Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [TURN 4]  (Read 9512 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirate's World ARRRRRRTD! [Not first come first serve]
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »

Also, bump for the people who haven't yet posted their sheets, the GM is probably starting tomorrow.

awesome

by the way, are you imagining your character to be more of a lycanthrope or a cynocephalus?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:23:30 pm »

Spoiler: Maximin (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

Posted my sheet, though Magnifique's bio is half-way done.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:35 pm »

I don't even care if this did start already this is too fun of a sheet to pass up.

Name: Nikolai Degyatrev (Everyone just calls him Foxbeard the Clever.)
Race: Kitsune (2-Tails, he's a fox-person. He could pass as a human, if he could hide the tails.)
Skills: Saying "Arr"
Inventory: 5 Gold
Bio:
He's a Kitsune, from the eastern seas. He's got a whole extra pair of fox ears, and two fox tails. While his particular race isn't common in most places, they're generally accepted due to the wandering traders of his kind.

He used to work on a ship from the East, a simple trade ship. The crew was good enough at defense to repel weaker pirates, and the Quicksilver became a high-value target among powerful pirates. Eventually, a group of pirates managed to sink the Quicksilver, leaving Nikolai adrift. He eventually washed ashore in a small lumber town, and sought to become a pirate himself, wanting to get vengeance for his old boat. He changed his name to what little he could come up with on short notice, "Foxbeard", and let the others add to it. He lost all nearly all of his gold purchasing what he'd need to become part of the crew, the drinks for the night before setting sail, and the card game that barely left him with clothing.

His main mission is to seek out revenge on the attackers of the Quicksilver, but as a natural-born trader, he loves good loot and is always ready for an adventure to get it. He's calm around most people, and unless provoked, can be quite friendly. He's also got a very pirate-like love for all things alcoholic, his favorite way of showing friendship is buying a round of beer.

He's wearing common leather clothes and a cloth undershirt. His hair/fur is brown, his tails have a white tip. He's wearing a necklace of some sort with a piece of warped driftwood instead of a jewel. His boots are common leather.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:34:47 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

by the way, are you imagining your character to be more of a lycanthrope or a cynocephalus?
Nah. By "dogman" imagine a mostly human creature, just sporting ears, tail and some other random canine features. There it is.

Although he lacks a proper "dog face", he still has a lot of dog habits (no territorial pissings...I guess). And is very prone to roaring and acting a little feral, especially because he is deeply traumatized due to having to fend off and do what it took (no matter how sick) for him to survive in a region where half-breeds are...not very welcome. He does not trust people, and is always ready and attentive to stick the nearest bladed object into someone's neck if needed or bite them with his oversized canines, getting as far as tearing chunks of their throat off.

Oh God, how do I love making troubled characters. Even the one that was supposed to be normal turned out to be crazy.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:56:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »

And I'm supposed to be his friend! :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:29 pm »

Nah. By "dogman" imagine a mostly human creature, just sporting ears, tail and some other random canine features. There it is.

Although he lacks a proper "dog face", he still has a lot of dog habits (no territorial pissings...I guess). And is very prone to roaring and acting a little feral, especially because he is deeply traumatized due to having to fend off and do what it took (no matter how sick) for him to survive in a region where half-breeds are...not very welcome. He does not trust people, and is always ready and attentive to stick the nearest bladed object into someone's neck if needed or bite them with his oversized canines, getting as far as tearing chunks of their throat off.

Oh God, how do I love making troubled characters. Even the one that was supposed to be normal turned out to be crazy.

Me too. Disturbed is more fun.

But my real question is, even though I'd be a more... accepted "half" breed (More of a youkai, a humanoid monster), do I still need to keep my eyes open around you/him? I'm assuming no considering I don't plan on being a complete jackass yet, but... we'll see?
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »

@Tsuchigumo: From your description, I think Navarre may actually look more human than your kitsune (or be around the same level of looks). He is a little like the male and dog version of a typical catgirl. The most obvious animal features are his bigger, pointy canines, his set of perked dog ears atop his head and his furry tail. He does not like if anyone touches him, but that aside, he is pretty good to deal with. He may be unpredictable because of the conflict between his good old times and the rest of his life roaming the exterior world.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:26 pm »

This is going to be fun, I can sense it.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 02:02:28 am »

God damnit spend less effort on your character sheets, I want to have a chance too ;/
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 04:49:53 am »

I wish this would start faster! Although I have no idea if I'm getting in or not...Still, pirate time!

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 05:39:31 am »

I must admit this does get me excited.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:19 am »

God damnit spend less effort on your character sheets, I want to have a chance too ;/

He hasn't chosen yet.  :P

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
TURN 0-AND THEN THERE WERE SIX
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »

Six people sit at the bar in the tavern known as the Sober Dwarf. Their names are Harbinger, the dog human thing, Sulfea, the elf who's accents were tossed into the ocean, Foxbeard, the kirsune who failed the spot check, Maxinim, the human who needs less booze right now, Axl, the goblin who is currently seated upon the bar itself for height, and Damien, the bog-standard adventurer.

Harbinger's dog-half comes in handy sometimes-he is rather Agile (+1 to anything agility-related, from ladder climbing to escaping giant fish maws), but some find his appearence and smell Offputting (-1 to social interaction).

Sulfea, being a SEA Elf, has a natural affinity with the sea, almost bordering on Waterbound (+1 to all rolls above or in the seas), but has left her little in the way of managing on solid flooring-perhaps she is Grounded (-1 to all rolls on dry land).

Foxbeard, sporting two tails, can actually be quite useful, and can probably get in an Extra Punch (Gets a free second attack in melee combat using tails). However, the tails, much like Harbinger's, are somewhat Offputting (-1 to social interaction).

Maxinim is a human. Thing is, humans are very bog standard and don't get bonuses.

Axl is a goblin, one of the good things about Goblins is that they are very Tech Savvy (+1 to any rolls involving mechanics). His size, however, means that he is extremely Weak (-1 to melee combat).

Damien is a bog-standard adventurer and so gets a bog-standard no-bonus-for-you treatment.

So the 6 are in the Sober Dwarf, when a smaller-than-usual dwarf walks in, hammer, nails and flier in hand. He nails the notice to the bar, much to the ignorance of the bartender, and leaves. The notice reads "Captain Urist McFoder is looking for new recruits to sail the world on the Good Ship Cannon. All interested should report to the doccks ASAP. Thank you."

What will the group do?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »

((Why did you name me after a robot character from other RtD? My character's name is Navarre Adhel D:))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6