Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]  (Read 11552 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 2: Polite Conversation]
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »

Turn 3: Meaty Kibbles 'N' Bits

Er, so, I'd better try to stabilise myself or something.
[8] vs [9] You suffer a terminal case of Face Eaten By Jackal.

[4] You struggle valiantly, but alas, it's not enough.

-8 HP
Bryan the Slopper, Pony Slopper has been struck down!

Sorry for interupting sir. I have to go now though, I have a charge to attend sir, excuse me sir.

Pardon then run away towards the fighting soldiers. Try to loan a weapon there. Probably from one of the soldiers who were thrown away. (If they are dead, get loot. If not, help them)
[2] As you try to run the guard trips you. He then points his sword menacingly at your face.

"Goin' so soon? Naaaaahhhh, I think you an' I are gonna have a lil' chat. Like about how much o' your face you gonna get to keep."

Or just quietly bleed to death.

Stand just behind the rest of the peasants squaring off with the skeletons, and engage from a safe distance.
[3] For some strange reason everyone wants to stand behind everyone else, making it rather hard to not slowly creep away from the enemy. Fortunately your longer weapon gives you an excuse.

[6-2] vs [8+1] For some strange reason you peasant horde has a hard time accomplishing anything, flailing impotently at the skeletons as they advance in an ordered formation.

[10+2] vs [1-2] For some equally strange reason the skeletons scythe through the peasants like a stampeding herd of cows with scythes tied to them through wheat.

[4+2] vs [7+1] Your lash out with your spear, but fail to hit anything.

[3] Your location at the back of the horde gives you a momentary reprieve from being scythed like wheat, but the fact that you're still alive suddenly draws a lot of unwanted attention.

Make some sushi.

Just don't expect the fish to be clean, despite the freshness.
[2] You fail to find any fish. Not that you get very far before an irritated-looking man in a heavy iron breastplate asks you what you're doing here and not on the front lines.

Nedenir roars to inspire his group of ragtag peasants! Because he is probably part sheepdog anyway. Then he takes a step back and holds his shield in front of him, bashing the closest fishman with it.
[5] You give a mighty sheepdog roar! The peasants are inspired!

[8] vs [8] The fighting is fierce, with neither side willing to let up and go fight actual opponents instead!

[9-2] vs [7-1] You bash a fishman with your shield! It stumbles, obviously wounded!

[3+2] vs [10-1] It reacts by jabbing fiercely with its spear! You dance away, looking damn good in the process!

+4 Shield Basher
Now Dabbling Shield Basher!
+7 Dodger
Now Novice Dodger!

[2-3+2] vs [9+11]
Ehhh .....

Go punch a skeleton.
[3] You attempt to flee, but a soldier grabs you by the shoulder and throws you back towards the werewolf.

"Ohnoyedon't, get back in there!" he shouts before getting back in there.

[1] Suddenly the werewolf's head snaps over to your direction. It looks directly at you for a moment before striking.

[10+13] vs [4-1] The werewolf vanishes for a moment before flickering back to where it was. Huh, guess it didn't you fall into finely minced chunks.

-20 HP
Sam, Farmer has been struck down!

Quote from: Tiruin
Appear!
Well, this doesn't look good.

Quote from: NRDL
Appear!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:02:43 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 3: Meaty Kibbles 'N' Bits]
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »

Summon Bigger Fish!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

Then I shall rejoin the waiting list.

Name: Sam Jr.
Description: Sam Jr. looks like a fourteen-year-old former farmer.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 07:35:40 pm »

Welp.

Go bravely join the fishmen fighters.  In the back.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »

Nedenir steps back to get out of the fishman's range. If the fishman tries to jab against the air afterwards, the half-sheepdog peasant hits the shaft of the spear with his shied, pushing the spear against the ground to disarm the beast!

And hopefully take the spear if everything goes alright. At least if I take damage and enter a coma I am away from the thick of the battle.

((Also, did that roar really inspire the peasants?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

((Eeeeep. Didn't notice I'm in. NRDL, If you're reading this, you're in too.))

