Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47822 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noticed one thing, for a 5 on this module:
290/290 < my power.

ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX

That is a lot of power needed to lower the accuracy.  :P

Just asking for a d10 to lower accuracy (for how many rounds/turns?) will sap a huge amount of my power.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Ah well.
Roll 1: Razor-sharp wings, melee weapon. Can only be used as part of diving. Damage is proportional to speed, can damage me if used at too low speed. Since it is unusable without diving, some nice stats are expected. ^_^ Yay for minmaxing!

Everyone except Ebbor, please look at some puppies before reading the two following entries.

Roll 2: EMfP, upgraded version (guess what 'f' stands for ;)). Signal dampener effect applies by default (i.e. I can't shoot myself). Everyone hit gets his speed reduced by 15%*d6 (see? not even full stop! totally justifies the signal dampener effect ^_^). People within 20 tiles who roll sufficiently bad get -1 dodge. I'd like not too high an energy cost, but an ability to fire only every 3-4 turns.
Roll 3: Sonic destabilizer. Range 20, the target gets a penalty to dodge and armor. Can only be fired every 2-3 turns.

Also, do we get no armor at all unless we specifically roll for it?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:28:51 am by Dariush »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

I changed my mind, I want a faraday cage for all my defense rolls

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

EMP!

Not again!

D:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Time to get a deadman bomb as my special and ram Dariush!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Maybe I'll bring in the EMP amplifier back. :P

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed my mind, I want a faraday cage for all my defense rolls
EMP!

Not again!

D:
Time to get a deadman bomb as my special and ram Dariush!
I knew you guys would love it. :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wait, so what happened? You promised me a free form reroll as part of the first roll. :(
I kinda forgot that. Gimme a moment.

Also, unless rolled for, armor and dodge are a d2? You can give a special twist to your armor/dodge though. Adwarf has a reflector shield, for example.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:22:20 am by 10ebbor10 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

My armor is just a flavorized standard armor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Defense 1: Armor armor everywhere!
Defense 2: But ESPECIALLY the Power Core!
Defense 3: If either of the above is less than 3, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Laser Eyes

dem 2's man
Is that a powercore reroll, or are you just armoring it?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Defense 1: Armor armor everywhere!
Defense 2: But ESPECIALLY the Power Core!
Defense 3: If either of the above is less than 3, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Laser Eyes

dem 2's man
Is that a powercore reroll, or are you just armoring it?
I'm not Monk, but I assume it's armoring, since he doesn't say anything about rerolling.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I'm just making sure.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

yep, Roll 1 is Armor Everything, while roll 2 is Armor the Powercore specifically.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn Three: Raise the shields

Player name: adwarf
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: The Destructor
Stats:
(-2 armor)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 50/50 E(20-40 regen)]
Engine: [20/20 hp| Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20+5, Max Speed:80]
Automated Drone Defense net: [8/8 ammo, d6 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield:[d6+2 armor, 20 energy use. On a succesfull deflect has a 50% chance to rebound the attack to a random player]

[5]Defense systems: Automated Drone Defense Net - Several mini drones are stored within The Destructor, these drones are armed with mid-caliber AP rounds for shooting down incoming missiles, and providing covering fire for the vehicle itself.
[5]Defense systems: Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield - Using a weapons kinetic force against it this shield launches incoming fire out in a random direction, this shield has a high energy cost, but easily reflects weaponry.
[5]Defense systems: Use this to reroll either if they get below a four. If both roll a four or above then reroll my lowest weapon roll
(Nice rolls)

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 290/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
Iridium armor: d6 armor
Regenerative nanites: [Uses 20 energy, Heals 0-3 hp on a succesfull search roll.]
Defensive matrix: d7 dodge
ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX
Spoiler: Firelash rockets (click to show/hide)
[4]Defense Roll 1:  Iridium Plating - Armor from fallen 'stars', designed for speed while acting as a flexible weave around all parts of the Banshee, able to disperse any incoming projectiles and even special attacks, if structured correctly.

[5]Defense Roll 2:  Regenerative Nanites - Nanotechnology, the epitome of science. With this, Iridium Plate is further strengthened from enemy fire, able to consume worn out debris and other material to repair itself. It obviously relies on power, but with the advancements and refinements in it's creation, it may be able to strengthen a module's armor if designed well enough.

[5]Defense Roll 3: If any of the above are lower than 4, reroll and take the higher number. Otherwise:
Defensive Matrix - Add-on armor, matching the sleek styles of archaic aviation. This matrix weave is mostly made to aid maneuverability of aircraft, to easily evade any incoming projectiles and to make those 'Aerial Ace' movements depicted in history much easier. Fortunately, if these schematics are followed right (5 or more), then it adds to 'health' of all modules available. (nah, you're not getting and a dodge roll and a hp increase. Actually , you're not getting a hp increase.)

Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:20]
Light armor: D5+1 armor. +5 to speed (Bonusses are already acounted for)
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d6 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender.]
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hydra missiles (click to show/hide)
-Defense systems: Re-roll Grenade Launcher [1]
-Defense systems: Light armor, keep the speed high, but add a bit of armor.[4]
-Defense systems: Point Defense Turret.[5]

Player name: Connor Hasbin
Vehicle name: The Armadillo MK2
(+2 to armor, +5 to engine power use)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:35, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:50]
Land/Sea armor: d10+2. Increases reactor energy use.
Point defense turret: [8/8 ammo, d8 defense roll, Returns Dodge roll-Acc roll damage to sender. Air only]
Camouflage: d2 dodge roll
Spoiler: Flak cannon (click to show/hide)
[6]Defense Roll 1: Angled side armour. The Armadillo sports heavy armour angled for maximum protection against Land/Sea attacks. Given the chance (aka, a high roll) the Armadillo will use more energy to race for even greater armour.

