Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race 2: Revised edition(Full. Spots open for following races)  (Read 47837 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Doh, my bad.

Weapon 1The Theseus Guns:  Twin laser guns that are actually the same gun.  One had individual parts replaced until each part was new.  The old parts were then assembled into another gun, making them both the same gun.

This weapon has medium damage and high accuracy, but not very high range.  It's fairly energy-efficient. 

Weapon 2The Grandfather Cannon:  This gun shoots a bullet backwards in time, aimed at the grandfather of the driver of the target vehicle.  This bullet kills said grandfather and prevents the driver from being born and ever competing in the race.  However, since that would cause a temporal paradox in that the bullet would then have no target and therefore never have been fired, a temporal resonation occurs centered in the area, causing damage to the vehicle the driver is occupying.

This weapon is highly accurate and damaging with a good range, but has very limited ammo.  Also, it tampers with the space-time continuum, so that's probably bad.

Weapon 3The Paradoxical Stunner:  This weaponized projection system will fill a driver's cockpit with details explaining a logical paradox.  The driver is so enthralled by the projection (and the accompanying subliminal suggestion that they try to figure it out) that they are slowed down.

Moderate range, special otherwise (Energy based)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

A four and two fives? Heck yeah!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Defense systems: Automated Drone Defense Net - Several mini drones are stored within The Destructor, these drones are armed with mid-caliber AP rounds for shooting down incoming missiles, and providing covering fire for the vehicle itself.
-Defense systems: Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield - Using a weapons kinetic force against it this shield launches incoming fire out in a random direction, this shield has a high energy cost, but easily reflects weaponry.
-Defense systems: Use this to reroll either if they get below a four. If both roll a four or above then reroll my lowest weapon roll
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:04:56 pm by adwarf »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

-Defense systems: Automated Drone Defense Net - Several mini drones are stored within The Destructor, these drones are armed with mid-caliber AP rounds for shooting down incoming missiles, and providing covering fire for the vehicle itself.
-Defense systems: Prototype Kinetic Reflective Shield - [/i]Using a weapons kinetic force against it this shield launches incoming fire out in a random direction, this shield has a high energy cost, but easily reflects weaponry.[/i]
-Defense systems: Can I forgo the third one for a boost to the other twos rolls?
No. You can use it to reroll any other roll. Conditionalls are allowed. (Ie, If roll X is under 4 reroll other wise ...)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Up, turn finished.

Also adwarf, you might want to add an addendum to the thrid roll for what happens if both previous rolls get above 4. (You can reroll previous rolls, or roll for something you would have done in a future one).

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

-Defense systems: Re-roll Grenade Launcher
-Defense systems: Light armor, keep the speed high, but add a bit of armor.
-Defense systems: Point Defense Turret.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Defense 1: Needs moar armor
Defense 2: Armor plating around the engine
Defence 3: An energy sheild that blocks non-kenetic weapons

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ahaha, the Grandfather Cannon is great!

I've got a couple ideas for defense systems I need to piece together.  Hint- cats are involved again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

At this rate, Toaster, I'm imagining for a special, you'll have the Improbability Drive :P

Also, wow, that Devastator is awesome. A Misc note missing is that it targets land/sea only. (4 ammo :( A price paid! :P)

Ok, defense!

Defense Roll 1: Angled side armour. The Armadillo sports heavy armour angled for maximum protection against Land/Sea attacks. Given the chance (aka, a high roll) the Armadillo will use more energy to race for even greater armour.

Defense Roll 2: Mini-missile air defense system. A replica of the incredibly successful MK1 version, this fires mini-missiles to target incoming projectiles from the air, whilst having electro-magnetic properties that destablises energy weapons on impact.    Ammo based air defense.

