Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]  (Read 11549 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 6: Stabbed A Lot]
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2012, 01:04:57 am »

Appear, name self Roger, the Basket Carrier. Find Nirur's fishman, diving tackle it to the ground before Nirur punches it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2012, 07:16:28 am »

Forsith grinned as he picked up the wooden chunk, for at least he had something to protect him. This wouldn't do, if he tried to hit anyone with it, though.

He turned back to look upon the battle, it was going...well, as far as he could see. But where was that dagger-wielding man who inspired the people with his call of a shepherd's dog?

Oh, there he is.

Defend Nedenir Adaros! Fend off all attacks going to our general direction, that passes by our location, which may mostly pertain to the one attacking him.

If possible, aid him in his matter.

Edit:
Spoiler: OOC and Waitlist(?) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:22:39 am by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

((How do we tell when we're in? Are you just going to tell us?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2012, 11:40:56 am »

Quote from: Toaster
Appear!
Well, this doesn't look good.
((This way.))

Edit: It just occurred me, but what are the advantages of having our fellow peasants winning the battle?

My side was winning, even if slightly.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:52:02 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2012, 04:33:39 pm »

Terrance walks out of the castle, recently being trained in peasantry for 75 gold coins. He looks around, to see if there was gold to mine, trees to chop or towers to build, saying "Ready to Work."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »

Edit: It just occurred me, but what are the advantages of having our fellow peasants winning the battle?

1)  They don't all get slaughtered leaving you as the only target
2)  When they win, you get to face the new greater threat!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »

Waitlist me please.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »

Turn 7: Didn't Get Better

Punch the fishman again. Ask it to stand still first.
[7-1] vs [7-1] You politely ask the fishman to stand still. It refuses, so you try to punch it anyway. It refuses again.

[1+2] vs [5+1] You once again dodge spears like a boss.

+1 Punching
Now Dabbling Puncher!
+1 Dodging

Stabilise myself.
[2] You try out our brand new, simpler stabilization system. You take one damage.

-1 HP

Speaking of recovery, Try to recover!
[1] You slip even deeper into unconsciousness.

[5] You vaguely feel yourself resting on something soft.

Stabilise self, try to crawl away.
[1] You hack up blood.

-4 HP

Appear, name self Roger, the Basket Carrier. Find Nirur's fishman, diving tackle it to the ground before Nirur punches it.
You are too late- Nirur has already attempted to punch the fishman that killed your father. Or that is secretly your brother. Or that saved your life that one time.

Look, whyever you're after this fish, somebody already tried to punch it. Just not very well.

[3-1] vs [5-1] Then again, you know what they say about glass houses. Or maybe you don't, having simply been told you'll be stabbed anytime you bring up somebody else's faults.

Defend Nedenir Adaros! Fend off all attacks going to our general direction, that passes by our location, which may mostly pertain to the one attacking him.

If possible, aid him in his matter.
[10+2] vs [9+3-1] A fishman stabs at you, distracting you long enough to whip his spear around and bash you in the side of the head with its rear. Everything goes dark.

+3 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger!
-1 HP
+1 Max HP!
Now unconscious

Terrance walks out of the castle, recently being trained in peasantry for 75 gold coins. He looks around, to see if there was gold to mine, trees to chop or towers to build, saying "Ready to Work."
A guard shovels you towards the courtyard. You keep an eye out for marauding purple elves or hulking flesh behemoths, but mostly just see a really big werewolf, some skeletons without a necromancer, and some murlocs small fishmen.

Unfortunately, nobody gave you a hammer or militia gear. Bah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New stabilization system! Also considering switching to a much more granular, fluid exp system for opposed rolls. Would require major rebalancing of the current numbers, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

((Huh...I am still trying to understand the new system. What happens if I just wait? My hp does not heal and everything tries to kill me in the meantime?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:00 pm »

((12vs12? I get wounded? D: ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2012, 10:30:14 pm »

((12vs12? I get wounded? D: ))
((12vs12-1))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:13 pm »

((My character never took arithmetic, and it seems it has seeped onto me. Oops.))

Re-establish connection with the conscious mind and wake up!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

((Huh...I am still trying to understand the new system. What happens if I just wait? My hp does not heal and everything tries to kill me in the meantime?))
No, it's automatic. I'd like there to be some sort of "Wait for help" and "Get better on own" options, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

I guess I could let you take an automatic -1 HP, but all that'd be good for is avoiding wound damage again on a 1.

Also, the system's not entirely in one piece yet. Still working on what exactly everything does. >_>
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »

Nedenir tries to get better already.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:58:44 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

Keep punching towards the fishman.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8