[5]Defense Roll 2: Mini-missile air defense system. A replica of the incredibly successful MK1 version, this fires mini-missiles to target incoming projectiles from the air, whilst having electro-magnetic properties that destablises energy weapons on impact.    Ammo based air defense.

[1]Defense Roll 3: If one of the previous rolls roll less than 4 re-roll. If both roll less than 4, re-roll the lowest. If they're the same, re-roll Angled Side Armour. If none of that apply: Camoflage. Learning from the last race, being able to avoid enemy fire completely is a useful thing to have. The Armadillo, though, is not particularly agile, so instead, confuses the enemy/electronics with a basic camoflage coating, giving a dodge roll.

Player name: Dariush the Madder
Vehicle name: WorldConq II Mk.1
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:70]
-Altitude change: I can rise higher for N*10 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 10*N.  Raised dodge by N but lowers Acc by N.  (-5%*N speed debuff during flight)
-Dive: I lower myself by N*10 meters and increase speed by N. Costs 5*N.
-Razor sharp wings: Does damage equal to speed/3(Cap:20). Targets dodge and armor roll are subtracted from this. If the result is negative, apply damage to user.
-EMP: Reduces speed by 15%*d6. Uses 40 energy. Can be used every 4 turns.
-Sonic destabilizer: Range:20 Target gets a -1 to armor and dodge. Every 3 turns. (10 energy use)
Spoiler: Laser turret (click to show/hide)
-[4]Roll 1: Razor-sharp wings, melee weapon. Can only be used as part of diving. Damage is proportional to speed, can damage me if used at too low speed. Since it is unusable without diving, some nice stats are expected. ^_^ Yay for minmaxing!
-[5]Roll 2: EMfP, upgraded version (guess what 'f' stands for ). Signal dampener effect applies by default (i.e. I can't shoot myself). Everyone hit gets his speed reduced by 15%*d6 (see? not even full stop! totally justifies the signal dampener effect ^_^). People within 20 tiles who roll sufficiently bad get -1 dodge. I'd like not too high an energy cost, but an ability to fire only every 3-4 turns.
-[3]Roll 3: Sonic destabilizer. Range 20, the target gets a penalty to dodge and armor. Can only be fired every 2-3 turns.

Player name:  Toaster
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Modules
(-1 to dodge)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d50, Max Speed:70]
Shrödinger shield: d6 dodge. 5 Energy use
Imovable object armor: d6 armor
Unstopable force device: Any taken damage results in a speed increase equal to 2* damage. (Going over max speed requires a d6 roll to prevent you from barreling into something).
Paradoxal Stunner: Energy use: 50. Range: 40. Target rolls d6. (1-2: Speed -20, 3-4: -10, 5-6: 0)
Spoiler: Theseus Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Grandfather Cannon (click to show/hide)

Defense Roll 1:  The Schrödinger Shield:   A quantum generator projects a field of particles that show elements of being both energy and matter around the craft.  This shield protects against attacks by ensuring the craft is sometimes simply not even there.[3]

Defense Roll 2:  Immovable Object Armor:  Should the waveform collapse and the Paradox be there, the armored shell is designed to be completely immovable, causing any projectile to fail to penetrate to vitals.[4]

Defense Roll 3:  The Unstoppable Force Device:  In the belly of the Paradox lies a device that reacts to any damage caused by attacks that manage to bypass the previous two systems.  It takes any force generated by taken damage, and converts it directly to forward momentum- bypassing the engine entirely.[6]

Name: Sky King
Vehicle Name: Cincinnati
Bio: Having won the first Death Race, Monk changed his name to Sky King, and now seeks to add a new moniker- Horse Lord!
(Jetboost: Uses 100 energy. Produces a 20 speed boost and allows the Cincinnati to fly.)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(35 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:25, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:30]
Armor: D8 armor. Hard to repair though
Powercore armor: adds a +3 armor bonus to any attack directed at the core.
Spoiler: Laser Eyes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ORAL FLAMETHROWER (click to show/hide)

[5]Defense 1: Armor armor everywhere!
[1]Defense 2: But ESPECIALLY the Power Core!
[3]Defense 3: If either of the above is less than 3, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Laser Eyes

Player name: Jim Hawkes
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
Stats:
(+1 armor,-5 arceleration. Overcharge: Route power from the engines to a single weapon system. (Engine offline that turn. +2 to damage.))
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(0-60 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d10-5, Max Speed:10]
Armor: D8 Hard to repair
Engine armor: Gives a +5 to any attack rolls directed at the engine
Energy shield: d5 dodge: 20 energy use
Spoiler: Eartshaker missile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Autocannons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plasma gun (click to show/hide)
[5]Defense 1: Needs moar armor
[5]Defense 2: Armor plating around the engine
[1]Defence 3: An energy sheild that blocks non-kenetic weapons

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

-Defense systems: Re-roll Grenade Launcher [1]
What the HELL RNG?

-Special: Rocket Booster
-Special: Mines
-Special: Repair Nanobots