Um, um...Aid the people fighting the fishman! Because they look like my kinfolk!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »

Find weapon, preferably spear.  I'll settle for anything sharp really.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:28 am »

Name: Peeseent Guuy
Description: Peeseent Guuy loved playing with swords as a child. As an adult, however, the love for swords soon evaporated. He also has a brown everything.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:34:42 am by borno »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:02 am »

Escape in a spacetime paradox till next saterday.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 05:34:03 am »

((Ahhahahahaha oh wow))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:07 am »

((Ahhahahahaha oh wow))
Translation: I'll be unable to post untill next saterday, please don't kill me(Feel free to do so if you want).

If I die i would like to be put on ze waitlist.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 06:11:32 am »

Turn 4: Like A Ba(u)ss

Summon Bigger Fish!
[3-3] You summon a hungry fishy maw directly beneath you. It begins eating your legs.

[9] vs [10-1] Your foot catches on the inside, and you realize you've got some leverage. If you play your cards right, you could turn this to your advantage. If you play them wrong, you'll literally feed yourself to this thing. If you decide not to go for it, it'll gain an advantage as a result of you fleeing rather than fighting.

[5] The guard jumps with a start, then grabs your hand and attempts to help you out of the fish. Do you accept aid Y/N?

+3 Summoning
Now Dabbling Summoner!
No, You May Not Learn Tropomancy!
Stop Asking!
+5 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger!

Welp.

Go bravely join the fishmen fighters.  In the back.
[2] vs [5-1] The marching skeletons keep pace with you.

[10+2] vs [2-1] One of them breaks rank, moving so swiftly you can't even track it. It delivers a graceful downward blow, then holds its crouching position dramatically. A moment later you slide in half down the middle.

-11 HP
UristMcNotADwarf, Notdwarf has been struck down!

Nedenir steps back to get out of the fishman's range. If the fishman tries to jab against the air afterwards, the half-sheepdog peasant hits the shaft of the spear with his shied, pushing the spear against the ground to disarm the beast!

And hopefully take the spear if everything goes alright. At least if I take damage and enter a coma I am away from the thick of the battle.

((Also, did that roar really inspire the peasants?))
((It did, just not in an immediate mechanical sense. IE they get no bonuses, but convincing or boosting them later might be easier.))

[10+2] vs [10+1] Time seems to slow down as the fishman weaves and tenses, spear lashing out like a lightning-fast tentacle. You waver and shift in response, shaggy form moving like smoke... almost fast enough to avoid the blow.

[8+1] vs [3+2] Then your shield bashes the spear into the ground, and the fishman stumbles.

[6] vs [5] Meanwhile, your peasants are slightly winning.

+3 Shield Basher
Now Novice Shield Basher!
+5 Dodging

Um, um...Aid the people fighting the fishman! Because they look like my kinfolk!
[5-1] vs [3-1] You valiantly rush a fishman unarmed and punch him out in one blow.

Huh.

[3] The other fishmen notice you, but make no immediate attempt to stab you a lot.

Find weapon, preferably spear.  I'll settle for anything sharp really.
[3] You find a rusty iron shiv about a foot and a half long. You're not sure what it used to be a part of, but it's yours now.

Gained: Rusty Iron Shiv, -2 Attack, +1 vs Mobile

*sluuuuuuuuuuuurp*!

You are magically transported to the waitlist, where the guard waits patiently to cut your eyeballs out.

Quote from: lawastooshort
Appear!
Well, this doesn't look good. You don't even have a name!

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Appear!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 4: Like A Ba(u)ss]
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 06:14:44 am »

Sneak up on fishmen, then stabbity stab the most unaware looking one. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 4: Like A Ba(u)ss]
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 06:32:43 am »

"What on good and fertile land is happening here?!"

Scavenge for a shield then a weapon, in that order.

Apologize frankly to the fisherman under grounds of self-defense.

OR follow whatever the guy with that iron dagger tells me, for he looks stronger and better.

Edit: Weapon is preferably a bow with arrows (a peasant can wish.)

OR a sling and some rocks!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:10:20 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8