Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47793 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

...But then what's the point of aggressive driving if it only gives a -2 to dodge?

You totally confused me. When do I not pay upkeep costs? How do I turn engine off?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

...But then what's the point of aggressive driving if it only gives a -2 to dodge?

You totally confused me. When do I not pay upkeep costs? How do I turn engine off?
It gives a bonus to your arceleration that turn.

You don't pay update costs when you tell me you deactivated the engine.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much of a bonus?

So, if my engines are running, regardless of the driving mode chosen, I pay my upkeep and get the respective acceleration bonus. Correct?

If so, what can I do when my engines are turned off? All the same stuff, but I get no acceleration and -25% speed per turn, right? Are aggressive and defensive drivings also impossible?

If all of the above was correct, will I be able to do either of my attitude-changing actions with engines turned off?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

How much of a bonus?

So, if my engines are running, regardless of the driving mode chosen, I pay my upkeep and get the respective acceleration bonus. Correct?

If so, what can I do when my engines are turned off? All the same stuff, but I get no acceleration and -25% speed per turn, right? Are aggressive and defensive drivings also impossible?

If all of the above was correct, will I be able to do either of my attitude-changing actions with engines turned off?
1. Yes. However with defensive driving you won't go faster then your previous speed.
2. No agressive/Defense driving.
3.technically yes.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much of a bonus?

Also, you might want to add stuff about turning engine off to the OP.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

-Weaponry: Automatic Grenade Launcher.
-Weaponry: Machine Gun.
-Weaponry: Hydra Missiles
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, but you've already submitted a...

Two pony avatars in the same thread?! The world is coming to an end, surely.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

You obviously never saw the "Count to 25 before a pony comes" thread.
Besides, my pony is a trench soldier.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Hmmm...

Weapon Roll 1: 'Devastator' Quad rocket launcher. High damage/accuracy/range (in that order). Fires one rocket at a time, can target land/sea. Low ammo. Can range from 4 rockets to 8. Also, has a small power use. (Misc: None. Focus on raw firepower)

Weapon Roll 2: Flak Cannon. Stable firepower output. Targets air only. High damage, reasonable accurate/range. Ammo based. (Misc: None. Old technology tends to just focus on the direct approach.)

Weapon Roll 3: If one of the weapon roll's are less than 4, re-roll. If both are less than 4, re-roll 'Devastator' Quad Rocket Launcher. If neither apply, re-roll Power Core, same priorities.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Can I bring back the Hurricane Missile Launcher?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

ewwww my rolls thus far.

Weapon One- LASER EYES! The Cincinnati can convert Energy to shoot lasers from its eyes with high accuracy and damage, albeit for a high cost. Intended as long range weapon.

Weapon Two- SHOULDER MOUNTED VIBRO-SCTYHES! These cruel blades flip out from the flanks of the Cincinnati, damaging enemies who find themselves alongside the Robot Horse. Melee weapon.

Weapon Three- ORAL FLAMETHROWER! The Cincinnati can breathe fire, what more can I say? Intended as a mid-range weapon (further than melee, closer than, say, aircraft.)

I was gonna reroll that terribad Engine this turn, but then I got carried away with cool things a robot horse could do.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Can I bring back the Hurricane Missile Launcher?
Maybe. It might not be be as strong as it was in the previous race, though.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, I would like to change my Dive ability to increase my speed by 4*N instead of propelling me for N tiles, if that doesn't seem too OP for you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Toaster? Turn please.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn Two: Heavy weaponry

Turn isn't done yet. But I'm already posting it while I'm going to do something else.

Player name: adwarf
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: The Destructor
Stats:
(-2 armor)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 50/50 E(20-40 regen)]
Engine: [20/20 hp| Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20+5, Max Speed:80]

-[2]Weaponry: Twin .50 Cal Gatling Guns
-[6]Weaponry: Quad Heat Seeking Missiles
-[4]Weaponry: Deployable .50Cal Sentries

Player name: Tyrin Ferric
Vehicle name: Banshee
Stats:
(+1 dodge,-1 armor, flies)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 290/290 E(30 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:50]
ECM: X*25 power to lower enemy accuracy with dX
Spoiler: Firelash rockets (click to show/hide)
-[5]Weaponry: Firelash Rockets! Shockwave missile batteries. Perfect, these shall go under the foresection, flanking the cockpit...
-[4]Weaponry: Long-range Cruise Missile! ...and between the turbofans, I would like a launching system compacted right there. Yes, right before the cockpit...
-[5]Weaponry: ECM (Electronic Counter Measure) ...and in the cockpit, I'd like something installed there. Something to disrupt anyone trying to target me. Make this one draw power from our reactor

Player name: Jack Dendy
Vehicle name: Starhopper
Bio: After failing to win the last race, Jack decided to enter again. This time with a slightly more weapon-based vehicle.
(+1 to armor, +5 to speed )
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:15]
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hydra missiles (click to show/hide)
-[1]Weaponry: Automatic Grenade Launcher.
-[5]Weaponry: Machine Gun.
-[4]Weaponry: Hydra Missiles

Player name: Connor Hasbin
Vehicle name: The Armadillo MK2
(+2 to armor, +5 to engine power use)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(20 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d40, Max Speed:50]
Spoiler: Flak cannon (click to show/hide)
[6]Weapon Roll 1: 'Devastator' Quad rocket launcher. High damage/accuracy/range (in that order). Fires one rocket at a time, can target land/sea. Low ammo. Can range from 4 rockets to 8. Also, has a small power use. (Misc: None. Focus on raw firepower)

[1]Weapon Roll 2: Flak Cannon. Stable firepower output. Targets air only. High damage, reasonable accurate/range. Ammo based. (Misc: None. Old technology tends to just focus on the direct approach.)

