Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: You are a Lord of the Wastes  (Read 26153 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord of the Wastes
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »

Just explore the part of the ship that is above water.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »

Thanks for the info, WD.

Hmm...no one really cares about zoanthropes right? No zoanthrope defamation league or the sorts? We could hypothetically create traps, capture zoanthropes, and harvest organs from them. Of course that plan is extremely stupid...

As for the Olympia, ask them to seek out a control room or something that looks important.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 09:21:50 pm »

Send about half the milita to the Olympia, ourselves included since we are the only ones who can see the treasures from the shit. Also do we know anything about the names America, Canda, Africa, Iraq, Israel, The Middle East, Japan, Australia and Mexico?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 09:25:10 pm »

America is probably Amerek.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:13 pm »

I think investigating the warship that protects our port but has indiscriminate targetting is a bad idea at the moment. Seems like we would just be wasting lives, which seems counter to our character to this point.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 09:32:29 pm »

What? I thought the ship only had aquatic defences...I must have read that wrong. Wait, is there even a way to reach it without going into the water?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »

This is what I was going on:

"It doesn't interfere with the intake of water, but some of its defenses are still active and your people fear to go near it, claiming through myths and legends that a maddened machine spirit still lives within its metal shell."

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:12 am »

Ok, so I need a decision on the Olympia expedition and on what stuff you want built before the next turn can go up.

Also do we know anything about the names America, Canda, Africa, Iraq, Israel, The Middle East, Japan, Australia and Mexico?

You know America and Amerek to be the same place. More specifically you are aware of the United States of America, one of the mightiest of the Empires of Old. You have often speculated whether it was an ally or rival of the United States of Europe, or indeed whether they were the same thing. Such is the nature of the past's tangled roots. Certainly, U.S.A and America turns up sometimes on old documents and archives, mostly in incomprehensible recorded hero plays.     

You believe that Canada is a type of sweet syrup extracted from trees as a luxury for the elite of Builder society. Or that's what you know from your limited knowledge.

Africa, Iraq, Israel, and the Middle East you have heard of. All are places along the Burnt Coast. Israel is the land where the Forgivers say the Nailed God was born and the Middle East is the name in the High Speech for the Sea of Glass. Iraq is a type of shelf for holding cylindrical objects. For some reason, the U.S.A utterly forbid these and waged many wars to eradicate them. Africa is the Southern part of the burnt coast, where horned horses and gold comes from.

Australia and Mexico you have only heard of in passing, but from what you know Mexico used to provide slaves to the United States.

Japan is the land of the Metal People who opposed Mighty Chin. The Legends are uncertain as to what exactly happened. 
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 10:05:46 am »

1) No expedition. The systems are still up and probably deadly. Inquire in the town about stories. There's a giant ship that 's utterly forbidden, surely some kids tried to get in.

2)See if it would be possible to use an electric arc to increase the heat in the solar forge. Thinking of a hybrid forge there. If not possible, we should try to find out what the part looks like and if we can find one from somewhere.

3)Just plate the outer spaces of the wall with alloy for now. Make sure it is properly thightened and secured, don't want it to be stolen.

4)Build a dock. Paint it white and secure it with some heavy weights in the water close to our coast.

5)Good. Give the co-operating tinkers a crate of the spare parts and some composite rods(If they think they could be usefull). Say that if they want to have anything else they 'd have to ask and we'd consider it.

6) Search all the spaces for important information. Check the current state of both the fusion and the water purification plant.

Btw: Zoanthrope= Zombie without Uv weakness.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54:55 am »

Ptw!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15:26 am »

I wanted to ask, how is the biological and plant life holding up? Is there anything beyond the gardens that provides food?
One would assume that with all that purified water some sort of irrigation system should be organized or at least food production should be boosted. excess can be traded away and used to attract settlers.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:26 am »

I wanted to ask, how is the biological and plant life holding up? Is there anything beyond the gardens that provides food?
One would assume that with all that purified water some sort of irrigation system should be organized or at least food production should be boosted. excess can be traded away and used to attract settlers.
That's what the previous ruler did. However we don't want to waste water. Our fusion fuel is limited and the purification plant isn't in top shape.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:41 am »

Well, water for agriculture has to be secured somehow. Otherwise its stagnation. I would leave all that tech junk and take care of making the town a liveable place.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:52:02 am by Ardas »

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 11:48:05 am »

To clarify, there are many small gardens and fields in the town, irrigated with water from the desalinization plant. The other main source of food are fishermen (which is one of the reasons you are building a dock). Overseer Jorgal, your predecessor, ran the plant at about three and a half times its current rate of production and traded the excess water for stuff, most notable mercenaries. Although not that rare, chemically pure water  is valued in the larger settlements due it being guaranteed safe to drink and for a variety of chemical processes which require pure, distilled water. To quote the end of turn inventory spoiler thingy:

Food Supplies: Adequate. A sudden shortage could cause problems.

The biological and plant life is holding up quite well. The biggest problem has been the various abominations created by genetic plagues, some of which skipped over species boundaries. The main ones that affect you (from the point of view of things that created monsters or something usable, since I doubt you wanna hear all about liver atrophy in burrowing moles) are things like giganticism, increased aggression and prolonged life. These actually stem from experimental medical cures, but your character doesn't know anything about it at this point...

For a few examples that you would be aware of, we have the zoanthropes and horned horses already described. Also, in the distant North it is well known that Nurnberg and it's fellow city states spend much of their effort curtailing the growth of the Black Forest, who's enormous trees grow anything up to ten meters a year and leach all the goodness from the soil.         
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:50:08 am by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 11:56:07 am »

Well, water for agriculture has to be secured somehow. Otherwise its stagnation. I would leave all that tech junk and take care of making the town a liveable place.
Currently the only source of water are natural sources and the filtration plants. Geoengineering has resulted in a constant and prolonged drought.

Btw: Chemically pure water is not safe to drink. It is in fact, quite deadly. Due to Osmosis all your cells that come in contact with the water will absorb it untill they explode. This most notably happens with your red blood cells, which are quite important to human survival.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14