Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90

Author Topic: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@  (Read 118395 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis! ~{~~(@
« Reply #1305 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:21 pm »

OOC: Why let the game languish? :P

The Kathryn Lynch Files

Spoiler: Case 113/Locusts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:35:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 24, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »

Giving Weird ideas! Nooooooooo...

But, in all seriousness, that's pretty good.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 25, 2012, 08:05:49 am »

What's a good idea? Letting it languish? Or not doing so?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 25, 2012, 10:09:38 am »

The idea of a secret organization of mercs that want to go Wikileaks on the secret of magic.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 26, 2012, 06:14:59 pm »

I said all along that I wouldn't touch this on vacation. I wanted to get All-Stars off the ground without worrying about this. I will spit out the turn tomorrow, and perhaps do a session as well.

This was intended to be a summer project. If I'm doing 2-3 turns and a session a week it can get very time consuming for me. School starts Tuesday, so I will likely have to go one turn a week tops. If we can't get replacements for both Tar and D I'll likely give this game a proper last-stand style finale some time soon.

Honestly I'm not particularly optimistic about this games chances of lasting much longer, but I'm willing to keep trucking as long as I have 4 players and a host. If we make it through the Semester (Sometime in mid December) I will likely end or suspend this game at that point before it gets stale.

There is also a chance that I may serve as assistant GM for a PTA game run by Felius, or CO GM a GURPS Kobold game with him. So keep your eyes open for that.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:39:53 pm by Weirdsound »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 26, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »

It was a good run.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 27, 2012, 01:36:24 pm »

So are we going to still have a session tonight, WS?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 27, 2012, 01:50:31 pm »

Nah. I should have a turn out in several hours though. With Tar in GM mode and nothing from Haika in terms of character sheet that only leaves three of us. I don't like running with three. I'll keep doing forum turns until such a time when/if we get up to four players or I call it quits.

Also, even if the player count does get back up to where I want it, I think we will need to find a new timeslot. I have my personal trainer on Monday Nights now so we would be starting an hour and a half late, and I have to get up early on Tuesday. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on the bus heading back from campus at start time, so that is no good.

I love this game Dwar. Its the best one I've ever run. But it is also the one requiring the most work to keep going. Way more work than PTA. I will have to slow it down for the school semester however. I think I'll try to do one turn a week, and a session every other week, likely on a Friday Night or a Mon or Wed late morning/afternoon slot.

Any updates on your situation D? Because when/if we lose you, and we don't have another character, I do think I will have no other option but to call this quits. If it happens abruptly, I do hope you can take the effort and find a connection long enough for me to do a finale and end this properly. This deserves to go out with a bang, not a fizzle.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 27, 2012, 01:53:04 pm »

I'll know at the end of this month-about 3 days-how much I'm going to be out for. It'll probably be pretty hectic for the next entire month as we pack up all our stuff and move. I honestly don't know for sure until then.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:58 pm »

What do you mean finale? Like? A big boss battle? Or like wrapping up the hanging story lines?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 27, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

What do you mean finale? Like? A big boss battle? Or like wrapping up the hanging story lines?

To many hanging story lines for me to wrap them all up in one night. Expect more of the former than the latter.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 27, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »

Adrian:

You wake up in the morning intent on working on your plans today, and perhaps upgrading your weapon some more. During breakfast however you get a call from Moonbeam, who explains she found a nice house on a lake in a distant realm.

She explains that a portal from earth will put you within 150 miles of her place. Sadly said portal is located in a synagogue in Sarajevo, all the way in eastern europe. You quickly announce to the table that you will be leaving shortly with Dai for your honeymoon, and set about making preparations.

Finding a flight to the Balkans is a bit tricky, but you eventually book one that connects through Newark that leaves in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. You then pay Kestrel for the name of somebody who can fake up some papers for your wife on short notice. He also hooks you up with the contact info of a Witch he used to bang who lives in Sarajevo, who could sell you magic broomsticks to make it from the portal to Moonbeams house.

You spend the day frantically packing and preparing, and at 2:00 AM you board a plane with your wife eager to start the next chapter of your life.

Kathryn:

You find the news that Dai is leaving to be particularly disturbing. She had promised to lend her expertise on Dragon Hybrids to help you raise your son, but now her husband is scooping her away.

It is difficult to concentrate on the book by Sarah the Blue for any length of time today. You feel compelled to check on Oliver every 10 minutes or so. Even with a full day of on and off effort you find yourself unable to walk away with any significant information. 1d80+8 = 21 + 8 = 29

Dai eventually approaches you and apologies for leaving. She implores you to show mercy to her family when dealing with them, and hints that with her leaving the realm a peaceful solution might be possible. She also explains that despite being forced to follow their fathers orders, most of her siblings love and respect Dai, and might be willing to fufill her promise to help with Oliver in her stead.

Henry approaches you in the late afternoon and you talk him into taking you out for a night on the town, at his expense.

Henry:

You try for hours, but for some reason cannot get your golem animation spell to work. After a very near miss involving an explosion you decide to give up. You learn later that Molly had spiked your mixture for making magic circles with brown sugar... 1d80+6 = 4 + 6 = 10

Kestrel breaks the bad the bad news that your target is not currently in the realm. Tracking people outside the realm is not Kestrel’s speciality, but he does inform you that Luke Prowler should be back in town the day after tomorrow, and that you should ask then. (-300 USD for Kestrel) 1d80+4 = 14 + 4 = 18

With nothing better to do you decide to hang with Kathryn, who manages to talk you into taking her out on a date. You enjoy dinner, a movie, and a few very expensive drinks with her. (-423 USD)

Ariel:

After breakfast you claim one of the holding cells in the basement and set to work trying to master the Liches Black Lightning spell. Sadly despite your best efforts, you fail to make a breakthrough today. You decide to blame the stagnant air inside the basement cell, and head upstairs to research recipes. 1d80+8 = 13 + 8 = 21

In the comfort of your own room you set about pursuing the Dark Mages cookbook. You quickly come across a recipe that would be very useful to you in battle, and that has a baking component. You bookmark the page before opening the next book. (New Recipe: Wafer of the Grave) 1d80+4 = 70 + 4 = 74

Saucy Spheres is more survival oriented. Most of the recipes within are simple foodstuff, and none of them call for anything as complex as an oven. Until you reach the chapter on the fire realm that is, which includes plans for building complex heat sources from the surroundings and recipes that call for them. After hours of combing you find the recipe for a healing salve that calls for baking. (New Recipe: Healing Salve from Fire Realm Ingredients) 1d80+4 = 73 + 4 = 77

You get a call from the owner of the Cursed Basement, who reports that his hunters have completed the job, and there is a fresh dire swan corpse waiting for you, as well as updated stock. He recommends renting a truck or some other large vehicle to pick your trophy up and haul it back to the manor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 27, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »

So, I totally need a magic essence condenser and some dead people. Then, delicious cookies will be mine. Also, I need to head to the Cursed Basement. And that party. Sounds like a day full of corpses!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 28, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »

Annnd nobody else posts.  :'(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 28, 2012, 07:26:37 pm »

Uh...uh...uh

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90