Defense Roll 3: If one of the previous rolls roll less than 4 re-roll. If both roll less than 4, re-roll the lowest. If they're the same, re-roll Angled Side Armour. If none of that apply: Camoflage. Learning from the last race, being able to avoid enemy fire completely is a useful thing to have. The Armadillo, though, is not particularly agile, so instead, confuses the enemy/electronics with a basic camoflage coating, giving a dodge roll.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Defense 1: Armor armor everywhere!
Defense 2: But ESPECIALLY the Power Core!
Defense 3: If either of the above is less than 3, reroll. Otherwise, reroll Laser Eyes

dem 2's man

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

If I was going to use that, I'd go with a full HGttG theme.  However, more cats!*

Defense Roll 1:  The Schrödinger Shield:   A quantum generator projects a field of particles that show elements of being both energy and matter around the craft.  This shield protects against attacks by ensuring the craft is sometimes simply not even there.

Defense Roll 2:  Immovable Object Armor:  Should the waveform collapse and the Paradox be there, the armored shell is designed to be completely immovable, causing any projectile to fail to penetrate to vitals.

Defense Roll 3:  The Unstoppable Force Device:  In the belly of the Paradox lies a device that reacts to any damage caused by attacks that manage to bypass the previous two systems.  It takes any force generated by taken damage, and converts it directly to forward momentum- bypassing the engine entirely.

*Ooo.  The next craft should be LOLcat themed!  Instead of descriptions, I post pictures!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Player name: Nikolai
Cash: 500
Vehicle name: The Red Rocket
Bio: When a guy needs money, he needs some money.
Nikolai is a mechanic that is bored with everything in general- he wants some action in his dull life. When he heard of the Wacky Death Race, he got his shop geared for two things- building his vehicle and vodka production. He's drunk and bored. He's known to be a bit... wild.
First action:

I'm probably a bit late but I'll throw this in for a following race.

-*Form: A cross between a Cold War soviet submarine and a TRON bike. Like a TRON bike with heavy black iron coating and valves and much more length- Nikolai can sit in this one rather than ride it. The real abilities come from his core.
-*Powercore: A cold fission reactor. It has little to no chance of a meltdown, and it's quite sturdy. It's generation fluctuates (Die-roll based) and it can store a fair amount of energy (Balanced, to where if storage is average I want better HP, and if storage is good then no extra HP.
-*Engine: Nikolai's engine is a work of art. This "Caterpillar engine" is capable of running completely quietly, lessening Power use at the cost of acceleration and max speed. It's normal mode , however, has average all around stats, a bit weighted for Acceleration.
Power:3/6:2C/6
Accel: 5/6:3C/6
Max S:3/6:2C/6
(Note that the "C" means Caterpillar mode. It's for energy conservation, mostly.)
Example:

...turn end.
Nikolai's engine is running in Regular Mode
or
Nikolai's engine is running in Caterpillar Mode

I based this off of the sub from Hunt for the Red October, btw.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tyrin smiled, his schematics were usually mistaken for other designs and the materials would be uselessly incorporated into different works. But this time they listened, and he was glad.

"Alright, now let's move over to the aft, port and starboard sections."

Defense Roll 1:  Iridium Plating - Armor from fallen 'stars', designed for speed while acting as a flexible weave around all parts of the Banshee, able to disperse any incoming projectiles and even special attacks, if structured correctly.

Defense Roll 2:  Regenerative Nanites - Nanotechnology, the epitome of science. With this, Iridium Plate is further strengthened from enemy fire, able to consume worn out debris and other material to repair itself. It obviously relies on power, but with the advancements and refinements in it's creation, it may be able to strengthen a module's armor if designed well enough.

Defense Roll 3: If any of the above are lower than 4, reroll and take the higher number. Otherwise:
Defensive Matrix - Add-on armor, matching the sleek styles of archaic aviation. This matrix weave is mostly made to aid maneuverability of aircraft, to easily evade any incoming projectiles and to make those 'Aerial Ace' movements depicted in history much easier. Fortunately, if these schematics are followed right (5 or more), then it adds to 'health' of all modules available.

Haven't said this before, but Welcome Tsuchigumo550 to the RTD board!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:25:04 am by Tiruin »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((I feel so special.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Wait, so what happened? You promised me a free form reroll as part of the first roll. :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19