Then where did I-

...Dafuq, brain?

PPE: Also, reminder-everryone needs to look after their own sheets because you will do it a lot better than I will.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

((Agh, damn. Would it be worth finishing my character sheet anyways?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 05:46:11 pm »

((Didn't get in...Ah well. Will continue to watch.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 07:11:12 pm »

Foxbeard downs another rum.

"Well, that's finally working. I can think straight now."
After taking in his surroundings, Foxbeard addresses his fellow adventurers.
'We could use a ship. Nice group of people here, if no one objects, we could scout out this job... Or we could try something a bit more daring."

"In the mean time, we could always learn about the town, recent events, and the like. Always good to know what's around ye.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »

Spoiler: Sûlfëa Irridan (click to show/hide)

Sûl looked around at the others, there were five of them in all in this deserted backwater tavern other than the barkeep and the other wenches and the like. She then returned her head to it's rightful position - resting on her hands, she could feel depression kicking in after staring at the now-empty flagons in front of her.

Her crew wouldn't miss her, they had better things to do. She failed them, as did her Captain before her so what did she care? She then took the effort to look around her, the other patrons were nothing but men.

Always, men.

She returned to her original position, with her upper body slumped over the table. Silently examining herself for her belongings and keeping quiet, listening to the gab of the rest. She hoped her boot knife was still in it's respective position if they had any ideas. They looked as drunk as...she was. She could even make out animalistic features on the rest.

Yep, drunk.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:40:53 am by Tiruin »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 03:11:22 am »

Oh k'rchwtlwl fthagn. Damn. More booze than Axl could both pay for and take. Less body weight meant less alcohol needed to get drunk and therefore less...
Augh, no no nonono. Well, less money to pay would come in handy. But he was already penniless.
Waaait... oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. Coming to see it that way a lot of those people here were even more messed up than he was. Advantage...? A way to not pay the tab, too... piracy, hehehehehe... yo ho ho, and a shot of rum for him.
Axl hated himself when he was drunk, but even moreso when he was sober. At least people were generally embarassing when drunk.

Get drunk a bit more. Read the flyer. Laugh at the cannon fodder pun, decide to sign up anyways. After all, what could be any worse than right now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 05:42:31 am »

Foxbeard gets just a little more drunk.

"Why don't we steal a ship? No use if this guy has a nice one, but it's an early start."

((I'll post my page when I'm on my laptop, cant on a 3DS.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012, 08:33:54 am »

Foxbeard gets just a little more drunk.

"Why don't we steal a ship? No use if this guy has a nice one, but it's an early start."

"Och that depends on so many factors it's making my head hurt. Could also steal the thing once onboard, kick the captain overboard, assume direct control and such. When we take over in port it might cause some fuss... Eurgh, I feel like throwing up."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
TURN 1-NOTHING OF INTEREST HAPPENS
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012, 01:15:09 pm »

Maximin attempts to pull a violin from thin air. [1] He creates a temporal vortex... which promptly blows up in his face! [6] He rolls out of the way, but bashes his head on a nearby stool and gets a Small Headache (-1 to Hard Thinking).

Damien inquires about Urist McFodder. [4] "Oh, just a sailor." The bartender responds, "Comes in, sells stuff, buys stuff, leaves again. Seems like a nice chap, really."

Naverre tries to gather more information from a flier. [3] ...The handwriting is good quality ink, but other than that, he can't tell anything.

Sulfea sits there and does nothing of interest. [4-1] Yep nothing of interest to here.

Axl gets more drunk. [2] He should probably stop now...

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 1]
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:49 pm »

Navarre stares at the flier. Staaaaare. The flier is not very helpful, and Navarre decides to check the docks and search for the captain himself, even if he has to do it alone.

Navarre sets off to search for the captain at the docks.

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:49:09 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »

"Wrtgasmfweaqrgiagmwlgmlgrr ah fine you win."

Follow Navarre like the inebriated zombie I am. Use remaining brain cells to get less inebriated.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

"Aye, the man is a trader you say? No trader I ever heard of that treated his crew badly."

Foxbeard, now out of rum, follows Navarre. He hangs back a bit from the group, mostly keeping his eyes to the ground. Most people see him and ignore him because "yes he's not human", but "no he dosen't look intimidating". He's actually looking for anything someone may have dropped on the way to the pier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:48:57 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6