Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 92772 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44:39 pm »

Might still be better to actually finish the first game they set out to do. There's the risk that if they fail to finish the first game, they may be sued by angry backers (since the TOS does allow for suing the company if it fail to deliver the "rewards"). That potential lawsuit could very well sink their second game.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:41 pm »

Tropes vs. Women in Video Games is coming out in a week.

I think we can put the "she ran off with the money" rumors to rest now. People will have to find some other conspiracy theory to circlejerk over.

So I asked this on another site but for people who have watched this I have to ask a question and it is a simple question (since their first topic is on Damsels in distress).

Is the conclusion that Damsels in Distress are a bad thing inherantly and that there shouldn't be damsels?

It really is the question of quality and determines whether or not this entire thing is worth listening to

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2013, 04:49:23 am »

Tropes vs. Women in Video Games is coming out in a week.

I think we can put the "she ran off with the money" rumors to rest now. People will have to find some other conspiracy theory to circlejerk over.

So I asked this on another site but for people who have watched this I have to ask a question and it is a simple question (since their first topic is on Damsels in distress).

Is the conclusion that Damsels in Distress are a bad thing inherantly and that there shouldn't be damsels?

It really is the question of quality and determines whether or not this entire thing is worth listening to

The closest she comes to saying it shouldn't be used is saying it should be used less often than it is now.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2013, 05:14:38 am »

The closest she comes to saying it shouldn't be used is saying it should be used less often than it is now.
I can't even think of an example off the top of my head that isn't Princess Peach.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2013, 08:52:38 am »

I can't even think of an example off the top of my head that isn't Princess Peach.

Zelda.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2013, 09:02:13 am »

Zelda.
You mean the one that spent seven years kicking ass while the male her was frozen in time?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2013, 09:04:36 am »

Shit, forget OoT. Goddamn Tetra!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2013, 09:06:05 am »

Well, she was also a pirate tomboy in Wind Waker. Hehe. :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:55 am »

My reasoning as to why Zelda tends to be captured is that as the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom she forsees that instead of fighting Ganon with her armies behind her, that the best thing for her people is to surrender

And... she actually tends to be right. Heck in Twilight Princess that is probably what saved the entire kingdom.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 08, 2013, 09:54:45 am »

My reasoning as to why Zelda tends to be captured is that as the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom she forsees that instead of fighting Ganon with her armies behind her, that the best thing for her people is to surrender

And... she actually tends to be right. Heck in Twilight Princess that is probably what saved the entire kingdom.
And then later theres an armyless battle between the three of them, judging by recent zeldas. Wind waker has a 2 on 1, twilight princess has a complicated mess of an end boss that has both a fight against (puppet) zelda and a horseback 2 on 1, and I think Spirit Tracks had something like it but I don't remember exactly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 08, 2013, 11:31:44 am »

In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2013, 11:52:31 am »

C'mon, guys, it's all actually in the video.

Times like these makes me happy I decided NEVER to click on links people post that don't have any explanation whatsoever.

there is a 50/50 chance this video link is stupid.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:54 pm »

Times like these makes me happy I decided NEVER to click on links people post that don't have any explanation whatsoever.

I shouldn't have to explicitly say what the video is when it's literally the only thing being discussed in this very topic at the moment. But here. Let me be explicit.

It is the video.

That is being discussed.

In this topic.

Right now.

The text was even directed to everyone who was talking about the video who hadn't watched it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:14:49 pm by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:03 pm »

It's kinda obvious what it is. But hey, maybe it's stupid, so we should not tell you what it is.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:32 pm »

The video feels a bit odd somehow.  The videogame trivia was often interesting but wasn't really tied into her points, which made the whole thing feel a bit disjointed.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46