[3]Weapon Roll 3: If one of the weapon roll's are less than 4, re-roll. If both are less than 4, re-roll 'Devastator' Quad Rocket Launcher. If neither apply, re-roll Power Core, same priorities.

Player name: Dariush the Madder
Vehicle name: WorldConq II Mk.1
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:15, Arceleration: d10, Max Speed:70]
-Altitude change: I can rise higher for N*10 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 10*N.  Raised dodge by N but lowers Acc by N.  (-5%*N speed debuff during flight)
-Dive: I lower myself by N*10 meters and increase speed by N. Costs 5*N.
Spoiler: Laser turret (click to show/hide)
-[6]Altitude change: I can rise higher for N*10 meters (I specify N when doing the action) at the cost of 3*N. Depending on distance from the ground (let's call it D), my dodge is raised by D while the accuracy of all my weapons is lowered by D.
-[1]Dive: I lower myself by N*10 meters and travel N tiles in a specified direction. My weapons get a +N bonus to accuracy for that turn. Costs 2*N.
-[4]Laser blaster: if the accuracy in general is independent from distance, for this weapon it will be inversely proportional. Unless I'm attacking from the height of 1 and not as part of diving, I can't target specific enemy parts. I can fire between 1 at 10 shots at once, each one at 5 power (no separate ammo pool). Every separate shot is obviously weak, but is separately targeted if the above condition (height 1, no diving) isn't fulfilled. If I'm firing 4 or less shots, they get a bonus to accuracy.

Player name:  Toaster
Vehicle name:  The Paradox
Modules
(-1 to dodge)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 30/30 E(70 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:30, Arceleration: d50, Max Speed:70]
Paradoxal Stunner: Energy use: 50. Range: 40. Target rolls d6. (1-2: Speed -20, 3-4: -10, 5-6: 0)
Spoiler: Theseus Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Grandfather Cannon (click to show/hide)

[4]Weapon 1:  The Theseus Guns:  Twin laser guns that are actually the same gun.  One had individual parts replaced until each part was new.  The old parts were then assembled into another gun, making them both the same gun.

This weapon has medium damage and high accuracy, but not very high range.  It's fairly energy-efficient. 

[3]Weapon 2:  The Grandfather Cannon:  This gun shoots a bullet backwards in time, aimed at the grandfather of the driver of the target vehicle.  This bullet kills said grandfather and prevents the driver from being born and ever competing in the race.  However, since that would cause a temporal paradox in that the bullet would then have no target and therefore never have been fired, a temporal resonation occurs centered in the area, causing damage to the vehicle the driver is occupying.

This weapon is highly accurate and damaging with a good range, but has very limited ammo.  Also, it tampers with the space-time continuum, so that's probably bad.

[4]Weapon 3:  The Paradoxical Stunner:  This weaponized projection system will fill a driver's cockpit with details explaining a logical paradox.  The driver is so enthralled by the projection (and the accompanying subliminal suggestion that they try to figure it out) that they are slowed down.

Moderate range, special otherwise (Energy based)

Name: Sky King
Vehicle Name: Cincinnati
Bio: Having won the first Death Race, Monk changed his name to Sky King, and now seeks to add a new moniker- Horse Lord!
(Jetboost: Uses 100 energy. Produces a 20 speed boost and allows the Cincinnati to fly.)
Powercore:[20/20hp| 110/110 E(35 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:25, Arceleration: d20, Max Speed:30]
Spoiler: Laser Eyes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ORAL FLAMETHROWER (click to show/hide)

[2]Weapon One- LASER EYES! The Cincinnati can convert Energy to shoot lasers from its eyes with high accuracy and damage, albeit for a high cost. Intended as long range weapon.

[2]Weapon Two- SHOULDER MOUNTED VIBRO-SCTYHES! These cruel blades flip out from the flanks of the Cincinnati, damaging enemies who find themselves alongside the Robot Horse. Melee weapon.

[6]Weapon Three- ORAL FLAMETHROWER! The Cincinnati can breathe fire, what more can I say? Intended as a mid-range weapon (further than melee, closer than, say, aircraft.)

Player name: Jim Hawkes
Vehicle name: Death wing
Bio: A military officer and pilot who has been sent to join the WDR in order to get inside the organization and spy on the sponsors who have a stranglehold on the nation. Winning is a side benefit
Stats:
(+1 armor,-5 arceleration. Overcharge: Route power from the engines to a single weapon system. (Engine offline that turn. +2 to damage.))
Powercore:[20/20hp| 170/170 E(0-60 regen)]
Engine: [20/20hp|Energy use:20, Arceleration: d10-5, Max Speed:10]
Spoiler: Eartshaker missile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Autocannons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plasma gun (click to show/hide)
[4]Weapon 1: Earthshaker missile pods. For when you absolutely must turn the target and everything within 20 yards into a crater. (Air-to-ground, high damage, medium range weapon that's expensive ammo wise and makes up it's low accuracy for being AoE and tearing up the track)
[5]Weapon 2: Nose mounted auto cannons that can switch ammo between AP and AA shells (similar to red wrecker's machine guns, but slightly more expensive ammo wise in order to be able to do actual damage. AP and AA ammo are separate)
[5]Weapon 3: Plasma gun that feeds it's ammo right from the engine. (all-round gun)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:16:05 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19